Meaningless Social Media PR Wall of Shame

sugar_kane

Same old shite after every game.

You’d think the companies who are paid to run these Twitter accounts might have picked up on the prevailing sentiment against this kind of meaningless crap.

De Gea (or his PR people at least) in particular does my head in, it’s constantly “not good enough, must do better” - he seems to think because he’s pulled off a few decent saves this season he’s some exemplar of high standards. He’s still a liability in his overall play.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What are they supposed to say though? They kick around a football, they're not paid for their oratory skills.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
De Gea said we are cursed by black magic. That kind of PR i watch football for

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Or just "was shit that."

clarkydaz

The situation needs to improve, and fast. This calms me somewhat they are monitoring the situation

AndySmith1990

Rather they sad nothing than come out with generic rubbish that sounds like it was written by a bland and robotic PR assistant

rk4utd

I apologise for taking you mugs for 250k a week for 4-5 years of nothingness but hope it won’t stop the club awarding me and my fellow ‘professionals’ another bumper contract when the time comes….

croadyman

Rather they sad nothing than come out with generic rubbish that sounds like it was written by a bland and robotic PR assistant
Yeah just shut your mouths on twitter or whatever and do your talking on the pitch for a change

sugar_kane

The Sancho one is funny in its own way and quite typical of a lot of player social media

Text = let’s try harder, so disappointed etc
Images = look I scored a goal!

Part of the reason for starting this thread is a critique of the PR men rather than the players, most of whom I expect play no part in these posts.

These people are meant to be experts in their field with their finger on the pulse, yet they haven’t clocked that most fans think this sort of thing is complete shite.

Cloud7

What are they supposed to say though? They kick around a football, they're not paid for their oratory skills.
I would genuinely rather they say nothing. Do the talking on the field. I don’t think there’s a single fan who feels any sense of consolation when they see these posts. They’re just annoying and feel like self flagellating from the players/their PR people.

The world won’t end if you don’t make a post on social media for a few days. You’re not going to stop being relevant.

big rons sovereign

Same old shite after every game.

You’d think the companies who are paid to run these Twitter accounts might have picked up on the prevailing sentiment against this kind of meaningless crap.

De Gea (or his PR people at least) in particular does my head in, it’s constantly “not good enough, must do better” - he seems to think because he’s pulled off a few decent saves this season he’s some exemplar of high standards. He’s still a liability in his overall play.
It must be bollock renderingly frustrating as a defender to turn round and see him shivering on his line as an attacker bears down on goal.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Nothing..?
"Fans outrage as players refuse to comment on ongoing poor form - Are they hiding from responsibility?"

Id be willing to bet my house that a headline in this fashion would appear either on Redcafe or in one of the news outlets.

As long as the players have a social media profile, they cant win regardless of what they do. Say nothing and they are hiding, comment and they need to shut up.

Personally Im in the boat of "I know they didnt write this so I dont care". Everyone here knows that this was written by some rando guy in a PR firm, so why give it any afterthought, its not from the players themselves

I’m loving my life

Have these clowns got social media presence contract clauses to bring in more clicks and money to put to the dividends? That’s the only feasible explanation for the unrelenting drivel which they keep spraying everywhere.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
The worst part is that they don't even write that themselves.
It's a 40 years old tech guy(who never kicked a ball in his whole life) writing everything.

Imagine the players taking a sh1t, while calling their PR manager :

Footballer : "Hey George(IT guy), the twitt needs to be very empathetic, be sure to add a photo of me with a sad face, so the fans can feel how sorry i am, despite being shit for years"

George : "What about this photo? Good?"

Footballer: " Nah, i don't like that one, my hair looks like shit, pick one where i look great and sad at the same time, the fans need to feel my pain and admire my looks at the same time"

This sums up modern football.

shaky

I've no problem with De Gea saying it's not good enough. He's in the same boat as we are, stuck helplessly watching the outfield players fail to deliver week after week. I'm glad he's happy to call them out in public. Everyone else can get stuffed though.

CallyRed

Just a sad face emoji after every bad performance/result would be suffice.

Dan_F

If you don’t like it just unfollow the players, it really is that simple. Its not like you’re going to miss anything exciting as on the rare occasion something like that happens, it will be discussed in here, or retweeted onto your timeline anyway.

It’s not going anywhere, it will be written into most players contracts that they have to do certain amounts of engagement on social media.

Nickelodeon

They would have a ready template which begins with “Not the result we wanted”

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It must be bollock renderingly frustrating as a defender to turn round and see him shivering on his line as an attacker bears down on goal.
DDG has had a great season, so I'm not sure why you're having a go at him instead of the defence.

izzydiggler

I used to work in Comms many years ago...every CEO message was written by about 8 people with numerous reviews etc. I'd wager most of the players don't even see what 'they' are putting out.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They’d be better off not saying anything, admitting that their accounts are run purely for marketing purposes by other people and they’d prefer to keep their private lives private. I’d have a lot more respect for them.

Withnail

What's more tedious is people giving out about the players tweets their shadowy 'PR teams'. There's no point following these lads on SM, so why bother?

There's plenty of actual reasons to be upset at the club right now.

big rons sovereign

DDG has had a great season, so I'm not sure why you're having a go at him instead of the defence.
He's not though has he, he's made some great saves but still refuses to leave his line. It's a huge problem for a goalkeeper and teams exploit it time and time again.

Speako

It would be truly brilliant if for a refreshing change, someone like Bruno posted “Does Captain Caveman not realise you’re allowed to tackle if you want” or “GOAT? Give me a break” or “Walcott, every time Walcott” . I’d love that .

Oranges038

Hollow lame apologies, only to do the same shite the next game.

fastwalker

A crude form of psychological manipulation. These silly statements are written by social media officers. I know people that write this nonsense on behalf of players. I never read this stuff. Total nonsense.