Maximin + Traore

sillwuka

Traore offers no end product. He has found his level.

ASM, what an exciting player to watch. I feel he would perform even better in a team where the onus isn't just on him to do something every week.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Traore would be great to bring on with 20 minutes to go and rip up opponents tired defences. Not sure he’s what we need though. As for maximin, no thanks. Apart from the odd skill he’s awful. Always running down a tunnel.

Last edited:

Junkrom

Supports
Chelsea
Maximin would not have the numbers but those kind of players are a nightmare for defenders, and it opens posibilities for the rest of the squad.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Yes but both of them playing in poor teams. In a different set up they would score and assist a lot more.
Traore has played for Spain NT and been wank.

Truth is, both players benefit from playing in poor teams that sit very deep. Against a low block they would be average

KeanoMagicHat

Yes but both of them playing in poor teams. In a different set up they would score and assist a lot more.
Maybe but Traoré is an atrocious finisher. Because of that he’s probably better suited to being a wing back, better at crossing and dribbling.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Maximin doesn't deserve to be put in with Traore, he's a much better player.
Hard for Maximin to get lots of goals and assist when he plays in a poor defensive team with sometimes less than 30% possession in some games. Getting assists when his main strike partner has been Joelinton cant be easy. Plus Maximin gets doubled up on in alot of games.
Not sure that Maximin is good enough for a top four team but he's too good for Newcastle. Like Zaha i think his numbers would go up a bit in a better team.

The Irish Connection

I think they’re both really entertaining players to watch but their end product is poor like most have said.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Their both getting called bluffers and I get where that sentiment is coming from but I think maxim is a separate case to adama,whereas adama is completely devoid of technicalities such as first touch decision making a etc ( bizarre coming from a player graduated from la masia) and only having his physicality going for him and even then he's easily tired, maxim has the potential to reach new heights

We all saw glimpses of his quality last night and I've been watching him for some time and does stuff like in most of their games, I just feel he needs a better coach to take that next step in his career and then add that end product, he's still young he could be a superstar in the making

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Their both getting called bluffers and I get where that sentiment is coming from but I think maxim is a separate case to adama,whereas adama is completely devoid of technicalities such as first touch decision making a etc ( bizarre coming from a player graduated from la masia) and only having his physicality going for him and even then he's easily tired, maxim has the potential to reach new heights

We all saw glimpses of his quality last night and I've been watching him for some time and does stuff like in most of their games, I just feel he needs a better coach to take that next step in his career and then add that end product, he's still young he could be a superstar in the making
Traore is technically excellent. He has no end product, but his ability to go past players is not entirely physical. He has great ball control and is a top dribbler. He also has no brain, in footballing terms.

Ekeke

Both relitively young players. Maximin on the left, Traore on the right. Some attacking force that could be. Estimated cost for the two 75-80 mill.
Bearing in mind the both of them would cost less than Grealish cost city. Not a great deal of money in todays game but the prospect of a club buying both of them would certainly have a huge impact on the club. Whether it be positive or negative is another question. A team like Villa maybe?
Think Newcastle would be the only ones who would even want to try this as they already have Maxamin

And Traore should be well within their reach as long as they dont go down

I rate them both individually though, just maybe not as targets for United. I think Traore is good enough for someone like Sevilla who are 2nd placed in La Liga, or maybe Spurs. He's also played as a right mid/winger before. I see a lot of Antonio Valencia in him, although Valencia always wanted to dribble outside and Traore wants to come inside from the right. I think its possible he could end up a good wingback/right midfielder

And Maxamin is above that. He'd be a good signing for plenty of the top teams in the premier league I'd say, even if its just as an impact sub and he isnt able to hold down a place. But I'd imagine he can do better than that still and be a starter plenty of the time. Thing is Newcastle are never going to sell him at this point. He's their one player they should be building the club around with the new finances

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Traore is fecking useless and Maximin would drive you insane although slightly better, I’d rather throw £80 at Tottenham and get Son who is a proper player and can play both wings, upfront and be a constant threat. That’s the type of player Man Utd should strive for not run of the mill PL wingers..

mancan92

Some of you guys are funny. Where is context in your thoughts? These two play for extremely negative and defensive teams of course they don't score much ffs. Put them in a decent team and they will produce more. Whether that will be enough is a different matter. But if you look at our players they ain't producing either. The difference is they are hungry players who actually make a difference on the pitch and cause fear for the opposition. How many of our players can actually do that? When was the last time rashford actually caused consistent problems all game?

Traore is not a top player, he's just a pace merchant with no end product. He's lucky to be in the PL.

Maximin actually has something. Under a top manager he could be a decent player.

The Original

Having the two of them in the same team would instantly make that team incredibly fun to watch...for a neutral. Opposition teams would absolutely hate to face them because it is so incredibly difficult to defend against either of them, but they'd also know that despite the chaos that both could inflict, chances are that they'd just ruin the end product 98% of times.

