Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

Djemba-Djemba

I sort of fancy them on Sunday for some reason and Chelsea being Chelsea and Spurs being Spurs means they will probably hammer Spurs and then lose the game after that to start the whole cycle again.

Be beyond comical if Malmo knock them out first though.
Same.

Even when they're shite, 2012, when the fans despise the manager, 2013, and when the players have stopped playing for the manager, 2018, they still seem to always win a trophy. It's remarkable really.

City should win and probably will but I do have a sneaky feeling Chelsea will nick it.

Gasolin

Madrid have better player in Casemiro.

Chelsea should back Sarri and sell Kante to us, their usual place for unwanted players.
Could we play Kante instead of Matic? We would lose a bit in term of moving the ball forward from the DM. Or he would be in the position of Herrera?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The last 4 games I've been to:
2-1 loss to Wolves
0-1 loss to Leicester
6-0 loss to Man City
2-0 loss to Everton

I really hope this wanker gets sacked tomorrow. Give him a few months to tend to his fecking garden.

Giggs' right foot

2-1 loss to Wolves
0-1 loss to Leicester
6-0 loss to Man City
2-0 loss to Everton

I really hope this wanker gets sacked tomorrow. Give him a few months to tend to his fecking garden.
Fancy an away game the 28th of April?

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
2-1 loss to Wolves
0-1 loss to Leicester
6-0 loss to Man City
2-0 loss to Everton

I think the problems go deeper than the manager

Why would you even hire Sarri if you're not willing to sacrifice the short term for a better long term?

He was never going to turn it around without time

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
2-1 loss to Wolves
0-1 loss to Leicester
6-0 loss to Man City
2-0 loss to Everton

Please go on game United- Chelsea

el3mel

The last couple of wins have brought him some time. Now it's back to square one.

el3mel

from the same logic that says Ole is struggling
That's a pretty weird comparison!

Chelsea have been dogshite for months and had some humiliating losses. They just won few games recently and today they were back to being shite.

Ole's United has been doing great since he took over and just hit 2 poor results.

If anything this Chelsea season reminds me of LVG last one when we were dogshite and whenever the pressure increased on LVG he pulled out 2 or 3 victories out of his arse to bring him some time before returning to being shite again.

haram

2-1 loss to Wolves
0-1 loss to Leicester
6-0 loss to Man City
2-0 loss to Everton

Maybe you’re the problem :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Gotta be bloody awful to lose to Everton at the moment, like a battle of who’s-the-most-miserable-club

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Chelsea have been dogshite for months and had some humiliating losses. They just won few games recently and today they were back to being shite.

Ole's United has been doing great since he took over and just hit 2 poor results.

If anything this Chelsea season reminds me of LVG last one when we were dogshite and whenever the pressure increased on LVG he pulled out 2 or 3 victories out of his arse to bring him some time before returning to being shite again.
Indeed. Anyone who thought they'd turned a corner needs a reality check. It's damage limitation for Chelsea now. I never for a second thought they'd beat Wolves last week and was quietly confident of Everton getting at least a draw today. All eggs should be in the Europa basket now given their possible route to the final

buckooo1978

Sarri shouldn't be under pressure

hes taken over a team with issues. They are still in top 4 hunt. Got to a cup final and look like finalists in the Europa League - they've been up over the last couple of months but the guys been in charge for 8 months

I think its ridiculous that he should be considered to be in trouble

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I see a lot of similarities with Mourinho‘s first season at United and a lot depends on the europa league. If he wins it or loses the final on pens, he‘s safe I guess.

If Chelsea finish 6th and they go out to Frankfurt / Benfica in the semi‘s looking awful, he could be in danger. That‘s very unlikely though.

el3mel

hes taken over a team with issues. They are still in top 4 hunt. Got to a cup final and look like finalists in the Europa League - they've been up over the last couple of months but the guys been in charge for 8 months

He should be under massive pressure if the season is ending and there's little to no improvement whatsoever in their style or results.

They brought him for solid top 4 finish and providing entertainment with good style. So far he has done neither. They are struggling to get 4th and are pretty boring to watch.

