Matteo Darmian | LVG confirms he's on his way here for a medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Like to see these kind of signings. No one knowing what to expect.

Last edited:

Mister Ed

We aren't much better with Valencia. He's not a RB, so I don't think he will threaten for the starting place as much! Rafael would be a better bet coz, as long as he is fit, he is competition. Smalling/ Jones can be the 'other backup' if required.
He is a rightback if you play him there

His stats have been sollid this season, better than Clyne for example. People undervalue Valencia on here alot.

Rafael on his best is serious competition but it has been years since we have seen his best. If you are continioulsy injurred and unavailale you can never be adequate competition simple as that. I think it is high time people start to realize Rafael is gone, he is still here on paper but it is as good as certain you have seen him play his last match for United already some time ago.

hebegebe

Nice under the radar signing if true, even the resident Caf bullshitters/Google experts know feck all about this lad.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It's weird that I get excited about a signing that I've never heard of or knowingly seen play.

Super Nani

Haven't really seen much of him at all but I love how excited everyone's getting, he must be good! About time out team had a young, talented Italian in it, go get him Woody.

Mister Ed

Shows stats don't mean everything.
Stats don't mean everything but they mean more than the opinion of some random bloke on an internet forum.

People don't like Valencia and underrate him massively for some reason. Yet he has always had a big role both under Fergie, under Moyes and also under Van Gaal. Players like Rafael on the other hand are liked for somekind of reason and although the fecker hasn't played in an age and not only for United but also for Brazil he has never been a real valuable part of their team, people still believe he is better than Valencia.

Same goes for Clyne, he is liked because he is english and people like to believe the hype around him from those few good games he has had but they forget all the average or outright bad ones he had aswell. Whilst with Valencia people shut their eyes for the good things and just keep on banging on his weak points.

Thing is stats at the very least tell and unbiased story while these people with a favor for some player and a dislike for another player don't.

Fellaini was also the worst player on earth last year yet LVG played him and has been very valuable for us. Similar to Young. But people for some reason don't like these guys whilst someone like Nani on here still has fan boys thinking he would be one of our best players...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Stats don't mean everything but they mean more than the opinion of some random bloke on an internet forum.

People don't like Valencia and underrate him massively for some reason. Yet he has always had a big role both under Fergie, under Moyes and also under Van Gaal. Players like Rafael on the other hand are liked for somekind of reason and although the fecker hasn't played in an age and not only for United but also for Brazil he has never been a real valuable part of their team, people still believe he is better than Valencia.

Same goes for Clyne, he is liked because he is english and people like to believe the hype around him from those few good games he has had but they forget all the average or outright bad ones he had aswell. Whilst with Valencia people shut their eyes for the good things and just keep on banging on his weak points.

Thing is stats at the very least tell and unbiased story while these people with a favor for some player and a dislike for another player don't.

Fellaini was also the worst player on earth last year yet LVG played him and has been very valuable for us. Similar to Young. But people for some reason don't like these guys whilst someone like Nani on here still has fan boys thinking he would be one of our best players...
I'm not arguing stats are totally irrelevant, but you can see from viewing that Clyne is a better right back than Valencia. As it happens I think Valencia proved himself decent enough this past season.

Mister Ed

I'm not arguing stats are totally irrelevant, but you can see from viewing that Clyne is a better right back than Valencia. As it happens I think Valencia proved himself decent enough this past season.
I don't agree I think Clyne is an overrated overhyped player, atleast from what I have seen this season.

Jones is preferred in the english national team over Clyne and Valencia is preferred over Jones at United. So I think it would be quite unlogical to claim that Clyne is soooo much better than Valencia. Not unless LVG and or the english coach are both so damn wrong about it.

There is that point and the stats to back to it up aswell.

Maybay Clyne has the potential to be better but on the basis of this season no, he isn't.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Better than Clyne for sure (not really hard either)

Better than Coleman probably but hard to say for sure, need to see him in the PL first. But certainly cheaper.
Take your red tinted glasses off. Valencia didnt really do a good job as RB and Coleman or Darmian would be huge improvements

Mister Ed

Take your red tinted glasses off. Valencia didnt really do a good job as RB and Coleman or Darmian would be huge improvements
Keep your pants on both those claims are about Darmian smartass

I'll make it clear to you

Darmian >= Coleman >>> Valencia >>> Clyne

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Better than Clyne and Coleman?
From the bit of Darmian I've seen I'd say he's better than Clyne and roughly on par with Coleman (seems to be stronger defensively, not as dangerous offensively). He's also slightly younger and a fair bit cheaper than Coleman though so would make a lot of sense.

I've seen way more of both Clyne and Coleman though, Torino are a bit beyond my casual viewing.

Steven Seagull

You should apply your logic to Phil Jones who has also played consistently for the same managers. But you seem intent to call him a donkey at every opportunity despite the stats.

AltiUn

Very happy with this. Darmian's the one player I've always wanted us to go for, ever since I first heard about him last week
:lol:
In fairness all I've seen of him was the Juve match from this season that I watched this morning.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Great signing if we pull it off. I've been watching him since he was in the Italy U4's squad.

AltiUn

You should apply your logic to Phil Jones who has also played consistently for the same managers. But you seem intent to call him a donkey at every opportunity despite the stats.
Don't stats suggest Jones is the best U23 CB in Europe?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
First saw him play in 1998 and have wanted him since then. Went Torino home and away for the past three years just to watch this guy.

vodrake

I was actually there for his birth. When I saw him do a Zidane Roulette out of the womb, I knew one day he had to play for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.