Max Kilman

Teja

Instant price bump to 100m only to settle at 55 and the Caf calls it a win is my prediction.

Dazzmondo

I'm a big fan of Max Kilman. If the price is reasonable I'd be happy with the signing

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Instant price bump to 100m only to settle at 55 and the Caf calls it a win is my prediction.
1) INEOS are assembling a structure to prevent us getting rinsed in the transfer market like we did previously.
2) This isn't Mason Mount. This is a CB at Wolves.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Depends on price. Need someone of his profile though to be part of the squad. especially given Martinez's injuries. Basically you need 4 CB's, Todibo, Adebariyo and Kilman to replace Maguire, Varane and Lindelof would be great business by us. But seems unrealistic we'd do 3 in 3 out at CB.
I would hope we could have cast the net a good bit further than this but it’s true that they are all younger fitter and more aggressive players and will be on much lower wages. Are they good enough though?

SparkedIntoLife

Looked on a couple of Wolves forums and they seem quite happy at this prospect. They seem to think 30/40m would be a good deal for them.

msjmohd83

I'm convinced journalist do not want United back on top , he looks average whenever i saw him play

aeh1991

Why are we suddenly linked with these mediocre CBs like Kilman or Adarabioyo? I get that Maguire and Lindelof are not good enough, but they are still better than these guys.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Why are we suddenly linked with these mediocre CBs like Kilman or Adarabioyo? I get that Maguire and Lindelof are not good enough, but they are still better than these guys.
Don't think Maguire is a bad player, just not in the team playing the way the fans want the team to play. A more defensive set up where possession isn't the be all and end all would suit him. We want a team that can keep possession.

aeh1991

Don't think Maguire is a bad player, just not in the team playing the way the fans want the team to play. A more defensive set up where possession isn't the be all and end all would suit him. We want a team that can keep possession.
Yea I understand, but then we should replace him with that kind of defenders, not old school CBs just because they are "EPL proven". I really don't understand what Adarabioyo would bring us other than that he'd be a free signing. He's quite error-prone and he didn't give me the impression of a player who is suited for possession-based football. Same with Kilman, who'd even cost some money. I'd rather keep one of Lindelof/Maguire for one more year than waste money and spot on a player that would be a downgrade. Getting Anselmino as 4th CB for example would make much more sense, as he is highly regarded.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yea I understand, but then we should replace him with that kind of defenders, not old school CBs just because they are "EPL proven". I really don't understand what Adarabioyo would bring us other than that he'd be a free signing. He's quite error-prone and he didn't give me the impression of a player who is suited for possession-based football. Same with Kilman, who'd even cost some money. I'd rather keep one of Lindelof/Maguire for one more year than waste money and spot on a player that would be a downgrade. Getting Anselmino as 4th CB for example would make much more sense, as he is highly regarded.
A lot of these stories and agents or clubs drumming up interest. We get linked to every man and his dog.

Grundig

Because that is the level of players we van afford.

Ekeke

Maguire is. The rest have performed worse than these players this season so obviously they're seen as an improvement

aeh1991

Maguire is. The rest have performed worse than these players this season so obviously they're seen as an improvement
Let them first come to United first and see how they do under this huge pressure. I'm sure Lindelof is a better player than both. And I don't even rate him.

Ekeke

Let them first come to United first and see how they do under this huge pressure. I'm sure Lindelof is a better player than both. And I don't even rate him.
They like to defend so they'll do a lot better than Lindelof

NoPace

If it's not just paper nonsense, my guess is the idea is we'll sign a LB, an expensive CB and a cheap CB and let Varane go (wages), sell Lindelof and let Kambwalla go on loan to the Champo or probably ideally to Ligue 1 to get a year of starting games before coming back to replace Evans. Malacia either stays as a 5th fullback or goes on loan or gets sold, that situation seems complicated so probably no decision has been made:

Plugging in say Bard, Todibo and Kilman just as names we've heard a lot:

24/25 season:

LB - Shaw, Bard,
RB - Dalot, AWB
LCB - Lisandro, Kilman, Evans (Shaw)
RCB - Todibo, Maguire, Evans

25/26 season, maybe AWB and Maguire go and a new RB brought in, Kambwalla comes back:

LB - Shaw, Bard,
RB - Dalot, RB
LCB - Lisandro, Kilman
RCB - Todibo, Kambwalla

and maybe a new CB if Kilman/Adarabaiayo/Kelly is more of a 5th guy than a 4th guy.