Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think it's more the case his football doesn't suit those type of players. I've never been a fan of his football - its decent, but its far too workman-like for me. His teams at their best were a display of excellent work rate rather than a display of technical ability.

Its why I think he's struggling at PSG, where the players he's got are technically brilliant but not necessarily the hardest working. I think he's a good underdog manager, but will struggle at the top clubs.
I think so too. He had a brilliant young squad at Spurs and part of the credit has to go to their recruiting too. I don't want to undermine his effort at Spurs but somehow given his performances at PSG, I don't think he would be a good fit for us now. Mind you, this is coming from a huge Poch fan.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm loving this. They're so shit, it's incredible.
The only thing that can save Poch's job is an injury to Nemyar or Messi.

Ralph1386

I think so too. He had a brilliant young squad at Spurs and part of the credit has to go to their recruiting too. I don't want to undermine his effort at Spurs but somehow given his performances at PSG, I don't think he would be a good fit for us now. Mind you, this is coming from a huge Poch fan.
I asked a PSG fan I know why Poch is being criticized so much. He told me that he lacks tactical acumen, he doesn’t use his bench properly and is often late to make a sub.

I haven’t watched much of PSG this year except their game vs City. But if what he’s saying is accurate, then I do not want another Ole at the club. But the Glazers probably do.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Genuinely think he won’t last too much longer. They really don’t look very good at all. Granted, Verratti is a big miss, they still have brilliant players and they’re so bad.

USREDEVIL

Genuinely think he won’t last too much longer. They really don’t look very good at all. Granted, Verratti is a big miss, they still have brilliant players and they’re so bad.
Do you watch PSG? If so, are they being managed poorly by Poch? I can't get french games on my tv and want to see what Poch is doing considering our plight.

Kaos

I asked a PSG fan I know why Poch is being criticized so much. He told me that he lacks tactical acumen, he doesn’t use his bench properly and is often late to make a sub.

I haven’t watched much of PSG this year except their game vs City. But if what he’s saying is accurate, then I do not want another Ole at the club. But the Glazers probably do.
To be far to him, he's got a pretty unenviable job of keeping a whole load of superstars happy, and I don't imagine him subbing/benching the likes of Messi/Neymar/Mbappe would make them nor the owners happy. That itself also makes it difficult to set your own tactical mark on the team, especially when you're having to shoehorn in a handful of players who are considered undroppable.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Do you watch PSG? If so, are they being managed poorly by Poch? I can't get french games on my tv and want to see what Poch is doing considering our plight.
We're utter shit. No gameplan, out of shape attackers and terrible midfield, that's where we're at.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Pochettino is a sensible guy and not (not yet) a supertop manager, but he surely does not deserve all the stick he gets? This PSG instalment is another Real’s Zidanes & Pavones, which is why the only proper fit might be Zidane himself, and nobody else.

Still, they really like the smell of their own farts, starting from the owner and down to Leonardo, the players and the fans, so it is impossible to make sense of their day to day results… especially if the real target is the CL, for which they are possibly the most talented side in terms of individuals.

Berbaclass

I tend to watch most games purely because I like to bet on their games.

Yeah they are almost like United in the send they have all this individual talent but are just a poor unit.

Rajma

To be far to him, he's got a pretty unenviable job of keeping a whole load of superstars happy, and I don't imagine him subbing/benching the likes of Messi/Neymar/Mbappe would make them nor the owners happy. That itself also makes it difficult to set your own tactical mark on the team, especially when you're having to shoehorn in a handful of players who are considered undroppable.
Sounds a lot like United!

Berbaclass

Agree with this but in this case why even take the job if it doesn’t fit him and his approach. Always thought it was a weird move from Tottenham the way he likes his teams to work/press. He just isn’t going to get that at PSG.

Ralph1386

If he’s sacked anytime in the next few weeks, I think our board will be all over him. Whether it’s the right decision or not, they will be.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
We're utter shit. No gameplan, out of shape attackers and terrible midfield, that's where we're at.
I think you have a great XI if you played 5-3-2 and played Messi (Swappable for Neymar) Mbappe up top and dropped Neymar, Di Maria. Basically you had everything but your management just couldn't say no to Messi

saivet

I don't think he's done well with them. They have a shit midfield (Verratti is injured all the time) and the balance of the forward line isn't right, however they have looked a poor side this season. Mbappe has been the one bailing them out this season, not good performances.

