Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I think that is a very simplistic way of looking at it, and I cant bother to spend my time thinking like that. Would Pochettino be able to do waht Zidane did at Real Madrid? No. Would Zidane be able to do what Pochettino did at Southampton and Spurs? Probably not. Who would be a better fit at Man Utd, Zidane or Pochettino. In my opinion, probably Pochettino.

If you find nothing impressive in his CV you are as deluded as the people who think he performed some magic trick.
While I won't go so far as to call anyone deluded, I totally agree with this post. When I look at Poch's career (CV) I am very impressed. His southampton side were brilliant for their level and the amount of young players he's helped through is astounding, I'd love to see the effect Poch has on Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford and even McT and Martial to be honest could actually thrive under this guy.

Real Name

Pochettino wanting to come to United right away news is gathering pace. Either its just the media copying from each other and it all started by someone's invention or there's something in it.

Woodzy

Would be classic a United move, since the very same manager was unemployed during the previous period of 'sackable' form from our former manager.

largelyworried

So not as much as Poch then, thank you again

Is that a lot of money? As I would say it is.
Oh mate. So far you've tried to argue that
  • £400M is more than £412M
  • £80M a season is the same as £160M a season
  • Spending less than all of your rivals makes you a big spender.
Please. Keep them coming.

Real Name

Would be classic a United move, since the very same manager was unemployed during the previous period of 'sackable' form from our former manager.
Well we managed to let go of Pogba for free, sign him and he'll go for free again so anything is possible.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They'll naturally be a purple patch if and when Poch arrives but one thing I evidently remember was how it took Spurs atlteast a campaign to get going under him consistently. I remember the football at the start of his reign being fully based on worth ethic, the style itself was ugly and patchy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think that is a very simplistic way of looking at it, and I cant bother to spend my time thinking like that. Would Pochettino be able to do waht Zidane did at Real Madrid? No. Would Zidane be able to do what Pochettino did at Southampton and Spurs? Probably not. Who would be a better fit at Man Utd, Zidane or Pochettino. In my opinion, probably Pochettino.

If you find nothing impressive in his CV you are as deluded as the people who think he performed some magic trick.
I think that he did a good job but I don't find it impressive. Why would I find it impressive? I don't find Redknapp's CV impressive and it's no worse. What is simplistic is to claim that his CV is impressive without explaining yourself, he won nothing not even a cup and overall had subpar performances in Europe outside of one out of 6 seasons. He is a good coach that could give us a high floor and for that reason I'm against him, I just have doubts about our ceiling with him.

I have no issue with you preferring Pochettino to Zidane but it doesn't mean that Pochettino's CV is impressive.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I feel weird about this one.

Poch was my choice to succeed Sir Alex (after it became apparent Pep was off to Bayern), was my choice to succeed Moyes, was my choice to succeed van Gaal, was my choice to succeed José, but now I'm just not feeling as confident.

It feels like we waited too long. To me, anyway. Still, I'm not against it, and, if it does happen, that feeling of hope will return, so there's that.
White text?

cyberman

Pitch
to be fair he wasn’t competing against the big spending sides when he was on top at Spurs? Everyone of us had fallen away and he was failing v Arsenal and Leicester and he spent more than those sides.
It’s not a big enough window to judge anything from

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
My first choice is still ETH but Id be delighted with Poch, PL proven, obviously wants to be here, has been at PSG so wont be over-awed a la Moyes, will make some of our lazy shits run their asses off. Im in.

Real Name

Surely people should be excited if a manager wants the job so badly he’d leave mid season for it.
That for me is a massive massive plus.
Agreed. It could be a match in heaven. Him wanting to come is really a massive thing tbh.

Although it could be a disaster too but that's life.

largelyworried

Pitch

to be fair he wasn’t competing against the big spending sides when he was on top at Spurs? Everyone of us had fallen away and he was failing v Arsenal and Leicester and he spent more than those sides.
It’s not a big enough window to judge anything from
That was one season. Over the following 3 seasons the other teams in the top 4 were City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
£427m is more than £412, not a lot more, but definitely more and is a lot of money, which was my whole point entirely.

I don't think anyone can deny that £400m plus is a lot of money to spend, especially put in the context of where Spurs were when Poch took over (as I've said previously, one high spending window just before Poch came in due to Bale money, other than that their spending was very very small).

So again, thanks for reiterating my point, I'm leaving it here as I am now confused as to what point you are trying to make. Cheers.

Thisistheone

So (if it is Poch) to put a positive spin on it, he is a big upgrade on Ole who managed to come 2nd last season. He's got good PL experience and is hungry for the job. Willing to walk away from mega rich PSG.

It's a good move for us to bring him in now, surely?

Thisistheone

They'll naturally be a purple patch if and when Poch arrives but one thing I evidently remember was how it took Spurs atlteast a campaign to get going under him consistently. I remember the football at the start of his reign being fully based on worth ethic, the style itself was ugly and patchy.
I also remember it like this.

They did play some very good football after a while though. A brilliant attacking display at Everton around xmas time seems to stand out. Think they scored 6 with Son running riot.

largelyworried

£427m is more than £412, not a lot more, but definitely more and is a lot of money, which was my whole point entirely.
If you'd read my original post you'd have seen that the £427M includes money spent on Bergweijn after Poch had left- £27M in fact. So, no, you're wrong.

I don't think anyone can deny that £400m plus is a lot of money to spend, especially put in the context of where Spurs were when Poch took over (as I've said previously, one high spending window just before Poch came in due to Bale money, other than that their spending was very very small).
In the 10 years before Poch arrived they were the 5th biggest spenders in the league. Under Poch, they were 6th. So nope, you're dead wrong again.

So again, thanks for reiterating my point, I'm leaving it here as I am now confused as to what point you are trying to make. Cheers.
On the contrary watching you twist like this is delightful. Lets carry on.

dinostar77

Would potentially save our season if we can get Poch in before xmas. Finger crossed this actually happens.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thanks, so the consensus here was they weren't finishing in the top 4. They ended up finishing 2nd with 86 points.
Yeh you’d probably be right. Poch did an excellent job at Spurs, even if he didn’t ultimately win them anything.

Green Arrow

Poch can only come if PSG have a replacement lined up. Is that person Zidane and if so has he said that he wants to manage PSG? If not then Poch ain't coming.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
PSG are a club that like to keep scores, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they let Poch leave and then aggressively pursue Pogba in January just to get one over us. I don't mind one bit if that show pony fecks off to France but something to keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.