Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Huge talent, whoever gets him has a hell of a player. He’ll have learnt a lot more from losing tonight than he will have from winning.

His ability in the opposing box is great as well; ridiculous how many headers he wins. Does help when Trippier doesn’t mark you though.

Bwuk

Mental folk critiquing him.

19 years old captaining a Ajax side who put out Real, Juve and nearly reached the final.

Clueless. He’s the defender of this generation.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
That was a big learning curve for him. He should be extremely proud for his performances this season.

I think you put somebody like Lindleoff next to him and he will grow into a Rio Ferdinand. Unfortunately for him, if he goes to Barca, he will lose alot of his great defensive side of his game.

I think both he and Sancho are United two big name signings for the summer. The rest will be filled by up and coming but not ultra established players (including striker).

izec

Ajax would have folded earlier without him. He kept them in it at times, but sometimes football goes this way. Small margins and centimeters decided with that last shot

ti vu

There normally is one lump in most squads.
Madrid doesn't have one.

Juventus used Mandzukic in the first leg and did Okay, but not to full effect due to Ronaldo is the main man with Mandzukic to move to the side area.. They can't just change the focal point to Mandzukic on a whim. Ronaldo did his job. Juventus as a team failed on that second leg.

Classical Mechanic

Ajax would have folded earlier without him. He kept them in it at times, but sometimes football goes this way. Small margins and centimeters decided with that last shot
I’d sign him in a heartbeat. De Jong is the one that has shown some weaknesses. I read somewhere that he can get overrun too easily by strong midfielders. Didn’t see him in the second half at all. That said, put him in with better players around him and things could be different,

beingshe7don

De Ligt would rather go to Spurs than come to United. The guy has huge ambitions and United aren't going to match them.... at least not anytime sooner.

Charles Miller

I knew it. There we go again. People start watching a new player, realize the guy is human and nobody is perfect. Next step is trowing an "inconsistent" in the conversation. If we take conclusions about players game by game counting every possible mistake nobody is good enough.

SER19

Anybody think pool have a chance? Dutch international partner at the back, good football, club in a really good place. Be surprised if they didn't at least think about it

BlueHaze

Anybody think pool have a chance? Dutch international partner at the back, good football, club in a really good place. Be surprised if they didn't at least think about it
Think he would consider it but he'll end up at Barca.

SER19

Think he would consider it but he'll end up at Barca.
He does have barca written all over him. Can imagine being 19 and having a last chance to play with Messi. But pool look very stable at the moment with a clear direction. As shit as that is to say

BlueHaze

He does have barca written all over him. Can imagine being 19 and having a last chance to play with Messi. But pool look very stable at the moment with a clear direction. As shit as that is to say
There were articles in winter where Ajax keeper apparently said De Ligt wants to join Frenkie at Barca. I hope that is the case. Don't even want to think about him and Van Dijk partnership..

Jibbs

I think he will go to either City or Liverpool, Madrid and United have an outside chance. Don't think he is going to Barca as most people claim.

The Nani

That was a big learning curve for him. He should be extremely proud for his performances this season.

I think you put somebody like Lindleoff next to him and he will grow into a Rio Ferdinand. Unfortunately for him, if he goes to Barca, he will lose alot of his great defensive side of his game.

I think both he and Sancho are United two big name signings for the summer. The rest will be filled by up and coming but not ultra established players (including striker).
I would dance a bloody jig.

gulli_G

VDS said it could be his last game and he would either go England or spain, just hope it's us and not Liverpool/city.

nainaisson

Mental folk critiquing him.

19 years old captaining a Ajax side who put out Real, Juve and nearly reached the final.

Clueless. He’s the defender of this generation.
Yeah, but his facial contortions aren't nearly as interesting as Phil Jones'. To be honest, his face is way too boring to belong in our corps of elite defenders.

quackattack

VDS said it could be his last game and he would either go England or spain, just hope it's us and not Liverpool/city.
Why would he choose United...I bet Liverpool to be honest, which means even more salt in the wound, but we might as well just accept the fact that the best players don't belong here.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's certainly not as good as people want to make him out to be when compared to his peers, he struggled against Germany twice recently as well, but for a 19 year old he's very very good and you can only expect him to get better.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Van Der Sar speaking to Sky Sport italia.

Between us and Barca I'd say.

gr3yham3

Been banned from operating for three months, his clients are going no where this summer.
Isn't it for Italy only though? That's what I got from the news I read.

Anyway, it will be crazy if we really manage to land De Ligt - will lay the foundations of the young and hungry team that Ole wants.

crossy1686

career ending
Isn't it for Italy only though? That's what I got from the news I read.

Anyway, it will be crazy if we really manage to land De Ligt - will lay the foundations of the young and hungry team that Ole wants.
I think Ajax would prefer to sell to us, they'll get a lot more money and add on's if we ever win anything ever again.

I'd offer them as close to £100m as we can go, talk about future captaincy, building a team around him, £200k a week, all in.

Barcelona will be looking for a discount after signing De Jong. They love a 2 for 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.