Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
The only positive thing is that this PSG side wont win CL anytime soon. They dont play as a team. Just a bunch of individuals who gets paid a lot to be there.

And hopefully with Mbappé gone in the summer and Messi one year older it Will be even harder

BorisManUtd

PSG are in strong position league wise, will pass group stages of CL if there's no disaster so Pochettino should be safe until knockout stages of Champions League. Then it's make or break for him.

Litch

I think we are waiting for him to be sacked.....watch this space

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
PSG and Bayern, you basically have to win the double of the League and Champions League. Even if you just won the Champions League, it still probably wouldnt be good enough. Much better than just winning the League though.

I dont know if they will do well in the CL. A lot of chiefs and not enough indians. I think they beat Bayern last year in the knockouts and Bayern were all over them if i recall.

always_hoping

I think they beat Bayern last year in the knockouts and Bayern were all over them if i recall.
Yes beat them on away goals which is no more now.

In the 1st leg loss Bayern had 65% possession and 31 shots on goal, they were missing a number of players for that game and if one was available a certain Lewandowski they would have won instead of losing due to a very wasteful display.

Teja

I think we are waiting for him to be sacked.....watch this space
Feel that way too. All the PSG fans are pretty annoyed with him.

He has never really convinced me even in the PSG v City games .. he had an equally good squad and had maybe one good half across (4? games) last year and this year.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Yes beat them on away goals which is no more now.

In the 1st leg loss Bayern had 65% possession and 31 shots on goal, they were missing a number of players for that game and if one was available a certain Lewandowski they would have won instead of losing due to a very wasteful display.
Nice way to rewrite history. PSG played without Verratti, Marquinhos, Bernat and Kehrer. In the second leg, Diallo also got injured so our back 4 was Dagba, Danilo (a midfielder), Kimpembe et Bakker, with Gueye and Paredes in the midfield. I think it's pretty safe to say PSG we had player issues as well.

Pirlo'sBeard

Zidane will be at PSG soon. We'll end up with Poch because our board has a hard on for him.

On track for around 100 points in his first full season, and around 10 points clear already, a big difference from taking over midway through another manager’s failing season.
Only way he’s getting sacked is a catastrophic CL campaign, so it’ll be March at the earliest.

always_hoping

Nice way to rewrite history. PSG played without Verratti, Marquinhos, Bernat and Kehrer. In the second leg, Diallo also got injured so our back 4 was Dagba, Danilo (a midfielder), Kimpembe et Bakker, with Gueye and Paredes in the midfield. I think it's pretty safe to say PSG we had player issues as well.
What part did I rewrite history the possession, shots on goals stats or the opinion they may not have been as wasteful if Lewandowski played?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What part did I rewrite history the possession, shots on goals stats or the opinion they may not have been as wasteful if Lewandowski played?
"they would have won instead of losing due to a very wasteful display." Nobody knows that, rewritting the game by imagining what would have happened had Bayern been complete is silly if you don't mention that half of PSGs starting team was injured.

always_hoping

"they would have won instead of losing due to a very wasteful display." Nobody knows that, rewritting the game by imagining what would have happened had Bayern been complete is silly if you don't mention that half of PSGs starting team was injured.
That part was an opinion not rewritting history. We can all only imagine the difference a goal machine like Lewandowski could have done with that amount of possession and shots on goal.

Last edited:

Pintu

You were lucky to play a Bayern deprived of its best asset in attack. Really silly how he got himself injured in a meaningless international game. And you probably won thanks to Bayern's wastefulness.

You were unlucky to have an injured Mbappé for the semi-finals against Man City. And you probably lost because of that lack of pace.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
@Oly Francis , @Santoryo , @bond19821982 , and the rest, are you guys doing ok? You will learn, who Amadaeus is shortly and will become like the rest I have gone through in this forum.

Pochettino once again with a very good win. psg seem to play better with an out and out number 9. Psg, should have had 4 goals today if their striker was more clinical. Pochettino made the right judgement call to sub Messi. Some manager would have played him through his injury, but Pochettino knew better and made the right tactical sub.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
@Oly Francis , @Santoryo , @bond19821982 , and the rest, are you guys doing ok? You will learn, who Amadaeus is shortly and will become like the rest I have gone through in this forum.

Pochettino once again with a very good win. psg seem to play better with an out and out number 9. Psg, should have had 4 goals today if their striker was more clinical. Pochettino made the right judgement call to sub Messi. Some manager would have played him through his injury, but Pochettino knew better and made the right tactical sub.
:lol: Messi had a thigh issue and it was why he was subbed. If the player cannot keep on playing then it's not a hard call to sub him.

