Memphis Depay | PSV confirm deal with Man Utd is agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

Hard to know what to make of this really, we have maybe just asked to be kept informed safe in the knowledge if someone else bids for him then we can just swoop in and grab him, in the mean time we just keep our options (Bale) open, although that can't be good for Depay knowing he is second choice, or maybe he's just not as good as he has looked and LvG knows it.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
This was the only signing I was confident of, and even this is looking unlikely now :lol:
Why? There's been no news at all in the last couple of days (Thijs Slegers recently became father and is off work). As it stands we could still easily get him, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

SqueakyWeasel

Amazing! Some random Dutch agent mentions Depay and 'pool in the same sentence; the Sun picks up on it and runs a short story; once great sport papers like the Telegraph then run the Sun story as if it's fact.

Welcome to 2015 … this is gonna be one long summer!

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Express saying we're letting Nani go and are closing in on a deal with Depay.

Mister Ed

On dutch soccer forum I've read that Depay has told Liverpool he doesn't want to join them and he made that decision after having hold several talks with the club. Article also says he doesn't want to join PSG and told them no. They claim Depay has chosen Manchester United and is waiting for us to make an offer PSV for him.

They are quoting the sun as a source so it definitely is not what you'd call reliable. This website just runs with rumours. But it is one that I tend to believe and haven't read on here yet.

I think Depay wants to join us, we haven't made a formal offer yet but have informed about the availability of the player with PSV. A price I have seen quoted in a lot of articles is €30m (dunno how many £ that is atm).Could be Depay is a back-up option for us and we are just stalling but also could be we are confident about the situation and not in a rush to get the deal done (which might be why his agency is trying to put some pressure on the deal by linking him up with Liverpool and PSG etc). I think we know Depay has chosen us as his favorite destination, probably was already agreed last summer and because of that we aren't in a rush to complete the deal. After all it is still may and the transfer window is closed so need to rush things especially because we are probably looking at other positions and targets aswell.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
FWIW Jamie Jackson said we're confident of signing Depay in a piece on The Guardian today.

thejtrain

Sign him up already for God's sake! The one thing we're missing is a dynamic striker/forward to partner one of Rooney/RvP. This guy is just that.

Gambit

As do I. And I reckon Januzaj on loan in the other direction is a highly likely. Depay to us has probably been 99.9% done since the world cup last summer.
Perreireerreirriaia or how ever you spell his name as well.

Gambit

Looks like Memphis has returned the favor and started following Perrerereirieirarra on instagram back.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Yayyy! So according to the last few posts in this thread he is ours'. I wonder what shirt number he'll get.

Glanville95

Always though #14 would be apt for Depay. Dunno, if it's because the number seems synonymous with pacey forwards past and present - Walcott, Hernandez, Henry, etc.

Getsme

i think we're keeping him on the long finger whilst we check other targets availability
That's what worries me slightly. If he is not LVGs first choice signing then does he rate Depay high enough that he would make an impact on the team?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
11. Or swap Di Maria to 11 and keep the Depay 7 brand going. Though I doubt he has the political power to pull that one off.

A lot of images with 21 and 11 for Holland.

Flying_Heckfish

If we want him, we will get him, Liverpool is no competition.

We also have two players in Pereira and Januzaj that they would like to take on loan.

Looks like Memphis has returned the favor and started following Perrerereirieirarra on instagram back.
Done dealio, then

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
11. Or swap Di Maria to 11 and keep the Depay 7 brand going. Though I doubt he has the political power to pull that one off.

A lot of images with 21 and 11 for Holland.
No way would Di Maria switch from the 7. He always said it was the main reason he was joining here.

(Or is that it that he would get alot of money but just made an excuse that he is honoured wearing the 11)

Nozzy

Yayyy! So according to the last few posts in this thread he is ours'. I wonder what shirt number he'll get.
As 7 will be available, reserve that for Bale. 9 will be free so that would make sense though I'd like to see Rooney switch to 9 & RVP to 10. 14 will be vacated but so too might 11 & that might make sense? With luck there'll be a fair turnover of players meaning we could possibly get something approaching a good old first eleven - imagine that.

1 De Gea
2 Clyne
3 Shaw
4 Smalling
5 Hummels
6 Carrick
7 Bale (no pressure)
8 Schneiderlin
9 Rooney
10 RVP
11 Herrera

12 Valdez, 13, Rojo, 14 Jones, 15 Blind, 16 Depay, 17 Young, 20 Ings (He's free-ish after all)

Last edited:

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Ofcourse I can :D

The battle for the signature of Memphis is nearing the final stage. After talks with PSG and Liverpool, AD now says he's also spoken to Manchester United and van Gaal. The management of Memphis (Kees Ploegsma) has been given freedom to speak to clubs and once they reach a personal agreement the deal can be done with PSV quickly.

So, it's on? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Ofcourse I can :D

The battle for the signature of Memphis is nearing the final stage. After talks with PSG and Liverpool, AD now says he's also spoken to Manchester United. The management of Memphis (Kees Ploegsma) has been given freedom to speak to clubs and once they reach a personal agreement the deal can be done with PSV quickly.

So, it's on? :rolleyes:
Let's just call it a done dealio :drool:

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
He's held talks with us?
AD sportwereld said we did, a national newspaper. Not sure how reliable they are - but Rik Elfrink is for sure. He also had 3 days off this week so it's very possible we've held talks with him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
People might laugh at the Instagram thing but it was our most reliable transfer-related form of social media last summer :lol:

Riz

That's given me a huge confidence boost that we'll sign him. My only worry was that we weren't interested for whatever reason. If that's true and we've held or even just started talks then we are interested, and if we are, I think we'll get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.