Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mullock in his piece states that City are also interested but sources in Holland say that United are now in pole position to sign De Ligt. Raiola is asking for £12m for a fixers fee and £350k a week in wages for the player.

Daley Blind has also urged him to join United says Mullock.

Hulksmash

350k week it's either

1) Riola to get more wages from Barcelona
2) Woodward has gone insane. 350k for a 19 years old, where is this heading?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moiraine

From Page 81 to Page 104 ...
It really escalated. Imagine when there is some kind of confirmation from "Top Tier" sources...

Infra-red

Mullock in his piece states that City are also interested but sources in Holland say that United are now in pole position to sign De Ligt. Raiola is asking for £12m for a fixers fee and £350k a week in wages for the player.

Daley Blind has also urged him to join United says Mullock.
To think we missed out on Hazard because we baulked at his agent's demand of £6m.

Times have certainly changed.

NJM78

I hope one of his demands if signing is that he refuses to play with Ashley Young.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Make of this what you will.

My fiance's cousins husbands brother is a branch manager of a Burger King in the Lowry outlet in Manchester. He confirmed that a "Mr. L Shaw" has booked the store for the day to invite a new overweight colleague of his arriving from Amsterdam.

Macern

Pee pee pants
He's following Tahith Chong on Instagram now.
He was following Millen Baars, Pogba, TFM, Lukaku when I checked yesterday.

I checked again earlier because I'm a transfer muppet and he's following Chongy..

The signs are everwhere..:drool:
:lol: That’s incredible. I actually believe he could be intentionally dropping hints. Pogba posted this on instagram shortly before signing:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Best odds are now evens for Barca vs 6/4 for United. No one else is shorter than 10/1.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Seen this on blue moon. Bertie from Bristol who’s an ex Chelsea fan somehow knows a Utrecht fan all of a sudden.
"Got a mate who's a Utrecht fan, who obviously watches a lot of Eredivisie, he' Dutch and goes to the games. I asked him about De Jong and De Ligt, his opinion is that De Jong will be a superstar, but he was very meh about De ligt, doesn't think he's anything special.

Only his opinions of course but he's probably seen more of these 2 players than anyone on BM."

But still managed to be voted Dutch player of the season?

Sad bunch of winkers.;)

Infra-red

Ok, aside from the transfer wankfest that’s going on in here...

As a footballer, how good actually is he? I’ve been impressed in CL, but a 19 year old centre back is always gonna have flaws
He is very well rounded. Excellent on the ball and strong in the air and already exhibiting natural leadership qualities that belie his age.

He and Blind were completely bullied by Llorente in the second leg of the CL semi final, though - they simply could not handle Spurs' long balls up field. Might be something he'd encounter quite often in the Premier League.

I don't think for a moment that he's coming to United, though - Barca and Raiola will compromise on the agent fees and it will all be over.

Macern

Pee pee pants

As a footballer, how good actually is he? I’ve been impressed in CL, but a 19 year old centre back is always gonna have flaws
One of the top 10 center backs in the world for sure, probably one of the top 5 (just based on watching him in the CL though, and speaking to a friend of mine who is an Ajax supporter). Is he the best 19 year old center back ever? Probably.

DownRiver

If this deal goes through and he does get a minimum of 250k per week, what is this going to do to our wage structure? Everyone will be demanding as much or even more. I am sure Rashford, Pogba and De Gea will want just as much. This doesn't include an new players that we may get. This is tricky business which Woodward needs to get a control of. He needs to get rid of Sanchez asap to have a chance of retaining balance.

NJM78

I am feeling the same, yes this would be great if we can get him (which I personally do not believe will happen) but surely he is only one of about five top class additions we would need. Feel the pressure on his shoulders would be huge if he is our only big signing. As good as he is he can't work miracles and will surely still have a mistake or two in him at his age.

Hoof the ball

Wait, wait. The Reddit guy said earlier today that the media this weekend would pickup the de Ligt to United story......and it’s happened!

Even the Reddit Prophets are uttering prophetic truth!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's a lot of money, will Barca deem their future success to be reliant on getting this done? We're far more desperate.

Silas

It would also send a similar signal that inbound players could negotiate massive wages out of us.
If they've also done what De Ligt's done this season maybe.

If this deal goes through and he does get a minimum of 250k per week, what is this going to do to our wage structure? Everyone will be demanding as much or even more. I am sure Rashford, Pogba and De Gea will want just as much. This doesn't include an new players that we may get. This is tricky business which Woodward needs to get a control of. He needs to get rid of Sanchez asap to have a chance of retaining balance.
Pogba and De Gea would be on more anyway. Doesn't change things there. No other player has any real argument to get that much.

Art

Art the artist

He is at 19 as a defender what Wazza was at 18 as a forward. Way too strong and mature for his age.

EDIT : And at 70mill, we can't pass it up.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If they've also done what De Ligt's done this season maybe.

Pogba and De Gea would be on more anyway. Doesn't change things there. No other player has any real argument to get that much.
And he would immediately be at least the third best player.

Macern

Pee pee pants
No, I even find it obvious.
So you don’t rate VVD as the best center back in the world then, how highly do you rate him? I’m pretty sure most people view him as the best in the world. Strange opinion to be honest, he’s had an excellent season. I don’t think he has been dribbled past once. Been crucial in taking Pool to the CL final. Not only defensively, but that assist he had to Mane vs Bayern was something else.

Skills

Snitch
Currently Van Dijk is better but, in a year two it will probably be De Ligt.
No way to tell. Van Djik is playing about as good as anyone I've seen in recent years. It's going to take a big decline for him to be overtaken.

Motorman

He seems to have that Duncan Edwarss feel about him.

Maybe its his stature and age and how promising his potential is.

He could be the man that Duncan Edwards would have been and lead us to glory again.

Status
Not open for further replies.