Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

Reddit update from the ITK is that Barca tried to jump in after their loss today, can't compete and that the deal with us is done. Expected announcement anywhere between tomorrow morning and 48 hours.

How can we possibly go to sleep.
I mean I’m firmly in the It’s ON category but there’s no chance this gets done in 48 hours.

Gasolin

Why are we so that pessimistic? It’s like us being employed in a very good small and medium business that has some international presence. A first big company with good brand comes in with an offer. Another big competitor, who has lost market shares, is eager to get them back so proposes a much bigger offer while they can’t propose all the same international presence as of now, but they have a plan and all. Why wouldn’t we think about it? Its not like that big company will never ever get back to the top, they are designed to be big.

So just take the money, do your best to put them back where they belong, and see how it goes.

WPMUFC

So just some clarification on the "Reddit ITK" hype merchants.

/r/reddevils has a few "ITKs" that have gathered a decent track record. Some of these guys have nailed transfers and corporate sponsorship announcements months-to-weeks before they were announced. Essentially, overnight these "ITKs" heard the club got an offer accepted by Ajax and we have the better personal terms because of Barca's tighter wage structure. As a result of this, 2 other "ITKs" said that the club is briefing certain groups as are the Barca side. That was when Romero's tweet came out. This has thrown the muppets into overdrive.

One of the ITK's has said that it's so far advanced that the club is trying to tie the marketing with De Ligt and the No.5 and also Rio Ferdinand having a bigger role in the club. Essentially the "marketing" for the potential signing is De Ligt is the new Rio, we are passing the number down. blah blah blah.

The more "muppet" side of this whole thing is that De Ligt has started to like Rio's Instagram posts. But that means absolutely nothing.

There is nothing concrete to say it's 100% confirmed, Riaola is an awful human being so this could all be a play to make Barca hurry up and unload dead-wood to fund the personal terms and De Ligt has no real interest in joining us.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Drewing12. The one that took the Tier Challenge..looks like there's a third edit saying not sure on exact time of announcement but that he's doubled down on the deal being done.
There’s no chance he’s getting announced tomorrow, which by the way is a sunday. Have we ever made an announcement on a sunday? If he’s announced tomorrow I’ll ask to be demoted to the newbs until the transfer window is over.

Gasolin

Everyone bangs about the money but I also work in a company and if they tell me we value you but we won’t raise your package, I'd understand that as not being valued properly. So why stay there? If you wish to be valued more, just find the right people.

Of course money is not everything but in the early stage it is, once you reach a certain point, you’re more like yes I value flexibility, trust, comfort, etc... but not st the beginning.

Chairman Steve

Goddamnit I'm almost into cocks out muppet mode with this potential transfer. It really has that feel that Pogba's return did.

Sterling Archer

So just some clarification on the "Reddit ITK" hype merchants.

/r/reddevils has a few "ITKs" that have gathered a decent track record. Some of these guys have nailed transfers and corporate sponsorship announcements months-to-weeks before they were announced. Essentially, overnight these "ITKs" heard the club got an offer accepted by Ajax and we have the better personal terms because of Barca's tighter wage structure. As a result of this, 2 other "ITKs" said that the club is briefing certain groups as are the Barca side. That was when Romero's tweet came out. This has thrown the muppets into overdrive.

One of the ITK's has said that it's so far advanced that the club is trying to tie the marketing with De Ligt and the No.5 and also Rio Ferdinand having a bigger role in the club. Essentially the "marketing" for the potential signing is De Ligt is the new Rio, we are passing the number down. blah blah blah.

The more "muppet" side of this whole thing is that De Ligt has started to like Rio's Instagram posts. But that means absolutely nothing.

There is nothing concrete to say it's 100% confirmed
, Riaola is an awful human being so this could all be a play to make Barca hurry up and unload dead-wood to fund the personal terms and De Ligt has no real interest in joining us.
It's like water has ligt been made to wine right in front of my eyes, only for you to say that God doesn't exist. Too late, I'm a believer and my faith in this transfer has never been stronger!

Art Vandelay

Goddamnit I'm almost into cocks out muppet mode with this potential transfer. It really has that feel that Pogba's return did.
Same here. It's at the point where the disappointment will be crushing if it doesn't happen. Despite the fact this all just clearly wild muppeteering.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Everyone bangs about the money but I also work in a company and if they tell me we value you but we won’t raise your package, I'd understand that as not being valued properly. So why stay there? If you wish to be valued more, just find the right people.

Of course money is not everything but in the early stage it is, once you reach a certain point, you’re more like yes I value flexibility, trust, comfort, etc... but not st the beginning.
I don't think Barca have offered half of what we are offering. The numbers will be maybe 20% less or something.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This guy has been on twitter since when I was still in high school and wore socks with uneven height and I don't think He knows about transfers (just like any other twitter ITKs who's not a blue tick wanker). He also went melodramatic when his saviour Pep's Barca lost to Madrid in Copa Del Rey. He's a massive Barca fan of course He always tweets stuffs in their favor.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I’m bothered with the lack of tweets from the England based journos. I can’t remember us signing someone before without these journalists tweeting about it.

