Memphis Depay | Atletico player

Dolf

I hope he becomes a worldclass player and signs for city to make a hattrick against us in the champions league final. We're fekking stupid for selling him.

macheda14

I hope he becomes a worldclass player and signs for city to make a hattrick against us in the champions league final. We're fekking stupid for selling him.
Buy back clause. We have a buy back clause. So shush your face

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Okay mate. :houllier:

JON.B

Sloop
Fantastic goal, often thought the criticism he got was a little unjustified considering the amount of consistent playing time he was given.

Dolf

Buy back clause. We have a buy back clause. So shush your face
No, we have a first buy clause. Who says a club won't come for him this summer? We're def not buying him back then, so there goes our clause. Should have loaned him out...

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
You won't become liked here if you become a full member.

PogbaUnited

Even though it's a good goal, let's not jump the bandwagon. Memphis wasn't good enough. He had a low football IQ and wasn't a good dribbler in tight areas and couldn't strike the ball properly at our team.

Just because he's scoring some goals, people forget how hopeless he often was. Even when we was subbed in, after 5 minutes, he barely couldn't breathe and didn't track back.

Glad we got rid of him. Clearly not good enough and Lyon is his level.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Dunno why people have to be so sour, it's just nice to see him doing well.

Over simplify it and talk about his level until you're blue in the face, very childish way of looking at things.

Steven7290

This is why I don't understand every time I saw him play for us. The boy has talent and potential, not a great deal but he has it. How he managed to look completely clueless all the time on the pitch for us is beyond me.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Memphis is way too big to play top level football for a start. He needs to lose the muscle.

Water Melon

Glad to see Memphis doing well for Lyon. Long it may continue. Were we right to sell him? Yes. He looked hopeless here. Can we buy him back? Yes. Both parties are happy and satisfied, so why not just enjoy that lovely goal?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
WTF is this shit?

izec

Glad to have you back NLmax, dont be so bitter please.

Stacks

Confidence is a big thing. Bafetimbi fecking Gomis has 16 goals in Ligue 1 this season and apart from 5 games a season he's looked like a donkey for Swansea.
Yes good old confidence. All leagues across Europe have no palpable difference in standards. The difference maker is confidence of the players. Gomis is and always was top drawer striker. England sucked the confidence out of him

Stacks

Confidence is massive, he always had talent. It's crazy how players get judged purely on their time for us. If the situation isn't right it can ruin any player.

Anyone badmouthing Pogba should sit up and take notice.
Right situation? if by that you mean playing weaker opposition week in week out, having no pressure or expectancy, then the situation at United need only be reserved for top players. Thank you

Gopher Brown

Ha. fecking hell.

Remember, Charlie Adam scored from the halfway line too.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Me too, and I hope SAF has come out of retirement to manage them. That would show us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This the one?

EDIT - Seems to be same goal Damien posted so apparently so.

Beautiful strike which takes a lot of confidence and chutzpah simply to attempt.

How does he know the keeper is off the line. From what I can see, he does not look in the GK's direction during the entire passage of play?

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Wonder how good he'd be if he got the same chances Martial did out of the left.

Borden

Wonder how good he'd be if he got the same chances Martial did out of the left.
He got plenty of chances under LvG and didn't deliver. In fact he barely showed anything, if he had then maybe there'd be an argument for giving him more time. Martial did deliver (even if he's had a difficult second season).

PoTMS

Strange how he's back to his PSV levels at Lyon. Big fish small pond syndrome.

Smudge

Move over Welbeck. Time for Depay to show Redcafe what we are 'missing out' on.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Strange how he's back to his PSV levels at Lyon. Big fish small pond syndrome.
One word, confidence.

He would never have tried that last season.

Hammerfell

I can't wait to read about how stupid we were for selling him despite him never taking the opportunities that were presented to him here.