Mbappe vs Rashford - Taking the L from Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Top speed isn't that relevant, I agree with you here.
It's acceleration that matters the most and Rashford has Greenwood beat in this aspect.

This was actually measured in training instead so ideal conditions compared to a match statistic. It had Dalot with the highest top speed, followed by Lukaku, Chong and Rashford. Which makes sense due to all of them being tall and having a long stride. So speed statistics mean little.

Regarding Mbappe vs Rashford, as a neutral I can't say which one is better. Both have the right competitive attitude which I like and both work hard to improve their game. I feel Mbappe is more reliant on his pace and Rashford has more tools in his locker, long shots, heading, perhaps even dribbling.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
This lad might very well end up being single handedly responsible for jettisoning the Tories out of power come the next GE.

What he’s doing off the pitch is nothing short of remarkable. Hopefully more football clubs and businesses take up the initiative.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mbappe is a top player imo. I can understand people were moaning about Sancho but Mbappe is different level to Sancho. The guy won World Cup and performed very well in that tournament I believe, he wasn't just passenger or support type of player in the XI.

I think his game will improve and he will develop more if he wants to get out from his safe zone (ligue 1). Play in La Liga or PL, more pressure and be more competitive will improve his mentality game especially in big match. Rashford is playing in tougher league so he got used to rise his game in high stake of match. Mbappe needs to move away from that farmers league.

TheReligion

Abusive
Do we still have people who think Rashford is in same level as Mbappe let alone better?
We still think he’s better than Lukaku as per the thread title.

Really any need to bump this? we all know he’s dropped significantly over the past 12 months.

There’s a performance thread all about it

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
People doubted Mbappe a fair bit here. Wonder why no one doubts Haaland that way at all and constantly hypes him up?

I mean if anything Mbappe had always shown and proven way more in the big stage than Haaland, so what's the reason?

I would guess it's the eccentric interviews, childish behaviour and the mentality BS which leads people to massively overrate certain players.....

Haaland has never had to deal with any of those doubts at all from this forum.

tothetop96

People doubted Mbappe a fair bit here. Wonder why no one doubts Haaland that way at all and constantly hypes him up?

I mean if anything Mbappe had always shown and proven way more in the big stage than Haaland, so what's the reason?

I would guess it's the eccentric interviews, childish behaviour and the mentality BS which leads people to massively overrate certain players.....

Probably because of Mbappes 0.6 gpg in Champions League vs Haaland's 1.15.

Overall Mbappes has 0.76 gpg for PSG while Haaland has almost exactly 1 (~1.013) for Dortmund.

His stats are better so less to doubt

Last edited:

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Because Bundesliga is rated significantly higher than Ligue 1 by most people quite simply

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why kick a man (and his fans) when he's down?

Jackal981

This thread will go down as one of the most baffling and funniest when we look back in 5 years time.

EtH

I still doubt Mbappe’s technique and ability to do it at a top club in a top league. He is mostly a pace merchant and one of the most overrated players I’ve ever seen. Haaland is on another level as a footballer and a striker. Which is another issue… Mbappe’s ego. He should be playing from wide but is convinced he’s a striker despite the fact that he can’t provide the holdup / interplay required of that position.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

Overall Mbappes has 0.76 gpg for PSG while Haaland has almost exactly 1 (~1.013) for Dortmund.

Stats aren't everything.

My grandma can read Wikipedia stats, while never watching a football game in her whole life and say the exact same thing

Mbappé is clearly the better player, he doesn't need to be assisted, he can create his own chances if his team is playing like shit, because he can dribble, unlike Haaland.

Mbappé reminds me the likes of Henry and R9, Haaland looks more like Ruud Van Nistelrooy, a hell of an striker but he needed to be assisted and depended more of his physical strength than his dribble/technical skills.

I don't need to read stats to see who is the better player, i watch football matches.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I still doubt Mbappe’s technique and ability to do it at a top club in a top league. He is mostly a pace merchant and one of the most overrated players I’ve ever seen. Haaland is on another level as a footballer and a striker. Which is another issue… Mbappe’s ego. He should be playing from wide but is convinced he’s a striker despite the fact that he can’t provide the holdup / interplay required of that position.
One of the most ridiculous post i've read on this forum.

Here's a gift from the "pace merchant" :

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

Mbappé has more pressure to become the best player in the world, he is french. Given France's history in football people will expect more from him, because of his nationality.

