Maximin + Traore

simplyared

Both relitively young players. Maximin on the left, Traore on the right. Some attacking force that could be. Estimated cost for the two 75-80 mill.
Bearing in mind the both of them would cost less than Grealish cost city. Not a great deal of money in todays game but the prospect of a club buying both of them would certainly have a huge impact on the club. Whether it be positive or negative is another question. A team like Villa maybe?

Minkaro

Newcastle are now the richest club in the world, so they won’t be letting their best player go that cheap.

Although they could sign Traore. I wouldn’t, because I prefer players who offer more than running very fast and then doing nothing of use with the ball, but they could.

Zlatanator

Traore lacks decision-making in the final third, just like Rashford

Remember the geese

Both relitively young players. Maximin on the left, Traore on the right. Some attacking force that could be. Estimated cost for the two 75-80 mill.
Bearing in mind the both of them would cost less than Grealish cost city. Not a great deal of money in todays game but the prospect of a club buying both of them would certainly have a huge impact on the club. Whether it be positive or negative is another question. A team like Villa maybe?
Wouldn't be a great attacking force at all. The level of productivity you would get for the cost, would be underwhelming. Saint Maximin is a much better player, but still pretty average himself.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Most goals Adama Traore has ever scored in one season: 5 (in the Championship)

Most goals Allan Saint-Maximin has scored in one season: 6 (in France)

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Yes but both of them playing in poor teams. In a different set up they would score and assist a lot more.
There might be a reason they aren't playing for better teams though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is this how low people rate our players?

To replace them with that?

marktan

Not sure on Traore but for St Maximin it's a matter of playing in a poor team and poor coaching. He can dribble past players for fun, has a good shot and a good pass. If he goes somewhere like Liverpool to sub for Mane I can see his output skyrocketing. His biggest weakeness at the moment is not making the right runs, but then he barely gets to make them because the rest of that Newcastle team is so crap, with the right coaching and getting more passes in the box he'd get more goals and assists.

People like to downplay his output, but look at his and Sancho's performances yesterday and it's like night and day.

Red_toad

Both utter bluffers with almost zero actual output in terms of goals or assists.
Less then 1 goal every 10 games output and some people think they'd actually improve a decent team that needs to dictate play. Exciting to watch when counter attacking, but jeez they'd be awful at a better club.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
We’ve more pressing issues. Football in more than stepovers and acceleration

simplyared

Is this how low people rate our players?

To replace them with that?
I'm not saying we should go for them. However with that said looking at what we paid for Sancho and seeing what we've had so far I would say Maximin has contributed more to Newcastle than Sancho has to utd. And without consideration to the price tag.

Bobski

Traore is world class between the boxes, championship class in the final 3rd and is gassed after an hour. Impact sub at best at a top club.

Maxim is more talented with the ball but doesn't produce enough given how much he has it. I look at someone like Zaha and how he had been stranded at Palace for years, despite better end product than both of them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not saying we should go for them. However with that said looking at what we paid for Sancho and seeing what we've had so far I would say Maximin has contributed more to Newcastle than Sancho has to utd. And without consideration to the price tag.
Sure but I think that's the benefit if buying players from your own league isn't it?

Abraxas

I think Maximin could step up a level. Newcastle have been genuinely awful since he's been there. He's a one man attacking force at times. Perfectly reasonable to think he could add something to a team like us and up his numbers.

I think Traore is past that point now, he's played in some decent Wolves sides that are setup to counter and he's shown he can't produce often. I think he'd look even worse when we have to press the game forward and there isn't actually a lot of space.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
You could have one, but not both. Neither ae productive and fitting both in tactically would be a headache. Only way Traore could play for a big club would be as a wingback, as long as he managed his in game approach and balanced out his stamina. This is where some of his best Wolves performance have come from. As a winger he’d be a decent impact sub. Saint Max could play as a winger for a big club, but his lack of goal threat would have to be accounted for both stylistically and personnel wise. He has enough other qualities to contribute to the right side though.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Both Wolves and Newcastle should be looking for an upgrade on them.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yes but both of them playing in poor teams. In a different set up they would score and assist a lot more.
Not necessarily. The thing that separates say a Diogo Jota, Riyad Mahrez, or a Sadio Mane who have played at teams lower down the table is the fact that they simply hit G/A’s that these two haven’t at their respective clubs (and probably won’t ever).