Amadaeus

:lol: Messi had a thigh issue and it was why he was subbed. If the player cannot keep on playing then it's not a hard call to sub him.
There have been some managers who plays these players through their injuries. United have been notorious in doing that. Regardless, Pochettino gameplan was spot on and once Icardi came on, their attacking play improved so much. Only if icardi was more clinical, they would have smashed 4 past Lille. As I stated to those other poster, finishing is one of the major concern with this psg side. Of course, they would blame the manage because they don’t know much about football, but it was on show once again today. Their only defeat this season was due to poor finishing and if their attackers don’t find their shooting boot, more losses will come. Even Messi had a great chance in the first half and he finished it like he was heskey. It is very weird, how they have so many top attackers, but below par finishing. That is why, I stated that for psg to be truly dominant, they would need a player like Haland, Kane, salah (inverted goalscorer) or lewandowski as one of their attackers if Mbappe is to leave

kouroux

There have been some managers who plays these players through their injuries. United have been notorious in doing that. Regardless, Pochettino gameplan was spot on and once Icardi came on, their attacking play improved so much. Only if icardi was more clinical, they would have smashed 4 past Lille. As I stated to those other poster, finishing is one of the major concern with this psg side. Of course, they would blame the manage because they don’t know much about football, but it was on show once again today. Their only defeat this season was due to poor finishing and if their attackers don’t find their shooting boot, more losses will come. Even Messi had a great chance in the first half and he finished it like he was heskey. It is very weird, how they have so many top attackers, but below par finishing. That is why, I stated that for psg to be truly dominant, they would need a player like Haland, Kane, salah (inverted goalscorer) or lewandowski as one of their attackers if Mbappe is to leave
You don't praise a manager for that because there are other morons who would risk their players. I mean that's scraping the barrel in terms of praise. Poch's plan wasn't spot on, PSG first half was an abomination, typical of LVG football, lots of possession with only 1 shot on target. Lille had better openings and if they led by 2 goals at some point in the first half, no one would have been shocked. I get that you're a fan of Poch but you hype him up in ways PR agencies could only dream of. I swear, I watch french tv, listen to french radio and french youtube channels all run by PSG fans and I'm yet to find a single one happy about what their manager is producing out of their team content wise.

Amadaeus

You don't praise a manager for that because there are other morons who would risk their players. I mean that's scraping the barrel in terms of praise. Poch's plan wasn't spot on, PSG first half was an abomination, typical of LVG football, lots of possession with only 1 shot on target. Lille had better openings and if they led by 2 goals at some point in the first half, no one would have been shocked. I get that you're a fan of Poch but you hype him up in ways PR agencies could only dream of. I swear, I watch french tv, listen to french radio and french youtube channels all run by PSG fans and I'm yet to find a single one happy about what their manager is producing out of their team content wise.
Messi is different. He isn't just any player. Regardless, his approach worked. When you stated, psg only had one shot on target, that is due to poor finishing as I have been mentioning. Messi and di Maria had good chances to score in that half and with better finishing they would have scored or at least put the ball on target. So your 1 shot on target has nothing to do with coaching, but rather clinical finishing. Did you not see the Messi chance when di Maria cross it to him? That was a good scoring opportunity. Similiarly, the di Maria chance when he bypass the defenders. Lille didn't have better openings . I would say in the first half, both team have similiar chances. In the second half, psg was more dominate. Regardless, i don't like using xg stats but those statistics also backed my claim. I know everyone want to try and prove me wrong, but at least be reasonable with your assumptions like I have been. Pochettino got a great victory, with more chances, more possession and they played better football and if they were more clinical, they would have scored more than 4 today. He once again shut up his critics until, they find something small to cry about.

kouroux

Messi is different. He isn't just any player. Regardless, his approach worked. When you stated, psg only had one shot on target, that is due to poor finishing as I have been mentioning. Messi and di Maria had good chances to score in that half and with better finishing they would have scored or at least put the ball on target. So your 1 shot on target has nothing to do with coaching, but rather clinical finishes. Did you not see the Messi chance when di Maria cross it to him? That was a good scoring opportunity, similiar to the di Maria chance when he bypass the defenders. Lille didn't have better openings . I would say in the first half, both team have similiar chances. In the second half, psg was more dominate. Regardless, i don't like using xg stats but those statistics also backed my claim. I know everyone want to try and prove me wrong, but at least be reasonable with your assumptions like I have been. Pochettino got a great victory, with more chances, more possession and they played better football and if they were more clinical, they would have scored more than 4 today.
Check the total shootint stats then. Lille had the upper hand, Messi's chance wasn't a tap in, he just weirdly misshit it.
About Messi being different, if the player cannot run anymore and says he wants to be subbed because he eyes the CL game then there is nothing Poch can do about it. It wasn't his decision to make. When I said Lille had better openings, I was talking about the first half of course so try to be reasonable yourself and read what's typed

