Media Thread

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It may gone under the radar, but this has to be a moronic choice by Don Lemon.

He should have been better off doing an independent podcast rather than grovel in front of the true enemies of (responsibe) free speech.
He's keeping the bad choices coming.

RedDevilQuebecois

I already wrote my reaction about Mike Lee's comment in the "Low IQ Republicans" thread. This dead sleeping at the wheel incident led an American serviceman being originally convicted for 3 years (or at least 32 months) in a Japanese prison before he was extradited after 1 year and then released 30 days after the extradition. However, I was baffled to find this tweet by Jake Tapper while I was digging on the topic.

F*ck you, Jake. :mad:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I already wrote my reaction about Mike Lee's comment in the "Low IQ Republicans" thread. This dead sleeping at the wheel incident led an American serviceman being originally convicted for 3 years (or at least 32 months) in a Japanese prison before he was extradited after 1 year and then released 30 days after the extradition. However, I was baffled to find this tweet by Jake Tapper while I was digging on the topic.

F*ck you, Jake. :mad:
Like this will have the next US prisioner in japan to be extradited

Or probably they told japan what they would do if it would be extradited. Because if not it would be pissing in japan's mouth

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My mom is in the Baltimore TV market and when you watch the local news, it's obvious that fox45 is getting orders to slant the news. Their coverage of the Baltimore mayor (young black man) is completely different than the other 2 stations I watch.
How dare you insinuate that those fine, patriotic, and unbiased people at (checks internet) Sinclair Broadcasting ... you know what, never mind, you nailed it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My mom is in the Baltimore TV market and when you watch the local news, it's obvious that fox45 is getting orders to slant the news. Their coverage of the Baltimore mayor (young black man) is completely different than the other 2 stations I watch.
Probably in the Sinclair Media stable.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Chris Cuomo interviews Jackson Hinkle?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Piers invites Shmuley and Cenk on to argue about Israel, then at 32 minutes, he abruptly brings on Shmuley's daughter to promote her sex toy business.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Piers invites Shmuley and Cenk on to argue about Israel, then at 32 minutes, he abruptly brings on Shmuley's daughter to promote her sex toy business.

That was one of the bizzarest thing I have ever seen on TV. What the heck was point of that? :lol:
Cenk facial expression at the end was priceless.

Mike Smalling

At approx. 33:30.

Piers: "What are you biggest selling product lines?"
Cenk (in the background): "Can I leave now?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
At approx. 33:30.

Piers: "What are you biggest selling product lines?"
Cenk (in the background): "Can I leave now?"

:lol::lol::lol:
:lol: I can't imagine he knew part of the deal for Shmuley to agree to come on was to give his daughter a platform to promote her sex toy business.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
And it continues. Media companies bending over backwards to create a 50/50 both sides argument as if both sides have equally valid points. Gross.
Some of these media companies would sign Goebbels to achieve that

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
And it continues. Media companies bending over backwards to create a 50/50 both sides argument as if both sides have equally valid points. Gross.
So you, in your wisdom, have decided that if a point that doesn't align with what you think isn't valid but gross?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So you, in your wisdom, have decided that if a point that doesn't align with what you think isn't valid but gross?
So overthrowing democracy via a coup should be valid and respected just because it doesn't "align"? how is that respectable and worthy to have a voice?

Lets give 50% professor tenures to flat earthers anti vaxxers too

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
So overthrowing democracy via a coup should be valid and respected just because it doesn't "align"? how is that respectable and worthy to have a voice?

Lets give 50% professor tenures to flat earthers anti vaxxers too
Well if you're abandoning the first amendment can we get rid of the second one as well?

The whole point of a democracy is you can say it and support it and then face the legal consequencies if you break the law

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Well if you're abandoning the first amendment can we get rid of the second one as well?

The whole point of a democracy is you can say it and support it and then face the legal consequencies if you break the law
Point me to the bit in the first amendment where it says that private companies must treat all opinions as equals, or the specific clause that demands a platform is provided by the same.

Congress isn't making a law here.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

What has the 1st amendment to do with giving a platform to spread BS around? I am not saying to forbid your speech. I am saying that if you pretend to have a respectable news outlet, you should contract respected professionals. And a person that is in favour of what happened in January 6 spreading lies, don't strikes me like someone that should be in a national newspaper payroll

The same like than ex-IDF spreading lies of what happen in Israel via NYT.

The same as a person that spreads lies about the earth being flat. You let them talk BS in his bar. You don't put them in a Harvard symposium against a reputable Scientist

At the end of the day, a private company can do what they see fit (see Fox, Newsmax) but then we will treat their credibility as they deserve. That is not curtailing freedom of speech, that is asking for seriousness in spreading information

GiddyUp

feck MSNBC. In 2016 I watched them air 40 minutes of an empty podium waiting on trump while a thumbnail of a muted Clinton was placed in the corner giving an actual campaign speech at that moment. Absolute cocksuckers.
Every fecking morning Joe and Mika had trump on while they creamed their pants on his opinion of Hillary's emails.
Political media stateside is equivalent to the football journalists in England. Full of themselves and absolute cnuts. Chris Hayes seems like a straight shooter and well researched though. Other than that it's just talking heads, but, and it's a big but, it is useful to stay informed. Especially when Steve Kornacki is on air.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
feck MSNBC. In 2016 I watched them air 40 minutes of an empty podium waiting on trump while a thumbnail of a muted Clinton was placed in the corner giving an actual campaign speech at that moment. Absolute cocksuckers.
Every fecking morning Joe and Mika had trump on while they creamed their pants on his opinion of Hillary's emails.
Political media stateside is equivalent to the football journalists in England. Full of themselves and absolute cnuts. Chris Hayes seems like a straight shooter and well researched though. Other than that it's just talking heads, but, and it's a big but, it is useful to stay informed. Especially when Steve Kornacki is on air.
CNN, despite all its faults, is still comfortably better during election years imo.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
CNN, despite all its faults, is still comfortably better during election years imo.
Absolutely. Also, we get CNN International here and it's definitely one of the better channels and often features very informative reports from different countries around the world. It's completely different than the US cable show which we also get here in the UK.

As for the Rhona Daniels kerfuffle. I'm kind of split in a way. I think it's important to highlight feckwits and their crazy conspiracies or completely unstable views. They need to be challenged and made to look as batshit as they really are. However, at the same time if they aren't handled appropriately and instead given a platform to spread those views then they definitely do more harm than good and are incredibly dangerous. The BBC has often got this wrong, especially on Question Time where they get loons on and often pander to them or tip toe around things not being pushed hard enough or countered properly. This often ends up leaving them able to shout louder and disrupt or completely destroy any valid and reasonable argument against them.

The trouble is, to truly be (and I hate quoting Fox) fair and balanced, sensible and honest debate and questioning is imperative. The conspiracies and hateful rhetoric need to be slapped down hard, not left unchallenged which ultimately ends in the further spreading of their crazy bullshit.