Scoring / assisting at a consistent rate for a wide player is such a difficult skill (duh), it’s not just something you turn on with a switch when you move up the table — see Jack Grealish, who’s probably the best example — exceptionally talented dribbler and good creative player, but even at his best at Villa he just couldn’t score goals. He’s at the best side in the league and he only has 2 to show for it this season.

simplyared

You could have one, but not both. Neither ae productive and fitting both in tactically would be a headache. Only way Traore could play for a big club would be as a wingback, as long as he managed his in game approach and balanced out his stamina. This is where some of his best Wolves performance have come from. As a winger he’d be a decent impact sub. Saint Max could play as a winger for a big club, but his lack of goal threat would have to be accounted for both stylistically and personnel wise. He has enough other qualities to contribute to the right side though.
If Maximin isn't a goal threat then what is he? Got a goal out of nothing plus goal attempts against us?

RUCK4444

If Maximin isn't a goal threat then what is he? Got a goal out of nothing plus goal attempts against us?
Look where they are in the league, he was playing against us and let’s be honest we can’t even raise ourselves to turn up against bottom of the league sides in consecutive games, we are nothing short of a disgrace at the minute.

And his opponent was Dalot so he was always going to have some joy down that side, I think 70% of their attacks went down our right side within the first 35 mins.

RUCK4444

the caf would absolutely lose it's mind if Traore played for us
I’ve said before, us having Traore would be the equivalent of having kept Dan James but forcing him to lift weights and oil himself down before games…

Except Dan would score every now and then.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I think Maximin could become an elite PL player under the right manager.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Having the two of them in the same team would instantly make that team incredibly fun to watch...for a neutral. Opposition teams would absolutely hate to face them because it is so incredibly difficult to defend against either of them, but they'd also know that despite the chaos that both could inflict, chances are that they'd just ruin the end product 98% of times.

If the two of them ever really turned it on in the same game though...utter devastation. The opposition would want to wave the white flag at halftime. :lol:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
One swallow doesn't make a summer. O'Shea scored a wonderful goal against Arsenal, do you think he's a consistent goal threat?

Saint Max is wonderfully talented, he's an incredible carrier of the ball and I think he's good creatively. He's not a goalscorer though, in his last two seasons he scored 3 league goals both times. Sure he's been playing for a crap pragmatic side, and I think at a better club he could boost his numbers, but in general I don't think his playstyle is particularly equipped to be one of a goalscorer. His best abilities tend to be disrupting opposition lines, creating space, carrying the ball into the opposition third. I think he would score more at a better side, especially a more expansive one, but he's not a consistent goalscorer.

::sonny::

At least they run and do something

United players no, the absolute zero (i save only Cavani)

Schnappo

Saint-Maximin is a good ball carrier but his decision-making is woeful. Maybe it's due to the generally poor level of his teammates, but all too often I see him ignoring a pass to a teammate in space and instead opting to try and take on the entire opposition team himself. I've seen him frequently attempt dribble out of trouble on the edge of his own box. The guy just isn't an intelligent footballer. He has great close control and physical attributes, but I don't think he's got much else in his locker. I really don't think he is cut out for the top level, personally.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Traore is a fraud. Maximin looks decent when he's allowed to do whatever he wants and is a big fish in a small pond. If we signed either I'd be extremely disappointed.

Nick7

Traore is awful, really. Saint-Maximin is a fun player to watch, but will only ever amount to a player that distracts defenders away from actual goal threats if he moves to a big club.