Thus if he ends the season 5th or 6th (and 6th appears more likely), there's absolutely no reason for Chelsea to persist with him, considering he has never built a title winning squad and has no proof his lackluster style is going to lead them anywhere if the we are now in March and his team doesn't look any different from the previous Chelsea seasons, still boring and crap to watch, and without winning this time.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

That is pure Tottenham mentality. We are a club that has historically thrived on instability and we will be far better rid of him. We sacked Ancelotti the year after he won The Double for coming 2nd in the league. Why should we as fans accept that this moron should get more time than other far more deserving managers?

Gasolin

That is pure Tottenham mentality. We are a club that has historically thrived on instability and we will be far better rid of him. We sacked Ancelotti the year after he won The Double for coming 2nd in the league. Why should we as fans accept that this moron should get more time than other far more deserving managers?
We just need you to allow United to beat you for the 3 pts. After that, you can do whatever you want. Thanks.

haram

Thriving on instability... what a joke of a club.

Needham

Unfair. Give him some time. Win the Europa. Qualify for CL. Then bring in who he needs in the summ...oh wait a minute.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Problem with Sarri system is we have loads of possession, but the midfield he's picking has zero creativity in it. There is probably a mental aspect to it too. When we go behind there is no fight. Maybe as players don't believe what he is doing.

Teams sit deep, we create very little, they score when we make mistakes. Kante doesn't suit the system at all, and we end up just passing it to Hazard as no other ideas in possession.

Team we play in the Europa with Giroud at CF, usually without Hazard and Kante sometimes is much better balanced, and overall a better team.

Kapardin

I think he's going to win the Europa and stay for another season.

Vadim

I hope they keep him for at least 3 seasons. He’s a stubborn old man.

Their football is awful.

crossy1686

career ending
Everton have been out and out the worst team in England this season, in terms of expectation at the start of the season. Chelsea are now running them close for that title for sure. Don't know what's happened behind the scenes but I hope they keep Sarri until it's mathematically impossible for them to achieve top 4.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think he's going to win the Europa and stay for another season.
Sarri's never won anything in his career and is likely to play either Napoli or Arsenal in the final, I can see them getting to the final and loosing tbh

Paul_Scholes18

They started so well, but has got worse and worse with time. Strange since they did score a lot of goals early on with Hazard in form. Higuain has not really helped them at all.

If they win the europa league it will be a good season for them though.

buckooo1978

its hardly Tottenham mentality when hes not even finished his first season

A manager needs time to try implement his plans otherwise why hire him in the first place

the transfer ban...well...that might change things slightly

Paul_Scholes18

The Chelsea squad do need some uppgrades, but it looks like it will be even worse next season with no transfers. Probably need to get a manager suited to the squad rather than the other way around. Although I do think the Chelsea squad got many players suited for his fotball apart from Kante and probably Kovacic and Barkley. So I don't think he can complain about the squad too much.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Its quite simple. A manager can talk bollocks about philosophy and attacking and football fans will lap it up. Sarri is a poser, having Guardiola posters in your room doesn't make you a top positional coach. Tuchel gets similar treatment, a red carpet is rolled out for him after getting knocked out of the CL just because PSG dominated possession.

We were told that Jorginho is the key to Sarri-ball and he looks completely inept in half the games he plays. Sarri-ball is inept.

Vadim

His subs are more predictable than Rafa and Conte combined.

He plays out of form players more than Jose Mourinho.

He's as stubborn and tactically inept as AVB.

So it looks like he has a lot of the negative traits about our previous managers, but on steroids... Such a depressing f**king season.
That’s a quote from the Shed End Chelsea forums.

It’s the general consensus there. He’s a dead man walking. When the fans turn at Chavford Bridge, it’s only a matter of time :(

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
2019 has been a slow yet constant meltdown for them.

They were surprisingly effective in autumn 2018.

Sarri should go to AC Milan, if they were smart enough to sign him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That's bad for us, we needed him to sty for 5 weeks so that he could face United.
This is what I'm thinking. Hopefully they don't do their usual Hiddink-to-the-rescue routine, or we could be in real trouble for top 4.