Haaland is norwegian, when was the last time a norwegian was even close to be top 5 in the world? I don't remember, the Flo brothers, Carew, and OGS, as great as they were, they were never considered Balloon D'or material.
Probably this is why he gets more lenient comments when he has bad games, less expectations due to his nationality.
Same applies for national team, Mbappé has more pressure to deliver for France, if Norway don't qualify for World Cup or Euro it's just a normal day for the norwegian national team.

Stats aside Mbappé is the better player overall, i value very high strikers that can create their own chances and score when team is playing like shit, and don't rely so much on being assisted or team being dominant.

Last edited:

EtH

One of the most ridiculous post i've read on this forum.

Here's a gift from the "pace merchant" :

Right one pass and that’s me proven wrong then. Daft response. How bout we wait until he does or doesn’t do it in a proper league to judge him. Comparisons to Henry and R9 in this thread but my post is ridiculous. Sure.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Right one pass and that’s me proven wrong then. Daft response. How bout we wait until he does or doesn’t do it in a proper league to judge him. Comparisons to Henry and R9 in this thread but my post is ridiculous. Sure.
Mbappé have done it in the CL as well.

The comparison with Henry it's fair, and i do think Mbappé is better than Henry at his age.

The solely idea of thinking that Haaland is a better a footballer overall than Mbappé is ridiculous, Haaland repertory outside of the small box looks very short compared to Mbappé.

And Bundesliga is not much better than Ligue 1 right now, the only thing holding Bundesliga coefficient it's Bayern Munich, the rest of german teams have been sucking for at least 3-4 years, which includes Dortmund that just got battered by Rangers, home and away, yes the second best german team got battered by an scottish team that isn't even leading scottish league.

You are the first person i read here that believes Haaland is a better footballer overall than Mbappé.
Some have said he is a better goalscorer, which might be true cause the norwegian it's more accurate in front on goal, but that doesn't make Haaland a better footballer overall.

The only things in what Haaland is better than Mbappé it's goalscoring and headers, for the rest(dribbling, pace, passing,etc) i take Mbappé.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mbappé has more pressure to become the best player in the world, he is french. Given France's history in football people will expect more from him, because of his nationality.

Haaland is norwegian, when was the last time a norwegian was even close to be top5 best in the world? I don't remember, the Flo brothers, Carew, anx OGS, as great as they were, they were never considered Balloon D'or material, not even at their peak.
Probably this is why he has more lenient comments when he doesn't deliver, less expectations due to nationality.
Same applies for national team, Mbappé has more pressure to deliver in France, if Norway don't qualify for World Cup or Euro it's just a normal day for the norwegian national team.

Stats aside Mbappé is the better player overall, i value very high strikers that can create their own chances and score when team is playing like shit, and don't rely so much on being assisted or team being dominant.
Forget nationality, 180m at 18 years old is all the pressure you need. He's handled it remarkably well. Haaland won't have a huge price tag, but there's still going to be massive pressure on him when he makes his next move, but I really don't worry much about these two's mentality, they seem rock-solid.

Last edited:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
These replies have basically proven my point. People saying Mbappe is technically limited but hyping up Haaland. Wtf?
This is exactly what I was talking about.

Mbappe is far better technically than Haaland.

Some people have clearly not watched Haaland play. :lol:

Mbappe started very young and also has many assists. Look at the overall package.

Because Bundesliga is rated significantly higher than Ligue 1 by most people quite simply
I agree its a better league. But Mbappe has never really shied away from the big stage. More often than not, he's done well.

You've got to be kidding me!

Mbappe is much better technically and much more complete.

If you doubt his technical ability then you shouldn't even be hyping the inferior Haaland.

Haaland is norwegian, when was the last time a norwegian was even close to be top5 best in the world? I don't remember, the Flo brothers, Carew, anx OGS, as great as they were, they were never considered Balloon D'or material, not even at their peak.
Probably this is why he has more lenient comments when he doesn't deliver, less expectations due to nationality.
Same applies for national team, Mbappé has more pressure to deliver in France, if Norway don't qualify for World Cup or Euro it's just a normal day for the norwegian national team.

Spot on. Great post.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Mbappe has peach technique I dunno from where you got his technical ability being poor. He is like young Cristiano.

Jackal981

Can we change the title into Mbappe vs Haaland :lol: . Mbappe is better player however I think Haaland would suits us more. Imagine how many goals he could bury just from the last few games. We are so wasteful in front of goal it is comical. Plus he would link up beautifully with Sancho. If I had to choose for us it would be Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.