Matthijs De Ligt

Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Personally I wouldn’t join either English club and I’d stay well away from Bayern as well who are slipping from where they were.
No idea why you think Bayern are declining. We signed Mané, plus Gravenberch and Mazraoui and if we really get de Ligt and Laimer by selling Pavard and one of Lewandowski and Gnabry, I see us only stronger. Especially regarding to squad depth.
Nagelsmann settled in, and I also expect Upamecano should do the next step.

The temptation to play under Ten Hag who knows how to deploy him is real
Yes he had his best performances under ETH in a young, exciting Ajax side 3 to 4 years ago.
However, I'm not convinced ETH will be able to replicate the style of football this Ajax team played with the players he got at United. And it's the premier league, not the Dutch league.

cyberman

No idea why you think Bayern are declining. We signed Mané, plus Gravenberch and Mazraoui and if we really get de Ligt and Laimer by selling Pavard and one of Lewandowski and Gnabry, I see us only stronger. Especially regarding to squad depth.

Yes he had his best performances under ETH in a young, exciting Ajax side 3 to 4 years ago.
However, I'm not convinced ETH will be able to replicate the style of football this Ajax team played with the players he got at United. And it's the premier league, not the Dutch league.
I watched Ajax got to Juve and Madrid and completely outplay them and those two sides sides didn’t play in Holland? Even last season they were an attacking machine outside of the Dutch league.
You may want to rewatch highlights of your performances last season buddy, standards have drastically slipped in Munich. 3 of those players you quoted haven’t played for you yet and you aren’t even favourites for De Ligt. You’re not automatically better because you signed somebody, we have to see your team play first. The drop in output alone from Lewa to Mane will be shocking for your club.

Bwuk

I'd be all over this - even if we go for Martinez.

De Ligt, Varane, Martinez & Maguire as the 4 CBs. Martinez can also cover LB & DM.

Sell Lindelof, Bailly, Jones, Telles, Williams to help fund it. They wouldn't be needed anymore.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea

I wouldn’t say Bayern are declining, I can see the attraction to players too. Big side that always have a shot at CL (will never dip out of it) and guaranteed to win domestic trophies. Although I can also see why some players who want more of a challenge may avoid Bayern…

From a spectator point of view Bayern winning the league 10 years in a row is just boring and will ultimately destroy the league if it continues

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Bayern has done the best market so far, in terms of price/quality. This transfer would be good for both parties, I think De Ligt will get better with a more stable environment and more proper coaching.

Abraxas

You’re about to lose a man who scored over a third of your league goals and replace him with someone who scored 1 more league goal than Vardy.
Realistically this isn't going to be a massive problem to Bayern, at least domestically. They will just score goals in different ways without the all encompassing figure of Lewandowski attracting most of the chance creation. Mane could score tons for a dominant side and they've got plenty of quality.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I watched Ajax got to Juve and Madrid and completely outplay them and those two sides sides didn’t play in Holland? Even last season they were an attacking machine outside of the Dutch league.
You may want to rewatch highlights of your performances last season buddy, standards have drastically slipped in Munich. 3 of those players you quoted haven’t played for you yet and you aren’t even favourites for De Ligt. You’re not automatically better because you signed somebody, we have to see your team play first. The drop in output alone from Lewa to Mane will be shocking for your club.
Why are you so condescending?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
And they could be right. But what does “all out” mean for Bayern? What happens if Chelsea offer €80m and Bayern don’t offer near that?
I don't think Bayern will offer 80m, at least not in cash. If reports are true that we're considering selling Pavard and Juve is interested, I could imagine a deal like Pavard+40m, but we won't pay 80 in cash.

And if Chelsea offers 80 and Juve accepts it all depends on de Ligt. If he prefers Bayern but also would rather going to Chelsea than staying at Juve, he will go there, simple as that.

If Bayern offer close to Chelseas offer I can imagine Juve accepting our lower bid if de Ligt says he wants to join us though.
Salihamidzic used to play for Juve, even together with Nedved, so the relation between Bayern and Juve should be quite good.

Idxomer

Bayern will perform better without Lewandowski, especially in the CL.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
You’re about to lose a man who scored over a third of your league goals and replace him with someone who scored 1 more league goal than Vardy.
We're also about to lose a target player who wanted every ball, meaning the others will have more freedom in front of the goal. Yes, we'll likely end up with a few goals less over the season, but it'll be still loads in the end.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
The drop in output alone from Lewa to Mane will be shocking for your club.
It will take some time to replace Lewandowski. That's normal if such a influential player leaves but the team will adapt and might be even less predictable.
Often Bayern really struggled with Lewandowski didn't score.

Also if Bayern improves the defence and stops conceding tons of unnecessary goals, a few less goals won't matter much and we might be even more dominant.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I don't think Bayern will offer 80m, at least not in cash. If reports are true that we're considering selling Pavard and Juve is interested, I could imagine a deal like Pavard+40m, but we won't pay 80 in cash.

And if Chelsea offers 80 and Juve accepts it all depends on de Ligt. If he prefers Bayern but also would rather going to Chelsea than staying at Juve, he will go there, simple as that.

