Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Must not have full control is the only thing i can think of if true.
He didn't have 'full' control at spurs.

He wants out as he is out of his comfort zone and doesn't want to fail.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's unloved there and wants to go back to spurs.

To the owners, he's probably just a semi big name. They don't care about his project.
According to reports, he is the choice of Doha and not the choice of Leonardo, also his issues are with Leonardo. An other thing the rumours allegedly come from Levy who is trying to convince him to comeback.

SATA

Seems abit spineless to me if he’s going back to the club where the chairman sacks you for not doing a job he thinks is good enough

SATA

According to reports, he is the choice of Doha and not the choice of Leonardo, also his issues are with Leonardo. An other thing the rumours allegedly come from Levy who is trying to convince him to comeback.
Why is Leonardo such a powerful figure at Paris? I know he’s a director or that sort and a former player there. He was the one who also didn’t like Unai and Tuchel, isn’t he?

JPRouve

Scout
Why is Leonardo such a powerful figure at Paris? I know he’s a director or that sort and a former player there. He was the one who also didn’t like Unai and Tuchel, isn’t he?
No, he had nothing to do with Emery that was Antero Henrique, Leonardo left in 2013 and cameback in 2019. In the case of Tuchel they are both confrontational and Tuchel was already openly complaining about the squad and the players he needed when Leonardo arrived, the issue being that you have two stubborn people who won't really compromise and since Leonardo didn't pick Tuchel he had no personal reason to give Tuchel leeway.

But regarding Leonardo while I'm not convinced by his work since 2019, he took a pretty bad situation, Antero Henrique alienated many youth/young players, their families and the staff for various reasons which is why many left or asked to leave between 2017 and 2020, one of the actions being that any player that doesn't sign an extension when he wants doesn't play, that means that Leonardo has had to deal with some of the best academy products leaving the club for little money or free. It may seem meaningless but with the signings of Mbappé and Neymar and due to FFP PSG had to fill the team with youth players and few key signings but because Henrique botched everything the club had to fill the team with unplanned transfers on the relative cheap which wasn't what Tuchel signed for.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why would anyone want to be Real Madrid manager? Squad requires massive surgery, toxic fans, awful owners / management, and hardly any money for anyone coming in. Seems like a real shit job at the minute.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why would anyone want to be Real Madrid manager? Squad requires massive surgery, toxic fans, awful owners / management, and hardly any money for anyone coming in. Seems like a real shit job at the minute.
I guess the prestige, but it's almost never a winning proposition. What else do you say about a fanbase that boos their own greatest player in CR7? They're also apparently broke, so not exactly the most exciting proposition.

el3mel

Because it's Real Madrid ?

Giggs' right foot

Same reason why most politicians want to be prime ministers, why most businessmen and women want to be CEOs, why most actors and actresses want the biggest and most challenging roles... because they fancy themselves and reckon that their abilities will be exactly what will make them succeed in the role.

Asking why anyone will want to manage Real Madrid really is odd, because the vaaaast majority of managers would want that, even if the club was gliding down to 7th with no CL.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Same as spurs....

JPRouve

Scout
It's the biggest job in club football, that's why.
On top of that they are not actually broke and they just played a CL semifinal, so not exactly shit either. They need to replace some key players but that's true for most teams, I think people are a bit too negative when it comes to Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Money. Prestige.

The squad isn't in a good place but Barca is also a mess and Atleti are probably going to be worse next year too. I think they'll need a few years of retooling to be a favorite for the CL again but its totally plausible to me that Real Madrid wins La Liga next year.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Sound like the Spurs job but with more money, better players and nicer weather. Also, you wouldn't have to be the fecking Spurs manager.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Yeah, why would anybody want to be manager of a team that's won the Champions League 13 times.

Blood Mage

If he really spurns PSG and Madrid to go back to Spurs then he's a coward with zero ambition and thank god he never became Utd manager.

Eternitiy

You think he has really asked to leave?

If true, we must make a move. Ole has taken us as far as he can. I respect his achievment in bringing stability and a positive morale, but the time is right to look to a manager that can take us to the next level. We must go for Pochettino.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
You think he has really asked to leave?

