McTominay signed new contract - 2025 + option to extend for 1 year

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

We are delighted to announce that Scott McTominay has signed a new contract, which will keep him at the club until June 2025, with the option to extend for a further year.
Scott, 23, is a product of our famed Academy and has been at the club since 2012. He made his senior debut in 2017 against Arsenal and has gone on to make 75 appearances for the first team, scoring 6 goals. He is also a full Scotland International.
Scott said:

“Whilst I understand that we all have so many other things to think about at the moment, I’m so happy to sign this contract and play a part in the future ahead for this team.

“All I have ever known is United and I hope that my passion for the club shows every time I go onto the pitch. I’ll continue to give everything for this club whenever I pull on the shirt.

“I want to thank the manager for the faith he has shown in me and everyone at the club that has helped me to get where I am today. I’m looking forward to finishing this season on a high and hopefully achieving our aims.”
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer added:

“Scott has done tremendously well since I joined and has been a vital part of our midfield. He brings determination, tenacity and skill to the game and we know that Scott’s attributes will be a major asset to the squad over the coming years.

“As we always say the Academy is the bedrock of the club and having come through the system everyone knows that Scott has shown the exact mentality that you need to succeed at Manchester United. I look forward to seeing his continued improvement in the years to come.”
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

MetoTTT

Great news. I hope he'll make the next step soon and be a long term starter and leader here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well deserved. Come on leap and bounds in the last 2 years and is proving to be a real on pitch general.

United through and through.

Raw

Deserved, been fantastic this season and should be a great player in the years to come.

Zlatattack

Excellent news, he's been good for us this season and hopefully he'll get better and better.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Brilliant news - Angel next :rolleyes:

TheReligion

Abusive
Good news. Much improved player and will be useful for us. I appreciate some complain about his overall level but ever team needs players like this to keep it together.

Nickelodeon

Let's hope he builds up on the good start and becomes indispensable to the squad. It was good to see him get some goals this season. He is more likely to be a Pogba replacement/rotation alternative than a Matic one. Let's hope he's played that way.

Reds fever

Didn't he sign new contract recently.But great news, i see a potential good dm for years.

Irrational.

He may not be the most talented midfielder we have, but you can't deny his heart and passion for the club. He's fearless and has leadership qualities. He'll be an asset to us moving forward for sure.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Great to hear. Very well deserved. Love his attitude and he is improving all the time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Club has been giving him a new 5 year deal every year basically, which seems odd to me.

Skills

Snitch
Club has been giving him a new 5 year deal every year basically, which seems odd to me.
I guess he's gone from reserves, prospect to a regular first team player in the last 3 years. So he's getting a payrise to match his current value in the team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I guess he's gone from reserves, prospect to a regular first team player in the last 3 years. So he's getting a payrise to match his current value in the team.
Yea that makes sense. It’s just something that I don’t recall seeing before is all. Especially at the length. I think I remember Ronaldo signing a few contracts in a short space, but they were just pay rises, not an extension year on year.

Skills

Snitch
Yea that makes sense. It’s just something that I don’t recall seeing before is all. Especially at the length. I think I remember Ronaldo signing a few contracts in a short space, but they were just pay rises, not an extension year on year.
Well the extension is usually for the clubs benefit. The longer the contract the more control they have on his future. So if the club are going to give him a payrise in good faith, they'll want the added year.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo got extensions too though.

dalriada

Excellent news. Now get him a proper number!
Ha! Apart from 11, I
Excellent news. Now get him a proper number!
Ha! The lowest number apart from 11 would be 19, which was Rashford and Welbeck before that, unless 16 becomes vacant when Rojo leaves. Otherwise he could have 27, which was Fellaini! Anyway, excellent news even if unexpected. We need players with his spirit and positivity.

stu_1992

Great news. Certainly the type of player we need to get tied down as they are thr lifeblood of the squad. Will he always be a first tram regular? Perhaps not but he'll always have an important role and make an impact. He's already surpassed any expectations I had for him is hopefully he can go on to bigger and better things from here. We'll deserved.

RUCK4444

Glad Scott has signed, but had the notification from the club on the app and was so hoping the ‘key midfielder’ they mentioned was Pogba :(

Morpheus 7

The exact mentality we need, he'll only get better. He'll be important to us in the crunch side of winning important games.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We (Everton) have been doing this recently with our players too and I think it's great. It a) Shows players that if they work hard then they will get the rewards b) Gives players an incentive to work hard/potentially want to stay at the club because they see the rewards they can get if they do c) Players who don't play for the club can see from the outside that people who play for us get rewarded which might give them an incentive to join the club.

Mike Smalling

Good stuff. Not exactly unexpected, as he seems really committed to the club, but still nice. You can never get enough players with McTominator's attitude!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We (Everton) have been doing this recently with our players too and I think it's great. It a) Shows players that if they work hard then they will get the rewards b) Gives players an incentive to work hard/potentially want to stay at the club because they see the rewards they can get if they do c) Players who don't play for the club can see from the outside that people who play for us get rewarded which might give them an incentive to join the club.
Yea, I can see the merit in it, although I suspect younger players have clauses of sorts in their contracts that trigger reviews. I’m not sure how practical it is to be extending contracts annually as a matter of protocol.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm very happy with this, Scott has a role to play for us in the coming years for sure.

hubbuh

Good stuff! What sort of packet do we reckon he'll be on now then? £100,000k p/w? More?

Needham

I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this. I've got no problem with this.

EwanI Ted

Great. He's developing really well. He stepped up this season, if he continues to improve then, he'll be a mainstay in the team for the length of that contract.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Good stuff! What sort of packet do we reckon he'll be on now then? £100,000k p/w? More?
The Athletic posted a piece on Wan-Bissaka yesterday and mentioned his salary was 80k. I imagine Scott would be in a similar bracket, considering their experience, age and squad role. Maybe a bit less.