g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Memphis Depay | PSV confirm deal with Man Utd is agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GledTheRed

Giggs just retied, Valencia and Young are whack!

LvG just signed too, makes too much sense.

Did i mention his youtube? :drool::drool:

siw2007

Only saw him play for Netherlands vs Ecuador and thought he looked really good. With Van Gaal coming in I assume he will be going for dutch footballers that he knows can make it so I guess this would be the kind of player he would go for.

Brightonian

I don't get this idea that he's suddenly going to buy loads of Dutch players. He's an experienced manager who's been round the block more than a few times, he's not going to bring a load of players from his last job in just because he knows them well. He'll be looking to sign players that suit the team he's trying to build, not just players who he's already mates with.

I mean, Clasie ffs. Every caftard who watch Dutch football has told us he's Aston Villa level at best, a sort of Dutch Cleverley.

Santos J

I like him & think he's a great talent, he's got a lot of improving to do if he wants to make it at the top level though but he's only 20 so age is more than on his side. He's fast, can dribble & certainly has goals in him, something we lack from most of wingers so he'd be a nice addition to have now, even though he is still young. If we had a decent set of wingers then I'd say he needs at least another season at PSV but considering our majority shite bunch I'd take him here straight away next season as I can't see us signing a 'big name' winger.

He's scored some fecking good goals this season too.

He does seem a bit of a cnut though, whether he'll mature and grow out of it I dunno.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The youtube video is the first I've seen of him, although I've heard a few people rave about him on various forums.

I must say, some of them goals are pretty nice. Does he skew a lot of shots though? Like Nani

GledTheRed

Loads of players are cnuts and selfish, lots of good ones might i add.

I heard Depay is very professional, did i hear he hired a nutritionist when he was 18?

Santos J

Why does he seem a cnut?
Doesn't take well to not getting his own way, got into a fight in training and punched his team mate & just in general never really be one who's fully focused on realizing his potential, think he's had trouble with coaches at most levels leading up to him being a part of PSV's first team. He's not half as bad as he was, he's settled down a lot and sorted himself out off the pitch a few years ago to be fair to him but yeah.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Doesn't take well to not getting his own way, got into a fight in training and punched his team mate & just in general never really be one who's fully focused on realizing his potential, think he's had trouble with coaches at most levels leading up to him being a part of PSV's first team. He's not half as bad as he was, he's settled down a lot and sorted himself out off the pitch a few years ago to be fair to him but yeah.
Cheers, that does sound a bit worrying.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Apparently he's a selfish bastard.
He has a Ronaldo like selfishness for sure, but he was suited perfectly for that role at PSV this season, being the most important attacking player for them. But I've read interviews from him where states he is very unpleased with his own selfishness, looking back analyzing his video's after matches, he says he sometimes literally hates himself for the stupid decisions he made, so that's a good sign.

He does seem a bit of a cnut though, whether he'll mature and grow out of it I dunno.
I agree he does look like that. But he came from a very poor/bad family situation, had the label 'difficult' playing in the PSV youth and he's shown massive improvement on the ego side now he doesn't live at home anymore/has no bad influences from the home front. Wasn't a starter at PSV last season while he was ready and eager to play, yet he caused no problems. He is 100% focused on being the best player he can be at a very young age, which is a very good sign imo, he stated he really wants to be the best of the Dutch league and one of the best in the world after that, and he's ready to do whatever it takes.

Also like the story about how he hired a nutritionist for himself at age 18 to improve himself. He explained his fitness regime, which he designed himself, and the motivation something like that shows is very promising.

All in all I would say he looks like trouble, with his tattoo's and playing style, but out of all the PSV youngsters like Willems, Wijnaldum, Bakkali, Bruma, Rekik, Depay has the best mentality for sure, Wijnaldum is a good guy too, Rekik's good too. So I'd say there's a big chance of him improving his antics like Ronaldo did. But he still will have some unlikeable traits.