If the two of them ever really turned it on in the same game though...utter devastation. The opposition would want to wave the white flag at halftime. :lol:

St Maximin really does not deserve this tag of being a wasteful player - just watch Newcastle a bit more. He's a clean passer with a decent shot, and the right ideas. In a team where he wasn't the main man he would thrive

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
St Maximin really does not deserve this tag of being a wasteful player - just watch Newcastle a bit more. He's a clean passer with the right ideas. In a team where he wasn't the main man he would thrive
I agree, a lot of the comments about him being wasteful, or braindead etc seem off the mark to me. I think he's clever with his movement on the ball, has a creative mind, and I think in a better side would be able to elevate those around him in a supportive role.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Traore is technically excellent. He has no end product, but his ability to go past players is not entirely physical. He has great ball control and is a top dribbler. He also has no brain, in footballing terms.
There is more to technique though? Yes he's great in that department even world class but everything else? Horrific

Redlyn

Anyone who says we should sign Traore should be instantly demoted in my opinion. Just suggesting it is annoying.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

ASM is a less talented, less productive version of Nani.

This fan base would rip him to shreds if he ever play for us, after the initial excitement wears off.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
from a Villa fan PoV, I'd 100 times out of 100 keep Bertrand Traore over re-signing Adama Traore. Adama has zero end product and we saw him relatively quiet at the championship level. Bertrand probably produced more goal/assist contributions last season than Adama has recently
Overrated

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
ASM is a less talented, less productive version of Nani.

This fan base would rip him to shreds if he ever play for us, after the initial excitement wears off.
0 IQ, can't do basics except dribbling, runs into blind alley and all the same nonsense posted in other threads.

When players like ASM creates a dangerous move and ends up not creating, as an opponent we are scared and relived, so we appreciate how dangerous he was.

If ManUtd player does that, we will be excited and disappointed, which means we moan about his decision making.

Anyways would love to see ASM play for us, one of the most exciting player in the league.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Both utter bluffers with almost zero actual output in terms of goals or assists.
My thoughts exactly.

How people still rate these two speed merchants is beyond me. This ain't FIFA 22 and the "they don't play for a top team hence their low output" BS excuse just makes me laugh.

0 footballing IQ, terrible decision making, they just live off their pace and muscles. They're both exactly where they should be and there's a reason why no top club was ever interested in signing them. I predict a very short career in the PL for both of them once their physical attributes are gone.

Utter tossers.

Last edited:

youmeletsfly

So you basically want to replace Rashford with two more average Rashfords? This is not fifa mate.

simplyared

My thoughts exactly.

How people still rate these two speed merchants is beyond me. This ain't FIFA 22 and the "they don't play for a top team hence their low output" BS excuse just makes me laugh.

0 footballing IQ, terrible decision making, they just live off their pace and muscles. They're both exactly where they should be and there's a reason why no top club was ever interested in signing them. I predict a very short career in the PL for both of them once their physical attributes are gone.

Utter tossers.
What a load of bollocks!

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
What a load of bollocks!
Whatever, mate.

Joke's on you if you think that these two are top 4 material and having both of them simultaneously on the wings would lead to a massive, premature fan baldness.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is this the only forum where Traoré is taken remotely seriously? I've always felt his whole charade was a satire at the street football culture.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
For the rumored 20M price tag, no brainer for Newcastle to bring him on board. Maximin + Traore on both wings is good to watch for sure! It is better for him to join Spurs or Liverpool though. He needs a good coach.

Trequarista10

Traore would probably be more useful as a wing back, not sure why Wolves didn't persist with that. Probably at his level though, perhaps a team would take a punt on him if he was cheap as a wildcard option from the bench, or if they are fully committed to turning him into a wing back (Conte?).

Saint Max is entertaining as hell to watch, probably at the right club. His stats aren't that bad considering. He's more comparable to Zaha than Traore, and his G+A per minute is fairly comparable with Zaha too.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Traore would probably be more useful as a wing back, not sure why Wolves didn't persist with that. Probably at his level though, perhaps a team would take a punt on him if he was cheap as a wildcard option from the bench, or if they are fully committed to turning him into a wing back (Conte?).

Saint Max is entertaining as hell to watch, probably at the right club. His stats aren't that bad considering. He's more comparable to Zaha than Traore, and his G+A per minute is fairly comparable with Zaha too.
Apparenty he was absolutely abysmal there, per the Wolves fans I’ve spoken to, which answers your question.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not sure on Traore but for St Maximin it's a matter of playing in a poor team and poor coaching. He can dribble past players for fun, has a good shot and a good pass. If he goes somewhere like Liverpool to sub for Mane I can see his output skyrocketing. His biggest weakeness at the moment is not making the right runs, but then he barely gets to make them because the rest of that Newcastle team is so crap, with the right coaching and getting more passes in the box he'd get more goals and assists.

People like to downplay his output, but look at his and Sancho's performances yesterday and it's like night and day.
Well, to be fair to Sancho, he's also dealing with playing in a poor team with poor coaching and he hasn't been on that team for as long as St. Maximin.