Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They won't be buying an 80m defender without slapping him on at least a 5 year deal. Probably a 6 year.
So, he'll be 24 and free to leave, he's a defender and usually would still not even be in his peak with 10 years of top-level career ahead of him. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me with the money he'd be making until then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So, he'll be 24 and free to leave, he's a defender and usually would still not even be in his peak with 10 years of top-level career ahead of him. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me with the money he'd be making until then.
IF the move goes well and he fulfils his potential.
Many players don't.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
IF the move goes well and he fulfils his potential.
Many players don't.
True, he is only 19 after all and could completely crumble but he doesn't give me that vibe, I think he is going to become a great player no matter where he goes. Players like Veratti have been at PSG for a long time now and still are wanted every year by the biggest clubs, I think the bests will always be in demand no matter where they ply their trade.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
True, he is only 19 after all and could completely crumble but he doesn't give me that vibe, I think he is going to become a great player no matter where he goes. Players like Veratti have been at PSG for a long time now and still are wanted every year by the biggest clubs, I think the bests will always be in demand no matter where they ply their trade.
Yep, this guy does seem the real deal. Already being a regular at 17, I remember watching that Europa final v us 2 years ago thinking, why is no one looking at him, when all the emphasis was on Sanchez next to him.

aTimeRemnant

This probably means nothing at all, but Rashford has liked De Ligt's latest Instagram post and he doesn't follow him either.
Might aswell get De Ligt printed on your new shirt now:drool:

Le Red

You have clearly not supported United nearly long enough :)
Yeah but I'm only 31 :D
Been supporting MU since I was 11, so that's 20 years go. That's kind of rare here in Brazil because the Premier League wasn't a thing around here back then.
I was really lucky to have that UCL as my first title as a MU fan. How not to fall in love?
But let's not make this thread about me right? :lol:

Le Red

Let's see:
  1. Better squad
  2. Trophies
  3. Champions league
  4. Paris
  5. Nice weather
  6. More money
Apart from these we have MUCH more to offer.
2: Meaningless trophies.
5: I don't think the weather in Paris is anything remarkable. This rhetoric that everywhere is paradise while Manchester is unlivable is getting really old.
6: How did you came up with it? MUFC pays huge salaries.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
The fact that none of you can see he's already signed for us, and we're just waiting for these Holland games to finish before we announce him, is incredible.

USREDEVIL

The fact that none of you can see he's already signed for us, and we're just waiting for these Holland games to finish before we announce him, is incredible.
Can't believe i couldn't see it. Having a word with myself right this moment, one sec...almost done.

Ralph1386

Why are we supposed to be so sure he signed for us?

fergiesarmy1

I wouldn’t sign for us and I’m a united fan - either your fishing or delusional

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Sounds like Barca is the one and they’re trying to use other clubs to squeeze up the contract offer. First us until we briefed that we’re not in fir him and now PSG.

fergiesarmy1

We are not so shit that some of you guys think. Also, how should we ever manage to rebuild if no one would join us?
It’s called cutting your cloth to suit your situation, we can’t sign players in front of Barcelona unless we do a Sanchez. Do you recommend we carry on with that strategy?

dove

We are not so shit that some of you guys think. Also, how should we ever manage to rebuild if no one would join us?
Let's just say we are not the most attractive destination right now. There are at least 5-6 teams you would be much better off joining. If I was a footballer and got an offer from United I would probably stay away from us, even though I am a fan. Sad reality.

fergiesarmy1

If I had a chance to sign for Manchester United I’d run to England and swim the channel. You must be a different kind of cupcake.
If Barca, Madrid, juve and city were knocking at the same time while we are all over the place? You only get one career

Ps I’ve dreamed of playing for united all my life even when over the hill but even them dreams have stopped :nervous:

Acquire Me

It’s called cutting your cloth to suit your situation, we can’t sign players in front of Barcelona unless we do a Sanchez. Do you recommend we carry on with that strategy?
Sanchez was a bad deal. But we should compete for the best talents around. I have no doubt about that. We should not settle for less. If we do, we will become less. This is my opinion though.

USREDEVIL

If Barca, Madrid, juve and city were knocking at the same time while we are all over the place? You only get one career

Ps I’ve dreamed of playing for united all my life even when over the hill but even them dreams have stopped :nervous:
Hmm...have you ever played right back? If not that's fine...still have a pulse?

fergiesarmy1

Sanchez was a bad deal. But we should compete for the best talents around. I have no doubt about that. We should not settle for less. If we do, we will become less. This is my opinion though.
Absolutely

However the position we are now in through our own failures mean we can’t attract the best while playing in the europeless league without going double bubble on salary packages and that is the road to ruin which we already on.

It’s time to realise the worlds biggest club is only in that in a financial view, for a football club we are 2nd tier now.

Un4givableB

If I had a chance to sign for Manchester United I’d run to England and swim the channel. You must be a different kind of cupcake.
Yes so would l but we are fans, not professional footballers if l were a professional footballer with a choice of the best clubs, with all things more or less equal l would pick Utd.

But Utd is a complete basket case of a football club, we are hardly professional, run by people who seem clueless about football who have appointed a semi-professional manager.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
2: Meaningless trophies.
5: I don't think the weather in Paris is anything remarkable. This rhetoric that everywhere is paradise while Manchester is unlivable is getting really old.
6: How did you came up with it? MUFC pays huge salaries.
I never said "meaningful" trophies. I said trophies. As for the weather - Paris is consistently 5 degrees warmer than Manchester! Jeez. Maybe "this rhetoric" is getting old because - I don't know - it's true?!
As for the "more money" bit, I'm basing this on assumption. I read in a random, questionable report that PSG wants to offer him £240 000 p/w. I went on to assume that we wouldn't pay that much. I could easily be wrong here.

My point stands - to say that PSG can ONLY offer a better squad is just blinkeRED.

Last edited:

Suv666

He's signing for Barca. Raiola first dragged us into it to force Barca to pay up, we saw there was no deal to be made and leaked to the English media that we are not in for him. So Raiola has now dragged PSG into it. Just wants more cash from Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.