Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First half - done amazingly.
25mins into the second half - dreadful bottler.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You can take the man out of Tottenham, but... :(

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's given a world class squad and still crumbles against the PL's best. He's just relying on individual brilliance.

saivet

Good first half but slow again with the changes. They were clearly struggling but he did nothing.

cyberman

Poch had no answer in this second half. This half reminds me of the Old Trafford game until the red card where 1 simple ball had Rashford behind the backline every move. The lack of workrate was shocking.
Statues out there.every passing option available for every City player on the ball.

90 + 5min

I feel little bit sorry for him. Although I don't agree he is world class I think he is good manager

If they go out in Champions Legaue and if they don't win League 1 he might end up in Espanyol or some avarege team like Genoa or Cadiz.

lysglimt

Scout
He is a very good manager - he is not a great manager. What he has done at PSG so far has not in any way been better than previous managers at the club

Dr. StrangeHate

I know he has beaten Barcelona and Bayern, but the way PSG fell apart in the second half mentally is on him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Poch will get criticism for PSG collapsing tonight. However, we should give him credit for the patterns of play. Who would want to rely on individual brilliance to beat Pep, like Ole has four times..? ;)

Mihai

Not his biggest fan, far from it. But I wish him a speedy recovery.

RORY65

He is a very good manager - he is not a great manager. What he has done at PSG so far has not in any way been better than previous managers at the club
It's probably a bit harsh to judge him on his time at PSG so far given he had no preseason and took over in a weird season with Covid but I'm not sure he's an upgrade on Tuchel and overall I do agree with you that so far he's proven to be a very good manager but not one of the elite managers (at least yet) despite people wanting to anoint him as one.

always_hoping

As I said before tonights match plenty of the Poch fan boys will be hoping his win over Pep in Quarter final stage 3 season doesn't prove to be a fluke. Poch managing a far stronger team now and City are roughly the same level if not slightly weaker now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I know he has beaten Barcelona and Bayern, but the way PSG fell apart in the second half mentally is on him.
How can he totally change the mentality of his squad mid season? PSG are bottlers. They were always prone to kick out and freak out when the going gets tough. They’ve been like that before Poch arrived. These guys are superstars, bigger than any manager. Poch would need to build his own team before you can fully judge him on that kind of thing. I doubt he’ll get much more time though!

thepolice123

Not feeling Pochball v2 so far.

What happened to the heavy pressing and high intensity football?

kidbob

No different to our best performances against City under Ole, well except for the fact that in ours we created way more clear cut chances and we didn't fall apart like a bunch of pensioners in the second half.

Edit: all this while having better individuals.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How can he totally change the mentality of his squad mid season? PSG are bottlers. They were always prone to kick out and freak out when the going gets tough. They’ve been like that before Poch arrived. These guys are superstars, bigger than any manager. Poch would need to build his own team before you can fully judge him on that kind of thing. I doubt he’ll get much more time though!
Tbf that’s exactly what his Spurs team did too.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That blueprint isn’t this... PSG have dominated. When do City ever get outplayed like this?
Absolutely.

Now to be fair to Ole, their second half implosion isn't in his book either.

It was a great tweak by Guardiola that Poch didn't react to but everything was still cool until Navas...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't think Poch deserves a lot of credit for the first half, City were awful and the PSG players showed their class on the ball, second half those same PSG players couldn't cope with City's pressing and lost their class. Poch should have seen what was happening though and done something to change it

Dve

Leonardo Araújo on the phone tonight: "Thomas, sei tu? Puoi prendere uno scherzo, vero? Ho detto che sei stato licenziato? Hehe, sai che mi piacciono gli scherzi, vero? Sì, certo che lo fai, vecchio amico. Allora, domani torni in ufficio, giusto? Hehe, he he he.

Djemba-Djemba

Leonardo Araújo on the phone tonight: "Thomas, sei tu? Puoi prendere uno scherzo, vero? Ho detto che sei stato licenziato? Hehe, sai che mi piacciono gli scherzi, vero? Sì, certo che lo fai, vecchio amico. Allora, domani torno in ufficio, giusto? Hehe, he he he.
Erm

What?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You all should sympathized. It's hard to go from Kane-Son to Neymar-Mbappe.

Status
Not open for further replies.