Memphis Depay | PSV confirm deal with Man Utd is agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thanks.

But if we do get him, what happens to Zaha then considering we haven't even given him a chance? It would leave us with Adnan, Zaha and this guy together. Surely we won't be playing all of them together?
Well zaha you can argue doesn't deserve anything considering how shite he looked the few times he put on a united jersey or all season for Cardiff. Also him complaining right away and supposedly poor training and attitude. Lingard you could say deserves a chance, but realistically, I doubt he'll ever amount to anything at united. He's like 21 and only playing in the championship.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Well zaha you can argue doesn't deserve anything considering how shite he looked the few times he put on a united jersey or all season for Cardiff. Also him complaining right away and supposedly poor training and attitude. Lingard you could say deserves a chance, but realistically, I doubt he'll ever amount to anything at united. He's like 21 and only playing in the championship.
On loan getting valuable game time that he needs to actually BE something here. Stupid statement.

bosnian_red

On loan getting valuable game time that he needs to actually BE something here. Stupid statement.
Yes. But at that age, you'd expect him to be at a higher standard if he'll ever become united standard. I know everyone would want him to make it at united, but considering he's turning 22 and has he even made his first team debut for united? Something to think about, you can wait forever for players to get there, and others have simply shown more then him.

RedStarUnited

It's obvious, isn't it. Ashley Young just can't cut it out here. Nani has already been reported to leave (rumours that he is joining Juventus). And honestly, would you want to keep that trio after the shit has been served for 2 seasons in a row?
If keep Nani, he hasn't as many chances as the other guys.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Yes. But at that age, you'd expect him to be at a higher standard if he'll ever become united standard. I know everyone would want him to make it at united, but considering he's turning 22 and has he even made his first team debut for united? Something to think about, you can wait forever for players to get there, and others have simply shown more then him.
Cleverley was 22 when he made his debut, as were most of the class of 92 bar Giggs. Not every player is Januzaj or Rooney. Ridiculous.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
At the risk of derailing the thread completely, Lingard was always going to be a late bloomer due to his physique. Sir Alex told Lingard's dad many years ago that Jesse would be ready for the first team at 22-23 and, as far as I'm concerned, he seems to be right on schedule.

bosnian_red

And hype Lingaard who, at 22, is on loan in the same league Zaha dominated at the age of 20.
Pretty much. Zaha and lingard might get there. But januzaj is the type of winger or young player that excels at united and makes it into the first team. Somebody who from a young age shines instantly, gets everyone on the edge of their seats, and sticks out. Zaha just hasn't seemed actually talented whenever he's played for either Cardiff or united. That's the problem with him but with lingard, I haven't seen him apart from pre season, though he did have a good shot on him then. Not quite sure he's just good enough to make it here, or if he'll just amount to like Ashley young standard.

Anyways, I haven't seen depay but from what I heard he's highly rated, fast, and an excellent dribbler. I'll see him more in the World Cup but if he's an intelligent player and a hard worker then he's got the basics to be a very good winger.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Pretty much. Zaha and lingard might get there. But januzaj is the type of winger or young player that excels at united and makes it into the first team. Somebody who from a young age shines instantly, gets everyone on the edge of their seats, and sticks out. Zaha just hasn't seemed actually talented whenever he's played for either Cardiff or united. That's the problem with him but with lingard, I haven't seen him apart from pre season, though he did have a good shot on him then. Not quite sure he's just good enough to make it here, or if he'll just amount to like Ashley young standard.

Anyways, I haven't seen depay but from what I heard he's highly rated, fast, and an excellent dribbler. I'll see him more in the World Cup but if he's an intelligent player and a hard worker then he's got the basics to be a very good winger.
I actually still have hope for Zaha. I really think he just needs a good kick up the arse! all the tools are there but he's a bit of a diva with shit mentality. Can still turn it around. Lingaard as you say, doesn't strike me as a special player. Squad player at best, but you never know. For me though, Zaha has more talent than Jesse.

redevil2

The problem (well a bit overstating) with new foreign manager is he knows the European football scene more and hence its likely we are spending ££ on foreign players at the risk of overlooking our own from the academy and cheaper options with equal talent and potentials. That's why Giggsy's knowledge really comes in handy in the whole assessment department so we don't take drastic decisions.

That said, I have no opinion or knowledge about this Memphis Depay so would try to be educated on here among discussion.

Rezyuz

Which one is it lads?!
I have no clue why he said that he has a great attitude. Its generally known that he hasnt.

When you are an 18 yr old kid who just got promoted and after 1 season complain about your teammates not being good enough while not mentioning yourself you are a prick.

He got instructed a million times to not keep looking at the ball when you dribble and he just keeps on doing it.

Another example he refuses to lay off the ball infront of the goal. Which also has bene mentioned countless times by our media channels and talk shows. Just look at the match vs ecuador exactly the same problems again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Giggs just retied, Valencia and Young are whack!

LvG just signed too, makes too much sense.

Did i mention his youtube? :drool::drool:

Standard of goalkeeping looks pretty wank in the Eredivisie.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So we're linked with him here.

A concrete plan for the future has Memphis Depay not mind, but after the World Cup a club from the summit presents itself to him, he is open to a departure from PSV.
That scenario has Depay discussed in recent weeks with his agent Kees Ploegsma junior.Several clubs have Ploegsma let them know that they have followed this season. Operations of Depay One of those clubs Manchester United, who this season led by Louis van Gaal. The current coach of the Dutch national team is fond of Depay, while the player is the professional approach in Dutch. Impressed

PSV has previously announced that Depay should leave alone. "For the absolute prize ' The brokers circuit is an asking price of around twenty million. Ploegsma refuses to go into all the speculation. "Memphis should just concentrate on the World Cup and there to show what progress he has made. Then we'll see, "he responds.
http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/depay-wil-met-van-gaal-mee-naar-manchester-united.htm

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Best choice available I believe. I can't see Reus leaving Dortmund this season and Barca aren't going to sell Sanchez.

hebegebe

Seems to have a touch of the Ravel's about him!

