Matteo Darmian

wolvored

We have managedcall season without one or the other or both, yet still have the second best defence. Bailly Blind Rojo and even Darmian have played there. With Carrick (if he stays) and Tuanzebe given time to develop there as well. We may even buy another centre back, who knows? but we do need to move S & J on

stevoc

We have managedcall season without one or the other or both, yet still have the second best defence. Bailly Blind Rojo and even Darmian have played there. With Carrick (if he stays) and Tuanzebe given time to develop there as well. We may even buy another centre back, who knows? but we do need to move S & J on
They are part of the reason we have that defensive record though and i don't like the idea of a 36 year old midfielder being one of our CB options, Blind isn't a centre back either both Smalling and Jones are a lot better than him as a defender. Darmian shouldn't even be considered as a CB option fullstop.

Anyway we won't sell both Jones and Smalling i don't think, if we sell one Jones is the more likely to leave i reckon.

wolvored

They are part of the reason we have that defensive record though and i don't like the idea of a 36 year old midfielder being one of our CB options, Blind isn't a centre back either both Smalling and Jones are a lot better than him as a defender. Darmian shouldn't even be considered as a CB option fullstop.

Anyway we won't sell both Jones and Smalling i don't think, if we sell one Jones is the more likely to leave i reckon.
If we only sold one he would be the one I would prefer to go

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

#Calciomercato | #Juventus, hunting at the back: start contacts for #ManUtd #Darmian

Zoo

Looks like he could be off then.

stevoc

Looks like he could be off then.
Will be a good move for all parties. If we do get 12-15m thats a great price and frees us up to get a proper fullback in to replace Darmo.

£25m starting price or tell Juve to get lost.
Nobodies paying £25m for Darmian. We'll ask for £15m, Juve will bid £10m they'll meet at around £12-13m which will be good business.

AndyJ1985

Will be good to get rid of him. There's significant room for improvement in that position.

haram

Will be a good move for all parties. If we do get 12-15m thats a great price and frees us up to get a proper fullback in to replace Darmo.

Nobodies paying £25m for Darmian. We'll ask for £15m, Juve will bid £10m they'll meet at around £12-13m which will be good business.
That's terrible business. We should br getting £20 million at the very least.

el3mel

I wish he'll stay. Good back up option on both flanks.

If he leaves, then at least at 35m and we'll have to add a LB to our transfer targets list.

arthurka

We have to pay way over the odds.. So if other big clubs like to buy a EL champion they need to put up. 25-30 mills or buy someone else..

RedCurry

We're not a thrift shop. At that price, might as well keep him. He's a decent squad option who can provide cover on both sides.

Bwuk

20m euros is what, 17/18m in £?

That's a fair price. Add to that and buy Mendy!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Hang on folks. Juve want him. The second best team in Europe believes that he will improve them.

How on earth does he go for peanuts. He's just been part of a stingy defence, is under contract, won 2 cups last year.

He's worth a fortune.

stevoc

We're not a thrift shop. At that price, might as well keep him. He's a decent squad option who can provide cover on both sides.
I think you guys overestimate the amount of teams who will be interested in him, we bought him for £12m, he's 28 in a few months and has been largely awful in his two years in England.

So to turn a profit on a now older player who's stock has significantly fallen and use that money to upgrade on him which lets be honest won't be hard, would be great business in my opinion.

To be honest i'm surprised the fees being rumoured for him are so high.

NYAS

Why would we sell him? And because Juve are interested, why does that mean "he could be off"? Weird.

haram

I think you guys overestimate the amount of teams who will be interested in him, we bought him for £12m, he's 28 in a few months and has been largely awful in his two years in England.

So to turn a profit on a now older player who's stock has significantly fallen and use that money to upgrade on him which lets be honest won't be hard, would be great business in my opinion.

We don't need to sell. Juve need a fullback. He ended the season well. He is regular in the Italian squad. He has proven himself in Serie A. We'd be morons to accept £12 million in the current climate, period.

We have to pay way over the odds.. So if other big clubs like to buy a EL champion they need to put up. 25-30 mills or buy someone else..
Exactly. We hold the cards here. We have to set some sort of precedent.

AndyJ1985

Why would we keep a player we don't want? We can't hoard players for the hell of it.

stevoc

We don't need to sell. Juve need a fullback. He ended the season well. He is regular in the Italian squad. He has proven himself in Serie A. We'd be morons to accept £12 million in the current climate, period.
Well rumour is he wants to leave for first team football with the World Cup next year, it's also possible Mourinho wants to upgrade on him so recouping what we paid for him or making a profit seems fair enough.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In this transfer market its €30m or do one, that would be roughly £24m yeah? So we double what we paid 2 years ago

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I haven't seen a single reputable article regarding this.
We would go for De Sciglio after Milan gets Conti.

meninred

I know he is not rated highly here but
I thought he played well in the europa league final and would be a descent backup player. Besides he is an italian international. With the addition of linderhoff who can also play as right back maybe mourinho is considerinhng his options.

Mainoldo

He would do well for Juve. Jorde Alba will cost us around €50m to replace him, so anything under €30m is a no go.

ti vu

But Darmian was from Torino & he "feck Juve" when he joined us. If we're to sell him to Juve, mustn't ask for rival tax?

davidmichael

To be fair he's a solid yet inspectacular full back, awful going forward but solid defensively unless against pace as he serious lacks pace. Awful touch and passing is average at best so if we're able to get anything above £15 million for him after his stock falling so badly then turning a profit is great and it can go towards someone of genuine quality.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Give him a £70 mill price tag after them charging us so much to bring our own player back.
£30 mill cut for the agent.

dannofdawn

He's bang average. Rubbish going forward, looks like a liability against any winger with pace. He's got the Italian craft in getting a free though, too slow for this league.
You say he is bang average yet we're entertaining the thought that Juventus, you know the club that played in 2 UCL finals in 3 years is interested in a 27 years old player? When their right backs are over 30s, clearly they see what he can bring to the team and he's not going to be back up for them. So why should be undervalue him?

So I think it's ridiculous that we'll even consider sub 20m is enough to let him go for. Not to mention we ourselves have no backup to Valencia, and Darmian also played left back for us because our left backs were injured. Why would we think of selling a player that can play both flanks when we already lack security in those positions? The deal has to be good FOR US. Unless we go out and buy 1 left back and 1 right back this summer, no way Darmian should go. And if he must, we could push to 25 - 30m all clause included to Juventus simply because they have an aging squad, and most likely looking for a player that can play 30+ games a season for the next few years.

KN5

Well if we don't get atleast 20m GBP then they can get lost, we could use him and as you saw towards the end of last season he did some good work. We're united, we're the richest there is, we don't need to sell for profit or even worry about a few M profit off someone we could legitimately use for the next couple of years. His versatility alone is enough for us to keep him.

mayonnaise

Very capable, can play left back or right back even centre back if need be, puts in 100% effort. Still fairly young at 27 we shouldn't be selling a player like that unless a club offer us ridiculous fee. He was immense at Stockholm, I know he's had some poor games but it's hard to judge without a consistent run in the back four.