Amadaeus

Check the total shootint stats then. Lille had the upper hand, Messi's chance wasn't a tap in, he just weirdly misshit it.
About Messi being different, if the player cannot run anymore and says he wants to be subbed because he eyes the CL game then there is nothing Poch can do about it. It wasn't his decision to make. When I said Lille had better openings, I was talking about the first half of course so try to be reasonable yourself and read what's typed
Total Shooting stats is meaningless, when compared to expected goals stat. Just because a team shoots a lot, it doesn't mean they perform better or had the better chances. Xg stats are better indicator of which team had better chances. Never said it was a tap in, but a player of his caliber, should have put that away or at least on target. I know you were talking about the first half, that was what I mentioned in my post if your read it and I corrected you saying that they both had similar opening. Where you saw that Messi said he wanted to be subbed??? It seem like all articles are saying that Pochettino made that call in consultation with the team doctor, not messi.

kouroux

Total Shooting stats is meaningless, when compared to expected goals stat. Just because a team shoots a lot, it doesn't mean they perform better or had the better chances. Xg stats are better indicator of which team had better chances. Never said it was a tap in, but a player of his caliber, should have put that away or at least on target. I know you were talking about the first half, that was what I mentioned in my post if your read it and I corrected you saying that they both had similar opening. Where you saw that Messi said he wanted to be subbed??? It seem like all articles are saying that Pochettino made that call in consultation with the team doctor, not messi.
I heard it from a pitch side reporter on Canal+ after the 2nd half began who inquired about it.
Poch once subbed Messi when he wanted to stay on the pitch and Messi didn't like it. He isn't risking doing anything going against his wishes

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That is why, I stated that for psg to be truly dominant, they would need a player like Haland, Kane, salah (inverted goalscorer) or lewandowski as one of their attackers if Mbappe is to leave
I have no recollection of Salah scoring any own goals. Would have loved a hat-trick of those last weekend.

Ralph1386

Ole kept playing Rashford through injury last year, which was why his form dipped.

kouroux

Ole kept playing Rashford through injury last year, which was why his form dipped.
Ole is a selfish clown tbh. He did that with Maguire too, played him when he was clearly unfit. If a manager sub a player who isn't 100% or is injured then it's basic common sense, not something that deserves huge praise

MattofManchester

I do think he's hamstrung by a completely useless front 3 when they've got to press and work off the ball, but really that team should be blowing teams away in Ligue 1.

Close results against Angers and such really aren't inspiring.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
To be far to him, he's got a pretty unenviable job of keeping a whole load of superstars happy, and I don't imagine him subbing/benching the likes of Messi/Neymar/Mbappe would make them nor the owners happy. That itself also makes it difficult to set your own tactical mark on the team, especially when you're having to shoehorn in a handful of players who are considered undroppable.
I watched PSG under Poch a lot last season and I’ve watched them a lot this season. They were bad last season and they’re bad this season. There has been no improvement in the performances, that’s the problem. I thought it was just a matter of time before Poch got things together (I gave him a pass on the first season for this reason, even though missing out on the league title was a complete disaster) but now I’m seriously starting to wonder if he’s out of his depth.

They often get outplayed by lesser teams. It all fell apart for Tuchel at the end but throughout most of his time, the team was always dominant in matches against teams they were supposed to be dominant against.

With Poch, they routinely get bossed by lowly Ligue Un teams and minnow CL teams and only prevail because of moments of magic provided by the plethora of match winners that he has at his disposal. It’s bizarre. There is no rhythm or cohesion to their play. He surely can’t last much longer if things stay like this.

tomaldinho1

I love how desperate people are for him to fail. His issue is the front three don’t work he’d enough (no news to anyone) but he can’t drop Messi. They’ll wrap up the French league early and, as always, he’ll be rated on how they do in the CL.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I love how desperate people are for him to fail. His issue is the front three don’t work he’d enough (no news to anyone) but he can’t drop Messi. They’ll wrap up the French league early and, as always, he’ll be rated on how they do in the CL.
You could argue Ole is having the same problem. Doesn’t matter how good your coaching brain is if your players aren’t prepared to work hard.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's not really about wanting him to fail, it's just that he's done an unimpressive job.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

You're not funny anymore mate. It's just sad now.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I’m not desperate for him to fail, I just watch the games rather than looking at the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.