They are still top of the league though and given how I wasn't impressed with Tuchel at PSG, I'm inclined to think the job isn't as easy as some make out.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I think you have a great XI if you played 5-3-2 and played Messi (Swappable for Neymar) Mbappe up top and dropped Neymar, Di Maria. Basically you had everything but your management just couldn't say no to Messi
That or 3421, but without Hakimi like tonight, it wouldn't help much. Piling up midfielders with no ability on the ball won't help, you might as well keep Neymar and Messi and have them help.

Red_toad

If he’s sacked anytime in the next few weeks, I think our board will be all over him. Whether it’s the right decision or not, they will be.
He'd be an upgrade on Ole in my opinion. Not sure if he's the right man for the job, but he'd improve us and get more out of the players and we'd have a well coached system for a change.

USREDEVIL

I don't think he's done well with them. They have a shit midfield (Verratti is injured all the time) and the balance of the forward line isn't right, however they have looked a poor side this season. Mbappe has been the one bailing them out this season, not good performances.

They are still top of the league though and given how I wasn't impressed with Tuchel at PSG, I'm inclined to think the job isn't as easy as some make out.
Yeah interesting point.

Ralph1386

From my understanding, at PSG Khelaifi and Leonardo have a bigger say on the players that come and go than the manager.

There were instances this summer where Pochettino would be asked about incomings and outgoings, and it seemed like his bosses knew more than him. Not his fault though as it’s been the same with all the other managers they’ve had.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Hope he turns it around so that PSG doesn't sack him. Because if they do, our board will go after him and it will all end in tears.

He'd definitely be an upgrade over Ole, but he's not the man to bring us trophies.

Kaos

Sounds a lot like United!
Not really. Despite the hyperbole you hear about us, we're not exactly a squad stacked with world class talent. Ronaldo and possibly Bruno could be considered the only undroppable players, but they don't really operate in the same positions.

lloyd2wayne

He'd be an upgrade on Ole in my opinion. Not sure if he's the right man for the job, but he'd improve us and get more out of the players and we'd have a well coached system for a change.
Most managers will be an upgrade on Ole. That’s not saying much. Why would you want a manager whose team is also struggling to play any cohesive football? but you think he will do great here when we also have super stars all the way through.

If he can’t get this PSG side with all theirs stars to play as a unit then I’m positive he can’t do it here either.

Infestissumam

I have a hard time judging a manager based on what he does with that group in Paris, I honestly think that job is a thankless task. I'd still take Poch in a heartbeat at United.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They'll still stroll to french league title.

As ever depends what they do in CL. Generally PSG managers don't get a third season (or complete it) if they fall short two years running.

DickDastardly

We should get this guy from Lille.

Wonderful defensive unit, counterattacking at its finest.

Also, Renato Sanches. Again with a worldie of a game.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
That or 3421, but without Hakimi like tonight, it wouldn't help much. Piling up midfielders with no ability on the ball won't help, you might as well keep Neymar and Messi and have them help.
No ability on the ball? You're playing attacking midfielders as DMs because of the 3 divas up top. Playing in midfield for PSG might just be a more ungrateful job than managing Barca.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
No ability on the ball? You're playing attacking midfielders as DMs because of the 3 divas up top. Playing in midfield for PSG might just be a more ungrateful job than managing Barca.
Attacking midfielders?? Who? Wijnaldum is the only one who can play high and so far since he arrived he looks like the Wiknaldum we saw agains czech republic at the euro : uninspired, inaccurate and poor overall. He was tried as a CAM, RM and CM and was bad every time.

Jaxa

Subbing Messi at HT is signing your own death warrant ,

PSG know how big an asset Messi is commercially and if poch can’t get Messi working in that team which looks to be the case he’ll be gone in no time

Poch imo has always been insanely overrated and I’ve never understood why people wanted him here

Schnappo

Subbing Messi at HT is signing your own death warrant ,

PSG know how big an asset Messi is commercially and if poch can’t get Messi working in that team which looks to be the case he’ll be gone in no time

Poch imo has always been insanely overrated and I’ve never understood why people wanted him here
Messi had an injury apparently.

Zoo

Genius from Neymar and a quality finish from Di Maria.

Poch is saved by top quality players delivering in moments…

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Not suprisingly, we switched to a back 3 defense and the team got much better because our full back can actually do something.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Fantastic move from him to sub off Messi at halftime.

Instantly improved the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.