Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nani

No joke - I think the caf servers banned me due to the amount of moderation I was doing. Selected like 50 posts, went to this thread, refreshed, selected some more and the site just stalled. Tried refreshing and ended up with a white screen. Currently logged in on an incognito mode as that is the only way the caf is letting me on right now...

Pissed off though because I was going through that twitter thread for like the last 10 mins selecting posts and now they're all gone from my mod queue so I've got to start that again.
:lol: That sucks for you but the pure lunacy of it all is hilarious.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
If this actually happens, do I get a commission for restarting United's interest and faith in bringing him in a month ago?

if i were running United, my first move would be to throw 150m at Ajax for De Ligt. I'm weirdly confident he'd be open to the move.

despite his young age, De Ligt would not only bring his world class quality as a centreback but also a 'power'/grit that United seem to be missing entirely in this squad
nope :lol: that's literally just Catalan press working overtime for keep Barca to keep potential competitors away.

De Ligt isn't even a fan of Barca nor Spanish football. He's said before that he doesn't even watch La Liga (when De Jong said he preferred La Liga over the Prem), and that English football has the best football culture/'atmosphere' in his eyes.

Also this interview from a couple years ago:

De Ligt's English was, he says, pretty bad before he joined the first team. But by speaking it and particularly by reading English books, it's made substantial improvements. "I prefer those to Dutch books because they contain far more beautiful expressions and phrases." He particularly enjoys football autobiographies and has read several. "From Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and John Terry to Bobby Moore. When I read them, I just feel football. When they talk about "Reading the game" or a "towering defender". Doesn't that sound far better in English? Stunning!/
And the Sports chief of De Telegraaf saying the other day that apparently he/his entourage is surprised no English club has come knocking

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Can't believe people on Twitter still think that 'DiegoMSport' is a real person. He's a brazen fella, whoever he is. He stole the photo off Instagram and the person whose photo it is confronted him about it, and he still hasn't taken it down or changed it. No shits given. And people keep lapping up his shite like he's legit. He's just a United fan who throws enough shit at the wall that something will eventually stick.

Sir Scott McToMinay

There are very few ITK’s.
Real ITK’s don’t usually share their information on a mass populated app or site across the oceans of the internets.
I don’t know why people thought this De Ligt thing was done and dusted and now it’s dusted, what happened? Are you people on drugs? Dear people have you completely lost your minds?

settembrini

This is the result of one of the worst seasons we've had. Latching onto any news for a bit of transfer excitement, as low as reddit ITK's :lol:

If I remember correctly this happened last year from a Reddit user who apparently was ITK that ended up getting it wrong, can't remember the exact details.
That was a reddit user called United_This or something who said Griezmann had agreed to join United. He was pretty convincing because he knew about the Kohler sponsorship deal before it happened and didn't make multiple claims or change his story at all but when Griezmann stayed at Athletico he got a ton of abuse and deleted his account. I don't think he was a bullshitter, just someone who happened to receive a bad bit of info and naively believed it.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
So Spoofex also got the Ole loves Rojo thing right. :smirk: I don't want to get sucked into this but. :(

SirAF

Ageist
Real ITK’s don’t usually share their information on a mass populated app or site across the oceans of the internets.
I don’t know why people thought this De Ligt thing was done and dusted and now it’s dusted, what happened? Are you people on drugs? Dear people have you completely lost your minds?

:lol:

binary bot
Just read a tweet saying its on from @dimarzioagentITKtransfersdonedealiomigueldelanio

Is this guy trustworthy?

ArjenIsM3

That was a reddit user called United_This or something who said Griezmann had agreed to join United. He was pretty convincing because he knew about the Kohler sponsorship deal before it happened and didn't make multiple claims or change his story at all but when Griezmann stayed at Athletico he got a ton of abuse and deleted his account. I don't think he was a bullshitter, just someone who happened to receive a bad bit of info and naively believed it.
He still could be right too, just a year later

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If this actually happens, do I get a commission for restarting United's interest and faith in bringing him in a month ago?
Tbf, that interview you brought again just now is more relevant than all this mess going on in last 10 pages.

Will send you de Ligt United shirt if the deal goes through.

The Nani

De Ligt is obviously coming.

It’s just a question of who breaks the news first.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
What are you on about? It's a done deal bro.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This is all part of the fun. Let the muppets speculate their tits off. It’s silly season!

Status
Not open for further replies.