Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The issue is that PSG have been playing the same way without Messi and whether their star players are on the field or not. Your point could make sense if it was something that started since Messi joined or if it was something that didn't apply to Di Maria, Icardi, Kean, Sarabia or Draxler. So unless the argument is that every single player in that team aren't following instructions then we have an issue when it comes to logic.
No, you dont need every single player to he off for the team to look disjointed. Mbappe has his head in Madrid, I think he progressively gives even less of a shit as time goes on at PSG. Messi won't abide by Pochs style and while Neymars pressing looks better than we would suspect from him, its enough weight in big players to sway a dressing room.

Obviously the United links are a contribution to his recent form. Maybe one of the biggest. But PSG is just the type of club where managers cant settle. The problem is more the club than the manager.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No, you dont need every single player to he off for the team to look disjointed. Mbappe has his head in Madrid, I think he progressively gives even less of a shit as time goes on at PSG. Messi won't abide by Pochs style and while Neymars pressing looks better than we would suspect from him, its enough weight in big players to sway a dressing room.

Obviously the United links are a contribution to his recent form. Maybe one of the biggest. But PSG is just the type of club where managers cant settle. The problem is more the club than the manager.
If that’s Mbappé with his head in Madrid, sign me up.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Who told you that Mbappé has his head in Madrid? Why do you guys literally make things up?

Skills

Snitch
Who told you that Mbappé has his head in Madrid? Why do you guys literally make things up?
You are on a Manchester United forum remember :lol:

People have been "seeing things" for years that nobody else can see outside of this fanbase

JPRouve

Scout
You are on a Manchester United forum remember :lol:

People have been "seeing things" for years that nobody else can see outside of this fanbase
To be fair, I shouldn't have commented on it and just claim that Pochettino has his head in either Santa Fe, London or Manchester.

Skills

Snitch

:confused:

Every single manager bar Ancelotti (who wanted the Real Madrid job) has completed at least 2 full seasons at PSG since the takeover.

JPRouve

Scout
The current game is a typical example of PSG's problems. As long as the ball reaches the last third PSG are dangerous but the back 6 struggles to move the ball around and create space for themselves, Gueye can barely trap a ball and the defenders aren't really passers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Weeeeeeeeeelllllll :D

He just said he was unhappy about not moving last summer :wenger:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Look how defensive he gets and doesn't even have a proper answer. Compare that to Rangnick who could go on for hours if he was asked that question.

Time to move on from this bum. His brand of football is boring and isn't suited for teams with serious ambitions.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The current game is a typical example of PSG's problems. As long as the ball reaches the last third PSG are dangerous but the back 6 struggles to move the ball around and create space for themselves, Gueye can barely trap a ball and the defenders aren't really passers.
Messi needs to figure out he's not at barcelona anymore too. PSG don't need to be heliocentric, unlike the last iterations of barcelona. He's actually negatively affecting their build up(as much as he's positively affecting their attacking transition). Honestly, this really looks like a team that is still trying to figure itself out. Their certainties are that yeah, the players really are individually incredible, and Mbappé devours stars

JPRouve

Scout
Messi needs to figure out he's not at barcelona anymore too. PSG don't need to be heliocentric, unlike the last iterations of barcelona. He's actually negatively affecting their build up(as much as he's positively affecting their attacking transition). Honestly, this really looks like a team that is still trying to figure itself out. Their certainties are that yeah, the players really are individually incredible, and Mbappé devours stars
They were like that last season without Messi.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They were like that last season without Messi.
With Neymar instead? Yeah i got that impression too. They lean too much on their superstars

This was even true of Tuchel, but with him at least the defence was rock solid

fergieisold

Look how defensive he gets and doesn't even have a proper answer. Compare that to Rangnick who could go on for hours if he was asked that question.

Time to move on from this bum. His brand of football is boring and isn't suited for teams with serious ambitions.
Bit confused here. So far we have been told the club is an issue as the coach has very little influence. I can kind of understand that given the superstars upfront who maybe don’t care about working hard and are there because they were bought by the club as a status symbol.

they’re hugely clear in the league and doing well in the CL.

I guess one argument is the french league is a bunch of junk.

JPRouve

Scout
With Neymar instead? Yeah i got that impression too. They lean too much on their superstars

This was even true of Tuchel, but with him at least the defence was rock solid
The issue isn't about leaning on stars, every team with stars lean on them whether you are talking about Liverpool with Salah, Real Madrid with Ronaldo, Barcelona with Messi or United with RVP. The issue is that they don't have a clear and repeatable plan to bring the ball to these stars.
And no Tuchel issues were different, he had a worse group of players, more unbalanced and alsways needed to find new ways to move the ball and they were significantly better offensively., they created a third more opportunities and shots.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Well said.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
they’re hugely clear in the league and doing well in the CL.

I guess one argument is the french league is a bunch of junk.
Part of it is ligue1 doesn't have another great team, the other is Donnarumma, Hakimi, Marquinhos, Verratti, Wijnaldum, Messi, Di Maria, Neymar, Mbappé. It's really hard to be actually bad with those players...

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Another win for Pochettino and RBL just beat City. Pochettino continues to silence his critics despite having one of the most unbalanced, disjointed teams from a top club.

One of the main difference today is that Mbappe was finally clinical. It seems Pochettino dropping him on the weekend, gave him the kick he needed. Moreover Verratti and Wiljinaldum is fit. The midfield today will be a good basis for further success.

Too many poch haters on here, but the result Pochettino is achieving so far has shown why he is in the top three of managers in football and why it was rumored that Manchester United was desperate to sign him mid season and he keeps getting top clubs interests.

