Maurizio Sarri - Sack Watch

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They’ll probably sell him for a reasonable price if Sarri wants him at Juve

He’s not exactly a fan favourite I don’t think and it lets Kante drop back into his best position.
A sitting DM has never been Kante's best position. The only times he's played that since coming England was Euro 2016 when he got dropped before the quarters and the first six games of Conte's reign where luckily Antonio quickly realised his error.

As for Jorginho, why on earth would we sell him? We can't replace him and he's still the most naturally gifted midfielder we have. The Sarri connection is just a lazy link, not only has he practically confirmed he won't be following him a third time most players who have followed a manager to a second club don't tend to do it a third time - Carvalho, Ferreira, Allen, Thiago, Fellaini prime examples of the top of my head.

I'm fairly certain Jorginho would have signed for us in the knowledge he'd likely outlast Sarri, would have been very naive of him if he didn't

Castia

A sitting DM has never been Kante's best position. The only times he's played that since coming England was Euro 2016 when he got dropped before the quarters and the first six games of Conte's reign where luckily Antonio quickly realised his error.

As for Jorginho, why on earth would we sell him? We can't replace him and he's still the most naturally gifted midfielder we have. The Sarri connection is just a lazy link, not only has he practically confirmed he won't be following him a third time most players who have followed a manager to a second club don't tend to do it a third time - Carvalho, Ferreira, Allen, Thiago, Fellaini prime examples of the top of my head.

I'm fairly certain Jorginho would have signed for us in the knowledge he'd likely outlast Sarri, would have been very naive of him if he didn't

Well Kante plays better without Jorginho in the side, they don’t complement each other very well and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the next manager play just one of them.

Jorginho isn’t exactly a DM either, the words I used was ‘to drop back into his best position’ I.e playing deep rather than being in the attacking third of the pitch.

I know managers change and a player shouldn’t pick a club based on that but he clearly did last summer, he was nailed on for City before Sarri got the Chelsea job and brought him in last minute, clearly Sarri after working with him in Italy was a major factor in his move.

You’re probably right that he won’t be sold and that will be because of the transfer ban and not being able to replace him this summer which is fair enough.

MrMarcello

How will his style differ from Allegri's?

Will Juve fans witness better attacking football?

Will Ronaldo flourish?

el3mel

Wow. Rubbish comments to say about your former club tbh, even if they're true.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If Sarri actually believes that, it says more about him than it does Chelsea.

RedFish

Banned by user request until February 2020
Juventus > Chelsea.

No shame in that. Chelsea is a big club. Juventus a is massive club.

No need to say it though. Oh well.

duffer

Scout
Juventus > Chelsea.

No shame in that. Chelsea is a big club. Juventus a is massive club.

No need to say it though. Oh well.
If he'd said Juve are bigger, much bigger or even massively bigger than Chelsea I'd have had no issue. Saying a club has no history because they're not winning major trophies is childish nonsense, to say that you're either trolling (which is fine from fans) or a moron.

Also a bit rich of Sarri of all people to take the piss about a lack of historic success given his career.

RedFish

Banned by user request until February 2020
If he'd said Juve are bigger, much bigger or even massively bigger than Chelsea I'd have had no issue. Saying a club has no history because they're not winning major trophies is childish nonsense, to say that you're either trolling (which is fine from fans) or a moron.

Also a bit rich of Sarri of all people to take the piss about a lack of historic success given his career.
He's just trolling and maybe a hit bitter? (I didn't follow closely the circumstances by which he left Chelsea). Big clubs, giant clubs are just part of football history, they don't define it. I can't imagine he doesn't appreciate that.

P-Ro

Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I haven't seen that quote anywhere else and that twitter handle is prone to trolling. I still think Sarri is a wanker and a shite manager regardless.

AshRK

ALthough I could care less about chelsea but these are stupid comments and very unprofessional BY Sarri.

duffer

Scout
Are those comments even true, I mean has he actually said it?
It seems a bit out of character to me. Would not surprise me if it's a miss-translation or even simply made-up.

duffer

Scout
ALthough I could care less about chelsea but these are stupid comments and very unprofessional BY Sarri.
You could care less? That means you care a bit!

Secret Chelsea fan detected.

P-Ro

Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
You got me ;). My favorite chelsea moment was Terry slipping on that rainy day. Captain , Leader, Legend.
JT's pisstake song by United fans is one of my favourite oppo songs. Haven't heard it in years though.

el3mel

I haven't seen that quote anywhere else and that twitter handle is prone to trolling. I still think Sarri is a wanker and a shite manager regardless.
Several Chelsea news Twitter accounts are quoting it.

Though I won't put it past being miss-translated.

duffer

Scout
Several Chelsea news Twitter accounts are quoting it.
They're all quoting the original one you posted which is all those fan run Twitter accounts do. No actual news sites are reporting it.

I'm filling this one in the "bullshit" folder until a proper outlet reports it.

el3mel

They're all quoting the original one you posted which is all those fan run Twitter accounts do. No actual news sites are reporting it.

I'm filling this one in the "bullshit" folder until a proper outlet reports it.
I have seen the interview of him with Juve few minutes ago and he did mentioned coming from Chelsea with inferior and recent history to Juve with larger one but he didn't mention numbers though, so either he said it elsewhere or it's miss-translated.