I admire Pochettino for taking a stand and wanting more control of football related matters at Psg. Same thing he did at Spurs when he was changed to coach to manager and took Spurs to the cl finals. However, I don't believe he will have much control at Real Madrid. The only place he will have control is at Spurs as levy has more trust in him now he sees what life is like without Pochettino. Even then, if I was Pochettino I would use Spurs and Madrid interest as a bargaining chip at PSG to get more control. If he is really restricted, then as a top manager I doubt he would be comfortable with having little say in football related matter. I would understand now why Spurs would be an option.

Best option is Manchester United if we finally become more ambitious as a club because our structure isn't the best which will give poch more decisions in football related issue. Sir Alex is a big fan of his, so he already has big support from within the club. United spend a lot with each managers, so he will also be able to attract Kane here and other top players.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I admire Pochettino for taking a stand and wanting more control of football related matters at Psg. Same thing he did at Spurs when he was changed to coach to manager and took Spurs to the cl finals. However, I don't believe he will have much control at Real Madrid. The only place he will have control is at Spurs as levy has more trust in him now he sees what life is like without Pochettino. Even then, if I was Pochettino I would use Spurs and Madrid interest as a bargaining chip at PSG to get more control. If he is really restricted, then as a top manager I doubt he would be comfortable with having little say in football related matter. I would understand now why Spurs would be an option.
His problem at PSG will be the same at Madrid, the players have more power than he really does, no matter what the title would be. That's the real challenge of managing a club with top players, it's easier to be at Spurs where there aren't any real claims to be challenged by the players there, outside of maybe Kane who isn't the type.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Apparently his family never left London, seems a bit odd to me but I guess if they are settled in London and do not want to move to Paris that is their decision. Pochettino has been living out of a hotel ala Jose style whilst managing PSG, these things could also factor into Pochettino's thinking for his next managerial position. Although you would imagine that if Pochettino is offered the RM job his family would relocate to Madrid.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Apparently his family never left London, seems a bit odd to me but I guess if they are settled in London and do not want to move to Paris that is their decision. Pochettino has been living out of a hotel ala Jose style whilst managing PSG, these things could also factor into Pochettino's thinking for his next managerial position. Although you would imagine that if Pochettino is offered the RM job his family would relocate to Madrid.
I'd give it a year before deciding to make the move if I were them. :lol:

SAFMUTD

Is your question serious? I think there are currently very few clubs more attractive that Madrid. Sure they're in a decline after having a wonderful spell but it's Real Madrid after all.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If true, we must make a move. Ole has taken us as far as he can. I respect his achievment in bringing stability and a positive morale, but the time is right to look to a manager that can take us to the next level. We must go for Pochettino.
So sorry what happened to you in the past couple of years. But I am glad you have woken up from your coma.

JPRouve

Scout

He gone.
The article says that he wants to go, not that he is gone. It's essentially the same thing that has been said a few days ago.

Edit: Also PSG allegedly wants to see him make his position public and are allegedly in contact with Conte.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What an absolute failure of a manager that man is. Spurs running through his blood.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think this would be career suicide if he does that. Not that I understood his decision to join PSG as well, as he had nothing to gain but everything to lose.

The Spurs he'll inherit will arguably be as bad as the one they had post Bale transfer. Either the players are ageing or simply not good enough. And I really doubt if they can compete for top 4 atleast this year or the next without significant investment to side (and need to reatain Kane and Son).

If I were him, I'd stay at PSG for this season, win the league and irrespective of whatever else is going on resign and then take over job in a top 4 PL club or RM or Juve

Kearnkoff69

All the Spurs fans I know are convinced this is happening and are over the moon about it. I think it is more likely than not that it ends up in tears for all parties involved a couple years down the line, but there are no certainties in football so we shall see.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He is never going to win a league title :lol:

Delano

Thing is, he knew exactly what he was in for at PSG so I can't believe the situation would shock him.

I honestly think going to Spurs may be career suicide for him. There's a big rebuild job on there and he should know better than anyone, Levy isn't exactly an extravagant spender. Whilst walking out on one of Europe's "elite" may stop future chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.