Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloedrood

I went to watch Guangzhou Evergrande about a month ago. The crowd are great, the football, is a sight to behold
Ok, so? Still little reason to leave a superior league and club to go there unless you prioritise money over other amibitons.

Last edited:

Ziggy Starduster

I hope this lad signs for someone soon. I’ve a horrible feeling that he is going to be this summers Fabregas/Ramos type transfer: one where we get so much speculation we get so giddy we get balloons made, only for them to sign elsewhere or get a new contract.
Would love him at United but don’t see him happening for us with all the big guns sniffing around.

Hughie77

This boy is at present the best CB at his age in the world, UTD have an issue he could put some timber on? Come on training and eating correctly keeps that away.

If there's a chance he comes buy him .

NWRed

Plenty of players also choose to not play in China, depends on the player. What I know about De Ligt from his years at Ajax he won't prioritise money over his ambitions.
Although the story is clearly a plant from Raiola to force Barca into giving in to his demands, choosing the club offering more money isn't necessarily about greed, it's also a measure of how much you're wanted at the club. If Barca won't offer what other clubs will and we're prepared to do whatever it takes, it could turn his head.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This boy is at present the best CB at his age in the world, UTD have an issue he could put some timber on? Come on training and eating correctly keeps that away.

If there's a chance he comes buy him .
This narrative needs to stop. It is rumoured someone said this a few years ago. If its true, it's stupid. But no one's saying it now, just something to beat United with.

MetoTTT

I hope Barca, Real or Juve will sign him if not I can see him go to City/Liverpool.:nervous:
We have no chance to get him (hope I'm wrong though).

Zlatattack

Apparently the kid wants more money. We have money. He wants a leading role, we'll throw in the captains armband in his second season if he earns it. He'd be our first choice CB.

Or maybe the truth is his agent wants a bigger fee... Pay the greedy cnut.

AP88

Supports
Man City
At his age, he could spend 3 years at United and still go to Barcelona/Juve/Real as a young player; I’d dare say it could even boost his development. The Premier League is faster, more powerful, and he’d be under a lot more pressure - mentally and in terms of workload on the pitch - at a club that’s trying to halt the decline and establish a positive trajectory again.

Skills

Snitch
At his age, he could spend 3 years at United and still go to Barcelona/Juve/Real as a young player; I’d dare say it could even boost his development. The Premier League is faster, more powerful, and he’d be under a lot more pressure - mentally and in terms of workload on the pitch - at a club that’s trying to halt the decline and establish a positive trajectory again.
In recent years it's a poor move to come to United. Your stock as a player falls quite significantly once you've worn the Manchester United shirt. See Pogba.

Kapardin

Trouble is, Raiola has made him quite swollen-headed. That telegraph article was 100% a Raiola leak to threaten Barca. De Ligt probably sees himself worthy of being Barca's leader at the moment, let alone ours.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
“The idea of being the poster boy of United’s rebuild appeals to him” complete nonsense.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He is a bit overzealous with his whole public persona. It's a bit silly to push such young people so much.

Chairman Steve

I don’t think a competition necessarily determines whether a team can get the best people in.

I mean Klopp went to a Liverpool team who were in the Europa League when he could have gone to a Champions League club. Ronaldinho went to UEFA Cup Barcelona over Champions League Man Utd. Zlatan and Pogba joined a Europa League team in the same summer...

Champagne Football

Wherever he goes, after 2 seasons he will demand north of £400,000 a week, with Raiola his bulldog negotiator snapping at board members, otherwise he'll split.

Anyways getting 2 good seasons out of him would be worth it.

quackattack

When in doubt look at our current CB's (bar Lindelöf). I'm sure we could fit him in our team;)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Who knows what will happen. I do know that nobody would think it absurd that he would go to Real Madrid if they were in the same position as us. Our fans, or at least Redcafe posters have always seen us as a far uglier chick than we are. There’s a massive complex on here. I reckon even if City or Chelsea we’re in this position, people would be far less quick to dismiss it.

But we’re ‘only’ Manchester United I guess!

2E_MUFC

Along with Sancho the pair of them are he 2 dream signings this summer. I still have a funny feeling De Ligt will end up at Liverpool

redtony

Honestly, he's probably the best player and value for money on the market right now. United are nowhere near the most attractive club in the world to play for either. I would genuinely be suspicious if he decided he wanted to play for us.

Cal?

CR7 fan
If Barca had the money, there is 0% chance of signing him. However, I doubt they can afford him, De Jong and Griezmann. Still think he'll go elsewhere but maybe not 0%. If Liverpool come in for him, we're fecked. How depressing is that?
Since when can Liverpool pay more?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Along with Sancho the pair of them are he 2 dream signings this summer. I still have a funny feeling De Ligt will end up at Liverpool
Barca seems a legit destination. When was the last time Liverpool signed someone the whole world wanted?

croadyman

Would love to think this could be a possibility but fear we are way down the list of potential destinations

minh_loc_xoay

Who knows what will happen. I do know that nobody would think it absurd that he would go to Real Madrid if they were in the same position as us. Our fans, or at least Redcafe posters have always seen us as a far uglier chick than we are. There’s a massive complex on here. I reckon even if City or Chelsea we’re in this position, people would be far less quick to dismiss it.

But we’re ‘only’ Manchester United I guess!
At least there's a silver lining if he comes to Barca. I'd rather he chooses Barcelona than coming to Liverpool and forming a rock solid partnership with VVD as the Dutch national defense. Liverpool's defense would be so strong that they may become the first Champion in the League with 38 clean sheets. That thought scares me way more than him rejecting us to come to Barcelona. :nervous:

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7

Ed should be all over this. He lives for moments like this, just to be able to shell out money and say he’s got a great marketable player...except this time the player will actually be of proper quality :p

Please choose us! We’ll make you the face of the club and give you the captaincy !! :D

Bojan11

Rather go big for him than Koulibaly. If he performs then we will keep him and Raiola happy for years. So people shouldn’t be worried about what happens in two years time.

Pogba if he was performing we would have given him a longer contract right now and given his fat agent a fee for him signing a new contract.

AgentP

Guys, don't set yourselves up for disappointment. He's just trying to get a better deal at Barca. It's not even confirmed if we have made a bid or not.

In Rainbows

Rather go big for him than Koulibaly. If he performs then we will keep him and Raiola happy for years. So people shouldn’t be worried about what happens in two years time.

Pogba if he was performing we would have given him a longer contract right now and given his fat agent a fee for him signing a new contract.
Plus we get a good amount of money if we do sell.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Guys, don't set yourselves up for disappointment. He's just trying to get a better deal at Barca. It's not even confirmed if we have made a bid or not.
Think of this is as the Alexis scenario 2.0

We were never front runners but will end up hijacking the player as traction slowly builds. Ed will redeem himself ! :wenger:

AgentP

Think of this is as the Alexis scenario 2.0

We were never front runners but will end up hijacking the player as traction slowly builds. Ed will redeem himself ! :wenger:
The only hope I have is that his agent is Mino Raiola. We have been lining his pocket since the last 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.