If people like Stone, Winter and Di Marzio start talking about it then I think we can hope for something to happen within a few days. As of right now there’s nothing. No need to get the hopes up for anything official within the next days as of yet.

WPMUFC

It's like water has ligt been made to wine right in front of my eyes, only for you to say that God doesn't exist. Too late, I'm a believer and my faith in this transfer has never been stronger!
The Tier 1 Barca guy making that tweet after the ITK's made their comments is very interesting. However Raiola is the unknown factor. We all know he'd sell his mother for a bigger agent fee. De Ligt could end up anywhere.

The positive for us is that Woodward has chequebook fever, Barca are in a worse position from a wage perspective.

Macern

Pee pee pants
The Tier 1 Barca guy making that tweet after the ITK's made their comments is very interesting. However Raiola is the unknown factor. We all know he'd sell his mother for a bigger agent fee. De Ligt could end up anywhere.

The positive for us is that Woodward has chequebook fever, Barca are in a worse position from a wage perspective.
Judging by the transfers over the past couple of years Woody and Raiola have a good relationship.

RedTiger

Half mast
From another source on reddit:

Good evening all.

Unlike the last few days I come with finally some exciting news. I have spoken with my source (who leaked Daniel James info to me early in the process + Lee Grant last year). Although the marketing department hasnt any form of communication from above (you wouldnt expect this yet anyway), she has spoken with someone else internally at MUFC (Department will remain anon. as I dont actually know this person personally).

Take this for what you want but the notes I have from my source are -

• A record breaking MUFC transfer fee has been agreed with Ajax. This will be filter to wider press over this weekend. • This isnt the biggest part of the puzzle though - Raiola is (im sure we all know that anyway). • A UNITED player heading to Ajax is being explored as part of the deal - her internal source would not name anyone though (who knows what that means). • Barca's wage structure will not allow for a competitive offer Vs United's current one on the table.

So with this information, doesnt seem to be a possibility of repeat situation like De Jong > PSG > Barca.

https: // www.reddit.com/ r/reddevils/ comments/bssciz/comment/eorn8f9
That's gotta be fosu mensa

WPMUFC

I’m bothered with the lack of tweets from the England based journos. I can’t remember us signing someone before without these journalists tweeting about it.

If people like Stone, Winter and Di Marzio start talking about it then I think we can hope for something to happen within a few days. As of right now there’s nothing. No need to get the hopes up for anything official within the next days as of yet.
Simon Stone would be briefed by now if we had no chance. He's been used by the club before to shut down transfers that are 100% not happening. So i take his current silence to mean the club is at least "in the hunt"

Outside that, Simon/BBC won't tweet until we've secured the signing. At most we'd get one simon tweet saying there is noise about him joining MUFC, then BBC will do the BREAKING NEWS headline.

I don't trust Di Marzio fully outside Italy news. Outside Italy, I need Di Marzio and a local reporter to feel more confident. However if we got Di Marzio to confirm interest now, especially with the barca journo's report. MUPPET MODE ENGAGED!!!

Adnan

Talent Spotter

You shouldn't be concerned with a lack of news from the English based journos just yet. We've signed quite afew players in recent years with our Journos completely oblivious to the goings on.

I suspect, now Simon Mullock who is considered tier 1 for City news (according to to well known City accounts on Twitter) the rest will follow suit.

SaintMuppet

I mean I’m firmly in the It’s ON category but there’s no chance this gets done in 48 hours.
Well actually there is, it just won’t get announced so quickly.

I am trying not to get drawn in, sent as I have been by the Muppet gods to prevent you all throwing yourself out of fifth floor windows should this not happen.

Prepare yourselves though,the end is nigh

blackmoon

Supports
Ajax
Ajax fan here (and probably first and last post here) and with direct sources to Mino's family pizzeria in Haarlem, The Netherlands

Your deal is done, congrats. 80m euro's + bonus. What really caused de Ligt camp to be "upset" is that Frenkie is being paid 16m euro's by Barca (50% of which Nike is paying) and that de Ligt was getting WAY less then Frenkie (as Nike wasn't paying de Ligt).

Overmars is btw working on getting Chong & TFM but thats besides the point.

Good luck.

best,
S.

Last edited:

klayton88

He shows more leadership and backbone at 19 years old than anybody in our squad.

hobbers

Can't help getting a teeny bit excited now....

Meunier - Lindelof - De Ligt - Shaw....

Dare I dream?

hobbers

De Ligt's partner at Ajax is some guy named Daily Blynd. I think we should think about trying to sign him too.
I wonder if Ajax are interested in a 1 for 3 deal. Jones, Rojo and Darmian for Blind? Pretty good dealio if you ask me. :nervous:

Chairman Steve

As mentioned before by numerous people, I think this would be a true statement of intent signing and players who may have been on fence with potentially joining, would potentially now have a rethink.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As mentioned before by numerous people, I think this would be a true statement of intent signing and players who may have been on fence with potentially joining, would potentially now have a rethink.
Agreed. Shades of signing a young Rio. A player who can stay with us for a decade or more.

Axkiko

One thing I am really confused was why English and Dutch media are so quiet. Usually it would be a big story when it is related to United and some big players. The media will cover every single day.

All the claims are from Spain, or Catalonia.

Status
Not open for further replies.