Matteo Darmian | LVG confirms he's on his way here for a medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not sure the link between him and United is credible in the slightest.

Hojoon

Saw him a couple times this season, both times he was playing on the left. Did well enough and even got a goal and an assist against Juventus. He's more of a wingback then a fullback though. Very attack minded.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's slightly older than I thought at 25. I'd be happy with a potential move, but I don't see much in it in terms of credibility.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If we sign him I'm betting my dad will pronounce his name as 'Damo' and for that reason alone I want him.

Stadjer

Actually I'd say this signing would be very much in line with the Rojo and Blind signings when you look at age and price as well as status in their national teams.
Blind? Rojo? Herrera?
Guess you are both right, i'm still stuck in the pre van Gaal mindset. I would actually like these kind of transfers more often instead of overpaying to English clubs.

ottosec

He has played a lot of games last season on the left, looks like a very versatile player.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This would be a very, very good signing. He's a good right back, however, it's all dependant on the future of Rafael, who we seem to be content with. Can't see us adding a third right back.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This would be a very, very good signing. He's a good right back, however, it's all dependant on the future of Rafael, who we seem to be content with. Can't see us adding a third right back.
We seem to be content with Rafael? Since when? He's looked like one of the most nailed on players to get sold for ages.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
1 year left on his contract and he made 11 appearances last season, if there is anyone in the squad who looks on his way out it's him.

Di Maria's angel

We seem to be content with Rafael? Since when? He's looked like one of the most nailed on players to get sold for ages.
Well, I've heard very little with regards to us selling him. It also looks like that LvG is willing to give second chances to a few of our players, via the pre-season tour.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just fecking sign a right back already, be it Coleman, Darmian, Fabinho or whoever else... Give them time to settle in and have a proper pre season at the club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would be the perfect option IMO.

Big, strong quick and brave but also skilful enough. Can play on both flanks and is comfortable in possession, with bundles of stamina.

Revan

Assumptionman
Any reason why his club have put him up for sale?
They haven't. They just are willing to sell him if the right offer come. Italian clubs aren't that rich, most likely their entire yearly revenue is 50-60m euros (35.5m EUR from TV rights, 3m EUR combined from the shirt and main sponsor). 20-25m EUR would be huge money for them. Most likely their entire squad had cost less to be assembled.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I've only seen him for Italy but he's been quality, plus he's versatile.

Di Maria's angel

Amazing player.

Sweet left peg, with amazing technical ability and great reading of the game.....

Never heard of him
He played for Italy in last years World Cup. If you watched any of their games, you've definitely heard of him. Like a large majority have said, he's a very good player.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Don't know enough about Fabinho to include him but a quick statistical look at Darmian v Coleman tells me that:

1. Darmian is better defensively, Coleman is better offensively.
2. Darmian was better last season, Coleman was better the two seasons before.

Darmian would appear to be cheaper, Coleman would have less adapting to do given he has been in the PL for years.

Basically, either would be fine as far as I can tell.
Coleman established in PL is the most important difference

BarstoolProphet

Saw him live (backdoor brag) at the World Cup last year and he didn't impress me at all then. Hopefully he was just having a bad match

vodrake

I remember him absolutely wrecking England down the flank. Dont think thats saying much though

Di Maria's angel

Saw him live (backdoor brag) at the World Cup last year and he didn't impress me at all then. Hopefully he was just having a bad match
As @vodrake said, he was very good against England, can't particularly remember the games against Costa Rica and Uruguay.

Italy did have a very poor World Cup, though.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Can't make my mind up about this one. You compare him with Valencia stat-wise last season and he is slightly better going forward but slightly worse in defence. Is that worth a €20mill investment?
I've seen him play a few times and he looks like a good player, but is he the answer to our RB problem?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Coleman established in PL is the most important difference
The other difference is Coleman will probably cost us double Darmian, so depends how much we are willing to invest on a RB as opposed to other areas of the pitch

Santos J

We've offered €12m + €3m in bonuses according to Di Marzio but they want €20m.

Enigma_87

You know who
The best option out there, I'd take him over Coleman and I do rate Coleman pretty good. Never thought we were interested tho...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

So we've actually made a bid for him then? Di Marzio is definitely connected on these things, especially on italian matters. Heard only good things about him so hopefully it happens. Anyone know what his injury record is like?

Status
Not open for further replies.