If Bayern offer close to Chelseas offer I can imagine Juve accepting our lower bid if de Ligt says he wants to join us though.
Salihamidzic used to play for Juve, even together with Nedved, so the relation between Bayern and Juve should be quite good.
Well, Paratici is gone and I am not sure Arrivabene likes condescending pr***s too much, so we will see.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Yeah that's was also my only plus for United.

However just out of interest does ETH indeed has such a big pull on former players?

I never heard anything similar when a club signed a new coach. E.g. all ex players of Mourinho, Ancelotti, Poch or even Klopp and Guardia suddenly were jumping at the chance to join their new clubs.

To me the importance of the relationship between ETH and his former players is being exaggerated here. It's a secondary advantage at best, like the weather or the city.
Well, Matic has been following Mourinho everywhere, if you look at this like any normal job, most people would prefer to work for a boss they already know (if they got on well).

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
We could also sell Pavard to a different club, and cough up the 80m they want. Probably the most likely scenario if the deal really is to happen.

::sonny::

De Ligt, Varane, Martinez & Maguire as the 4 CBs. Martinez can also cover LB & DM.

Sell Lindelof, Bailly, Jones, Telles, Williams to help fund it. They wouldn't be needed anymore.
Sounds good

Rolaholic

Contrast this with him basically ruling them out of any Ronaldo chase :lol:

Rolaholic

Those reasons are exactly why he'd be ideal for us.
Would swap Harry for him in a heartbeat. Unfortunately not sure we're in the race even with ETH at the helm.

Maybe with a few more outgoings and getting a decent return for CR7 we could make a competitive offer but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

All a bit of shit timing that this is the summer Juve and him decide to part ways

Guv77

Captain material, straight swap for Maguire plus Bailly.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
We could also sell Pavard to a different club, and cough up the 80m they want. Probably the most likely scenario if the deal really is to happen.
I hope not, I can already see the dumb BILD headlines about the "160m CBs"...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would swap Harry for him in a heartbeat. Unfortunately not sure we're in the race even with ETH at the helm.

Maybe with a few more outgoings and getting a decent return for CR7 we could make a competitive offer but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

All a bit of shit timing that this is the summer Juve and him decide to part ways
Yeah, not great timing. Don't think there'd be any takers for Maguire, or certainly not as a significant makeweight in any major deal. Wonder what his market value is, maybe 40m at the absolute most.

But in terms of budget management, if a major player becomes available sooner than you expect it you may have to go for it, it's not as if he's a short-term investment, and United wouldn't give him a release clause in any case. We'd likely push for a 5 year deal with a 1 year option. I'd at least like to see us going for it, as it's not maybe a straight forward choice with ourselves and Chelsea, but if Bayern come knocking maybe that's that.

Stadjer

Yeah, not great timing. Don't think there'd be any takers for Maguire, or certainly not as a significant makeweight in any major deal. Wonder what his market value is, maybe 40m at the absolute most.

But in terms of budget management, if a major player becomes available sooner than you expect it you may have to go for it, it's not as if he's a short-term investment, and United wouldn't give him a release clause in any case. We'd likely push for a 5 year deal with a 1 year option. I'd at least like to see us going for it, as it's not maybe a straight forward choice with ourselves and Chelsea, but if Bayern come knocking maybe that's that.
Im sure there would be Premier League clubs in for Harry Maguire if he was put on the transferlist. He still has the English nationality and plays for the national team. He can be usefull in certain tactics. His wages could be a problem but i dont think getting atleast 40m for him from a Premier League club will be a problem. No big non English club will touch him tough and i dont think Liverpool, City or Chelsea would take him either.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Im sure there would be Premier League clubs in for Harry Maguire if he was put on the transferlist. He still has the English nationality and plays for the national team. He can be usefull in certain tactics. His wages could be a problem but i dont think getting atleast 40m for him from a Premier League club will be a problem. No big non English club will touch him tough and i dont think Liverpool, City or Chelsea would take him either.
What are the options though, if we speculate, Villa? Do they have that kind of money? Everton seem to be in FFP hot water. Newcastle perhaps, who just bought Botman. Arsenal are going for a rather different style it seems. And Spurs have been linked with a host of very good defenders mixed with some interesting prospects.

Don't think Maguire would go to Villa, but Newcastle might be the one. And it seems they're being careful in how they spend their cash, to begin with at least.

He's under contract until '25, we'll likely see him fazed out of the starting XI as we progress to become a proper footballing side, but I could still see him staying here for the next couple of years and then maybe we'd sell him a year before his contract expires for 10m.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This Bayern journo is really adamant in pushing this De Ligt loves Bayern angle isn’t he? :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

:cool::D:drool::devil:

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

Not only that. Maguire can also play as left or right bench, preferably.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Come on Eric, do your magic.

Assuming this fecker is accurate of course.
I didn't post the below info at the time , but Matteo Morretto did report that we were following developments 3 days ago.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wonder if this is what's holding us up wrapping Martinez. Maybe we're just delaying a little to see what happens.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I didn't post the below info at the time , but Matteo Morretto did report that we were following developments 3 days ago.

Interesting, I guess our best bet would be at Bayern balking at the price as we're not really in a position to compete with them at the moment.

Wish we had a good working relationship with juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.