Could be an interesting player for us, is talented, but it's always tricky to rate wingers, even if they have great mentality like Depay. Adnan and Sterling are in the same age category for instance, and they've showed it on a higher level than Depay this season. And there's always a lot of attacking talent coming through, from Turkey to Brazil, loads of great players, so I don't see why Depay specifically would be the best choice for us. He might impress Van Gaal so much during the World Cup that he wants to take him with him to United though, you never know.

Last edited:

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
This is a player who actually displays proper 'talent'.
The usual stuff we hear about Zaha having 'the talent, but not yet the maturity' apply much more to this guy.

He has the usual tricky-young-winger selfishness that they almost all have (Sanchez, Nani, Ronaldo, Robben) as youngsters.
But he shows the skillset that may make it worth hanging in there through his inconsistent days.

Ekeke

A good young player but he does have most of the things people have been complaining about with Nani. He's as wasteful and will ignore teammates to have lots of shots. He may be more consistant and not get injured as much and he's just a kid so hopefully he'd improve in these areas

PvsNP

I'm sure LvG will manage him. I don't think he would have been in the World Cup squad if van Gaal thought otherwise.

Last edited:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)

Brightonian

Didn't Giggs give a brilliant assist on RVP against Swansea at the start of the league? They say he had 0 assists this season, league only. Can't take their statistics serious then.
Yep, those stats are pure bullshit. Kagawa definitely has more the 2 assists and Januzaj more than 3, as well.

Maldini's Hair

Based solely on that video and his forename I am all for this signing. He appears to favour the left as well which is always nice since no one has really nailed that down for a while.

NoPace

Depay looked really promising in those Milan-PSV games in CL qualifying.

Makes sense that if Van Gaal falls in love with him this summer, he could sign for us. Maybe in January or next summer after he gives Rooney a shot as a winger and they fall out, along with him not rating Young at all, turning Valencia into a CM and needing another winger to go with Januzaj and Mata.

Fun era!

bucky

Inconsistent and not always a regular starter at psv
Has started 32 of 34 games for PSV in the Eredivisie. Scored 12 goals and contributed 7 assists. He's 20. Who isn't inconsistent at that age?!

::sonny::

Has started 32 of 34 games for PSV in the Eredivisie. Scored 12 goals and contributed 7 assists. He's 20. Who isn't inconsistent at that age?!
That based on the statistics, the eredivisie it's like the championship. John Guidetti scored tons of goals and Graziano Pelle has been the best striker of the league

50 goals in the last 57 games with Feyenoord, seconded only to Ronaldo and Messi.

bucky

That based on the statistics, the eredivisie it's like the championship. John Guidetti scored tons of goals and Graziano Pelle has been the best striker of the league

50 goals in the last 57 games with Feyenoord, seconded only to Ronaldo and Messi.

Your point? Because I'm sure that wasn't the point I was replying to.

Rezyuz

Heres the problem with depay: his attitude.

Talented young players know they can be the best if they work for it.

Depay thinks he is already among the best and doesnt give a shit.

Hes selfish, has absolutely no vision, weak shot(one footed) but has a stupid amount of talent.

Hes to much of a hassle at the moment to work with. Altough if he respecta and listens to anyone it would be van gaal.

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari

Hes selfish, has absolutely no vision, weak shot(one footed) but has a stupid amount of talent.

Hes to much of a hassle at the moment to work with. Altough if he respecta and listens to anyone it would be van gaal.

Wild guess , Ajax fan ??

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Just not talented enough to look up, drive through the ball and use both feet though right?

Ibi Dreams

All I know is he becomes shit hot on FIFA, but that could be more down to my incredible management skills

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Going soley by that Youtube video (after scoffing at the title) he does seem very similar to Ronnie in his playing style. Some of his goals were top class and that one team goal was superb. PSV play some good football. I wouldn't mind if LvG brought him here.

Rezyuz

Just not talented enough to look up, drive through the ball and use both feet though right?
its his dribbling ability which is just extremely good. He has that "special" decision making where he can fool 1-2 defenders time after time and break free.

Status
Not open for further replies.