MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Matteo Darmian

December 2, 1989 (Age 25)
Club: Torino
Position: Right Back/Left Back
Height: 182cm
Nationality: Italian

He is known for his good quality of offensive and defensive play, his tactical awareness, his pace, and his stamina, attributes - Highly credible quote from wikipedia confirmed.

So it begins.​

Last edited:

Sylar

Apparently 20m Euros (so says Twitter anyway).

One of the few hundred we have been linked with this summer

Mainoldo

Ahhhh. The worlds best right back..:drool: (According to Redcafe).

So can any actually confirm he can play right back seeing as he spends most of his time playing left back.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Seems like him and Coleman are the only obvious options. Fabinho too maybe?

I'd be happy enough with any of them. Have only really seen Darmian with Italy but he looked good.

Santos J

According to sky italia we're interested.
Ah right most likely bollocks then, but for all the bullshit Di Marzio spouts he's pretty reliable when it concerns Italian clubs so could be more to it.

He'd be a great signing anyway, can play anywhere across the back and is a very well rounded player. At €20m it really should be a no brainer.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Quality player. Good tackler and passer, can run for days too. Not a brilliant crosser though,but can play anywhere across the back. He's played as a right wingback for torino over the past few years. €20m is a good deal too, not sure why Bayern haven't closed the deal. Maybe Guardiola is happy with Kimmich, Lahm and Rafinha.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Well, the options of RB has slimmed down to Darmian, Coleman and Fabinho, could definitely see us interested.

izec

So can any actually confirm he can play right back seeing as he spends most of his time playing left back.
What a shit and uninformed comment. We got it that he isnt your muppet signing and that we should have bought Clyne, move on. You probably want us to spend 30m on Coleman.

ghagua

If he is available for €20m, then we need to snap him up quick. He knows how to defend without jumping into a tackle, and is pretty useful going forward as well.

Santos J

He doesn't, he played more on the right last season. Only played on the left when he did as he's equally comfortable there and it allowed Torino to play Bruno Peres more who was great for them last year.

Bojan11

If he is available for €20m, then we need to snap him up quick. He knows how to defend without jumping into a tackle, and is pretty useful going forward as well.
But more importantly, can he stay fit?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Don't know enough about Fabinho to include him but a quick statistical look at Darmian v Coleman tells me that:

1. Darmian is better defensively, Coleman is better offensively.
2. Darmian was better last season, Coleman was better the two seasons before.

Darmian would appear to be cheaper, Coleman would have less adapting to do given he has been in the PL for years.

Basically, either would be fine as far as I can tell.

Rake

Need someone who watches Seria A regularly to give us some info about this guy.

What i saw and read is that he can play RB or LB with ease and he is right footed but not afraid to use his left when the situation calls for it. Seems posess good dribble and technique also.

ghagua

But more importantly, can he stay fit?
Not sure after he joins United. Look at Shaw, a player who hardly missed a game for Southampton, but cannot stay fit for 2 games at United

Raw

Would be a decent signing, at that price we should definitely go for it.

As long as he has a left leg he should be a big improvement on Valencia.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Quality player. Good tackler and passer, can run for days too. Not a brilliant crosser though,but can play anywhere across the back. He's played as a right wingback for torino over the past few years. €20m is a good deal too, not sure why Bayern haven't closed the deal. Maybe Guardiola is happy with Kimmich, Lahm and Rafinha.
His crossing on that video, off either foot looks pretty darn good! Though I'm sure you meant consistently good crosser probably?

Seems very talented and can play on either flank. I've seen him 3 times for Italy & he looked good.

Stadjer

We never do this kind of signings for our first eleven anymore, we want Premier League proven players or highly hyped/rated young talents like Memphis.

Red Stone

I signed him on FM. Sold him for three times the money to Real Madrid just a season later. Based on that and that alone I want him. Good investment.

Varun

Staff
Top OP. Would read again.

Regarding Darmian, everything I've read about him is positive. Bayern were interested too if reports are to be believed.

Raw

I signed him on FM. Sold him for three times the money to Real Madrid just a season later. Based on that and that alone I want him. Good investment.
Another player going to Real Madrid?

Feck it, don't bother signing him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Seen a few matches of the guy and based on that I would say he is not quick enough to be a solid defender at the level we need in the PL but is quality going forwards with a great cross. I would prefer Coleman.

Jacob

Would be delighted if we pull this off, not many Armenian players out there!

Devil may care

We never do this kind of signings for our first eleven anymore, we want Premier League proven players or highly hyped/rated young talents like Memphis.
Actually I'd say this signing would be very much in line with the Rojo and Blind signings when you look at age and price as well as status in their national teams.

Sam

Blind? Rojo? Herrera?

cyberman

Well yes, sounds good to me
The same people yarning for this transfer were the same People begging to sign Cuadrado last year.
It's like when people say Bayern were interested like it's a sure sign, the fact they observed him and never bid should be a bigger sign.
Hopefully he is a quality signing, but Posters calling him perfect and too good to be true to be realistic are way off the mark

izec

Well yes, sounds good to me
The same people yarning for this transfer were the same People begging to sign Cuadrado last year.
It's like when people say Bayern were interested like it's a sure sign, the fact they observed him and never bid should be a bigger sign.
Hopefully he is a quality signing, but Posters calling him perfect and too good to be true to be realistic are way off the mark
That doesnt work like that though. How many were surprised by Herrera or Blind though? Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt. Cuadrado, just like Filipe Luis, never had a decent chance in my opinion, give them a run of games and lets see.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've only seen him play a couple of times but he sounds the biz. 20m euro asking price as well. No brainer unless Bayern are involved.

izec

He can play both Left Back and Right Back. Napoli already offered 20m for him. I believe that offsr was rejected.
I read they werent ready/able to spend 20m on him :confused: Could also be bullshit from Di Marzio

Status
Not open for further replies.