Mauro Icardi | Performances

MounchesterUtd

What are anyone's thoughts on him?

Personally, I enjoy watching his throwback game. Has a great strike record considering the lack of service at Inter. He'll bang them in so long as he's healthy and I think he can score 26-30 a year with a playmaker like Ozil or prime Robben/Ribery. Doesn't offer anything outside the box though, which might just stop him from making a move to one of the top clubs at the moment.

Obligatory Youtube compilation:

Last edited:

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
i like him

only watched youtube videos though

RooneyLegend

Pure striker, reminds me a lot of trezeguet. Beautiful ball striking technique.

izec

We should go for him after Zlatan goes and Wayne turns to shit. Him and Rashford would be a good pair of strikers.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He'd actually be the perfect striker for an LVG United side :D
He actually would have. Inter seem pretty identical to how bereft of creativity and open van Gaal's side was, yet his strike rate and tally is still excellent.

MounchesterUtd

Goal and an assist in the Derby D'Italia. That's 7 goals in 8 games now against Juve.

paulscholes18

Arguably the best player in Serie A not at Juve. If only he picked Italy over Argentina how Italy need a top striker

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
What impressed me most was his engine and determination. The guy wouldn't stop running.

izec

Scored also 2 last week against Pescara. He is fantastic and i would love for us to buy him. I also was in favour of us going for him in the summer. He is the perfect striker if you can feed him in and close to the box

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Arguably the best player in Serie A not at Juve. If only he picked Italy over Argentina how Italy need a top striker
I think it's good that he didn't. He's born and raised in Argentina by his Argentinian parents. Mercenary football shouldn't extend to national teams

TheCorkman

Scored also 2 last week against Pescara. He is fantastic and i would love for us to buy him. I also was in favour of us going for him in the summer. He is the perfect striker if you can feed him in and close to the box
He seems very loyal to Inter though, and is obviously the captain. Excellent player but the shenanigans with Maxi Lopez's wife back at Sampdoria makes it hard to like him.

I believe I read before also that dybala, higuain and di maria all have italian passports too. Camoranesi is the only 'fake' Italian I can remember though.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think it's good that he didn't. He's born and raised in Argentina by his Argentinian parents. Mercenary football shouldn't extend to national teams
Didn't he leave Argentina quite young? I know he played for the Barcelona academy so I assume he grew up in Spain. If that's the case I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with him choosing to play for Spain.

MounchesterUtd

Both goals came inside the last 14 minutes of the game, too :drool: He is lethal inside the box.

Didn't he leave Argentina quite young? I know he played for the Barcelona academy so I assume he grew up in Spain. If that's the case I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with him choosing to play for Spain.
Yeah, I wouldn't fault him for choosing to play for Spain or Italy either. A person's nationality is not an exact science. That being said, he will learn from Messi and him and Dybala will be absolutely mouth watering to watch for years to come :drool:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Agree. I don't care for players playing for a NT because they've worked in the country for the minimum required years to get a passport there. The rules should be the same as how UEFA count players as home grown. It's simple enough. Would make Mess eligible for Spain but Costa wouldn't.

SATA

I watched him in the second half against Juventus. He was fantastic to watch, hunted down every ball like he was Tevez and bossed the Juve's defence which was no easy task

Yagami

Good post resistant
I watched him in the second half against Juventus. He was fantastic to watch, hunted down every ball like he was Tevez and bossed the Juve's defence which was no easy task
:drool:
I love strikers of that ilk.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Class player. Proper old school Italian forward. Warrior, class finisher, good link up play.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
He seems very loyal to Inter though, and is obviously the captain. Excellent player but the shenanigans with Maxi Lopez's wife back at Sampdoria makes it hard to like him. .
He isn't loyal. He tried all summer to leave Inter to Napoli as they offered him bigger contract, then Inter offered him big contract. Even last season or 18 months ago he wanted to leave and Inter offered him bigger contract.

His wife is his agent and she mouths off way too much talking about moving.

DWelbz19

Yeah, I'm a big fan. Great player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
His history with Maxi Lopez is unfortunate but he's a quality forward.

Hawks2008

I really rate him, wouldn't mind seeing him here when Zlatan eventually leaves.

Beej

Very good first half performance by our bloody young team. Very fluid and diversive play by us. Darmstadt can only help themselves with fouls and have picked up half a dozen yellows already. Should lead by more than a single goal, though.

Bayern struggling a bit vs. Ingolstadt at the same time. Why are you guys using the general Bayern thread for the match discussion, btw? Given that 80% of the Bundesliga related talk on here are either about Munich or Dortmund, it just leaves this thread barren that way. As I often use the cafe on the phone it would be more convinient for me if it is concentrated on a single thread like it used to be the last few years.
He isn't loyal. He tried all summer to leave Inter to Napoli as they offered him bigger contract, then Inter offered him big contract. Even last season or 18 months ago he wanted to leave and Inter offered him bigger contract.

His wife is his agent and she mouths off way too much talking about moving.
Not to mention all the Maxi Lopez business

DWelbz19

Another 2 goals tonight. 6 goals and an assist in 4 matches.

MounchesterUtd

He's on fire right now and the thing is, the service he's getting, while an improvement over the Mancini days, isn't that great. Hope Inter builds a team around him capable of contending not just in Italy but Europe as well. Will always have a soft spot for that club.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
He is the best striker in the box at the moment and a tier 1 #9 for me. His workrate has improved and his not purely a box striker like he was in previous years. he has really improved. People forget that he is only 23. If he had all those chances Higuain had for Argentina, they would be Copa America and World Champions.

devil in me

Is he still at odds with the fans? If so, he could be a potential new number 9, considering the lack of options on the world stage atm.

DWelbz19

Logic would suggest its not possible to sustain such a conversion rate, but I'm sure his % from last season was equally impressive. He just seems like a real clinical poacher.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just watched a video there. His link up play looked good. He can see a pass. Some of his goals though were very lucky. Granted every striker gets lucky to some degree, so maybe someone else could comment.