And I mean that in a bad way.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Seems to have a touch of the Ravel's about him!

And I mean that in a bad way.
He seems like a complex fella. Yeah, there are one or two incidents of petulance, but on the other hand he's apparently a dedicated lad hell-bent on making the most out of his vast potential. Van Gaal knows him well, if he brings him in that's a clear indication of the good outweighing the bad.

MUFCpiffgawd

dont know if its just me but i dont see anything spectacular from him. It doesn't look as if he's better or as good as januzaj. If so, then whats the point of signing him?

Ringo 07

dont know if its just me but i dont see anything spectacular from him. It doesn't look as if he's better or as good as januzaj. If so, then whats the point of signing him?
You must be a season ticket holder at PSV so? It's impossible to judge kids based on youtube clips and from seeing them for 10 minutes on tv...sure this time last year most on here were saying that Barkley was nothing special and another over-hyped english kid...now everyone is creaming over him.....very hard to judge kids unless you are a season ticket holder at the club they play for

Nickosaur

Yeah I know, compilations don't tell us much, but this one should get you excited, plenty of spectacular moments in here.

Reminds me of Nani quite a bit, in the way that he plays on the left but is right footed, and is a huge danger cutting in and unleashing shots.

vibe

Looks like a good, inspired young winger that'll be a huge breath of fresh air to the squad, considering some plays we had last year, where the game seemed to be running in slow motion, with players back passing and nobody wanting to take a defender on. Though he has a temper and at times that'll cost RvP, Rooney and even Mata some good chances when he starts to get arrogant, but I'm sure LvG is the perfect man to tug his leash when needed.

Definitely light years ahead of the tragic Young and a good improvement over Valencia. Any solid indication that we're going for this guy? I think we can get him for 15m or even less, provided LvG takes interest. I think he'll be keen to move and PSV will be willing to sell so long as we bid.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
What changed? I thought Sanchez was for sale.
Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has stated that Sanchez isn't for sale and is in the clubs plans for the next season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Yeah I know, compilations don't tell us much, but this one should get you excited, plenty of spectacular moments in here.

Reminds me of Nani quite a bit, in the way that he plays on the left but is right footed, and is a huge danger cutting in and unleashing shots.
The terrible music is just down to terrible taste from the creator, but what I never get is why people seem to think showing dozens of close-ups of the player as an intro to the video is somehow a good idea? What does it add?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The terrible music is just down to terrible taste from the creator, but what I never get is why people seem to think showing dozens of close-ups of the player as an intro to the video is somehow a good idea? What does it add?
So you don't forget what they look like during the video, of course.

bucky

Best choice available I believe. I can't see Reus leaving Dortmund this season and Barca aren't going to sell Sanchez.
If Barcelona keep Sanchez and Pedro, and don't loan Deulofeu out next season, then there could also be the possibility of signing Rafael Alcantara. Surely Neymar, Sanchez, Pedro and Deulofeu would be enough for their wide positions. Rafinha and Depay are probably our best options for positive young wide players.

Herman Van Rompuy

Bears False Witness
Depay and januzaj on the wings? :drool:

Just look at Louis in that picture, though. He's at it with all of his players. Love him already.

Nickosaur

Yeah, you just know you're going to get the obligatory 20/30 seconds at the start of close-ups of their face, a shot of the back of their shirts, a shot waiting to come on as a sub, a shot high fiving the player they are replacing, a shot of the player gesticulating heavily and frustratedly to the referee, a shot looking up to the sky in anguish..

...and then the compilation will start.

Lane

If we do sign him, we should sell Zaha. Too many very young wingers. Too bad for Jesse, i genuinely believe that had he came through maybe 4-5 years back, he would have real shot at making it. But right now, we are in a tough place and need results. Van Gaal while like to work with youngsters, would rely only on those who show clear sings of big potential, players like Adnan, Depay that are selected for the national team while being 19-20.

Glanville95

Seems a bit reminiscent of Zaha in terms of his footwork and unorthodox control which seems loose at times, but he still keeps the ball under control. If his temperament and professionalism is also similar to that of Zaha than I would be against this signing when we have a raw, young wide player in our squad who needs good managerial guidance as it is.

I do think it's imperative we sign a goal-scoring winger however, as that really hasn't been a source of goals in recent seasons and it's certainly a unique options in comparison to our other wide players. Depay has scored some excellent goals, so his shooting ability isn't in question, even if he has a tendency to ignore his teammates on occasion.

This could be a very shrewd deal if we were to sign him for £15M also.

Annahnomoss

What we need is a winger who is already at a world-class level so that if either of Nani and Januzaj are in form we are a team who have a good chance against any side. Someone like Draxler would be brilliant as then Zaha would still have a great chance of proving himself until the January window. If he hasn't shown a change in mentality we can sell him and buy a Depay.

Santos J

If Barcelona keep Sanchez and Pedro, and don't loan Deulofeu out next season, then there could also be the possibility of signing Rafael Alcantara. Surely Neymar, Sanchez, Pedro and Deulofeu would be enough for their wide positions. Rafinha and Depay are probably our best options for positive young wide players.
Rafinha's not a winger, played central for Celta for the most part and that's where his best position is, he'd be a good option for our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.