Last edited:

fergieisold

Part of it is ligue1 doesn't have another great team, the other is Donnarumma, Hakimi, Marquinhos, Verratti, Wijnaldum, Messi, Di Maria, Neymar, Mbappé. It's really hard to be actually bad with those players...
Well they’ve just won 4-1 tonight. Just struggling to get what the narrative is here. If United had neymar, mbappe and messi upfront we’d look as disjointed as we do now in my opinion

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well they’ve just won 4-1 tonight. Just struggling to get what the narrative is here. If United had neymar, mbappe and messi upfront we’d look as disjointed as we do now in my opinion
Maybe you would, but you'd have had better results. Like PSG. The issue is PSG are more disjointed than they have reason to be

JPRouve

Scout
That's not the disjointed part of the team.

Amadaeus

Don't bother with some of the Pochettino hater on here. Logic goes past them. Pogba is one of the biggest divas we have at United and many fans on here doesn't like what he offers. Imagine having three or more divas with attitude similiar or worse than pogba in your team. It will be hard to create any functional collective unit. When you hear tuchel speaking badly about mbappe and neymar, it showcase how hard they are to manage. What Pochettino is doing is remarkable and showcase his man management ability to even get result with so much divas in his team.

Anderson-son-son's Son

Another win for Pochettino and RBL just beat City. Pochettino continues to silence his critics despite having one of the most unbalanced teams from a top club.

One of the main difference today is that Mbappe was finally clinical. It seems Pochettino dropping him on the weekend, gave him the kick he needed. Moreover Verratti and Wiljinaldum is fit. The midfield today will be a good basis for further success.

Too many poch haters on here, but the result Pochettino is achieving so far has shown why he is in the top three of managers in football and why it was rumored that Manchester United was desperate to sign him mid season and he keeps getting top clubs interests.
Obvious troll logic here:

- Mbappé isn't clinical and it's down to Mbappé.
- Mbappé is clinical and it's down to Pochettino.

Teja

It doesn't mean that a player has his head somewhere else.
It's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to be at PSG - clearly wanted to leave in the summer and said publicly that he wasn't allowed to leave and was unhappy about it.

The chairman effectively threatened him by saying he's not leaving for free - at least I know how any normal person would react to that.

It's not a huge stretch of imagination from there to say an underperforming player in that situation is not giving his 100%. It's almost a cliche in football to say that, so it's not just the Caf making it up. Why do you have to be so defensive about everything french football?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It was a good first half. They let go of their intensity in the second half and the midfield started reverting back to looking clueless at times. It’s also Club Brugge but at this point I will take it, any sign of slight progress is what this club is starved for right now with Pochettino’s abysmal 11 months in charge.

JPRouve

Scout
So the front 3 aren’t involved in the team? That probably sums it up tbf.
No, the issue is that they struggle to move the ball from defense to attack, particularly without Verratti.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to be at PSG - clearly wanted to leave in the summer and said publicly that he wasn't allowed to leave and was unhappy about it.

The chairman effectively threatened him by saying he's not leaving for free - at least I know how any normal person would react to that.

It's not a huge stretch of imagination from there to say an underperforming player in that situation is not giving his 100%. It's almost a cliche in football to say that, so it's not just the Caf making it up. Why do you have to be so defensive about everything french football?
I don’t mean to jump in there, but when you say someone has their head somewhere else, it insinuates they’re dialing it in. Only Mbappé is the lead goal scorer and assist maker for the team, he’s more than doing the job. He’s playing in a completely disjointed team and his performances could be better, but he’s been far and away PSG’s best player and the main reason Pochettino is still on the bench.

Sviken

This reply kind of reminds me of those with Ole when he was questioned on the same thing. Worrying.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's not a huge stretch of imagination from there to say an underperforming player in that situation is not giving his 100%.
Who told you Mbappé is underperforming?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This reply kind of reminds me of those with Ole when he was questioned on the same thing. Worrying.
Don’t worry. We’re not going anywhere near him.

JPRouve

Scout

He isn't underperforming, he is their best performer.

Amadaeus

He isn't underperforming, he is their best performer.
He is their best performer in terms of output, but earlier on in the season Herrera, Hakimi and Gueye was their best performer and mbappe was underperforming. Even now, mbappe isn't top of goal scorer in ligue 1, so he isn't playing at the level of a £200m player. Especially when people keep saying that ligue 1 is an easy league to play in. Verratti and Marquinhos are as important. When psg played city, pep sang the praise of Verratti not mbappe. Players that scores get the most recognition but individual that see more than that stats will realize the importance players like Marquinhos and Verratti bring to this team who have been consistently good when played.

JPRouve

Scout
He is their best performer in terms of output, but earlier on in the season Herrera, Hakimi and Gueye was their best performer and mbappe was underperforming. Even now, mbappe isn't top of goal scorer in ligue 1, so he isn't playing at the level of a £200m player. Especially when people keep saying that ligue 1 is an easy league to play in. Verratti and Marquinhos are as important. When psg played city, pep sang the praise of Verratti not mbappe. Players that scores get the most recognition but individual that see more than that stats will realize the importance players like Marquinhos and Verratti bring to this team who have been consistently good when played.
I won't mention Verratti since he has missed a lot of games and Mbappé has been their best player. You see less stats when it suits particularly that one stat that you didn't mention, he isn't the top goalscorer but he is the top...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, Verratti being half their team is not new, been the case since his second season there pretty much...

KeanoMagicHat

Jesus it's tiring reading some people pick on Pochettino for the slightest things. Only here on a night where PSG win a game 4-1 in the Champions League could see Pochettino simultaneously criticised.

Status
Not open for further replies.