Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_Ventura

Why would you pay 10M when Barca are ready to terminate his contract so that he can leave for a free, doesn't make sense.

Robertd0803

Why would you pay 10M when Barca are ready to terminate his contract so that he can leave for a free, doesn't make sense.
Barca have written him off, so the 10 million incoming will be used to pay FDJs outstanding wages along with the rumoured 7 million Barca offered him along so they can sell De Jong.

Total muppetry.

::sonny::

This has to be BS because he can leave for free. Juve probably just need a little nudge so we’ve been linked as part of the FDJ saga, again.
Juve decided for Milik instead of him

I would never sign him again even for free

lysglimt

Scout
Juve decided for Milik instead of him

I would never sign him again even for free
why not ? He was superb in France just 15 months ago - and he did quite ok for Barcelona, while averaging 1 goal a game for Holland over the last 2.5 seasong. If we can get him for free, its a no-brainer for me

peridigm

why not ? He was superb in France just 15 months ago - and he did quite ok for Barcelona, while averaging 1 goal a game for Holland over the last 2.5 seasong. If we can get him for free, its a no-brainer for me
Agree if he was free but the way we’re run we’d end up giving him massive wages and it would prevent us from signing our primary targets. I think we should pass.

lex talionis

If we could bring in Depay for a reasonable cost -- in today's insane world maybe that's anything under 300k/week -- we could do with a bit of depth on the front line, even if we do bring in Antony.

Enigma_87

You know who
Because we already had him when he was young and more agile/fast(which isn't one of his best qualities to begin with) and he didn't cut it. He's not suited for the PL and lacks the explosiveness some other wing forwards will provide.

Wouldn't take him even on a free, especially considering the massive wages he would come with.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Getting Depay would be a far better move for United than getting Gakpo. Gakpo would just be an expensive flop. Gakpo is an expensive 21 yo Depay. Depay as he is now has really matured a lot and became a much better player. Sure he's not the an absolute elite player, but being a non CL side you're not going to get these players. Depay on a free, with a decent loan would be much better depth signing than an expensive, inexperienced €50/60m Gakpo. Sure Depay has his weaknesses, but price/quality wise he'd be a good player for depth.:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Maybe Bebe's available too... and what is Massimo Taibi doing these days?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Looks as if the only sources linking us are absolute garbage: Daily Express, Daily Star and Daily Mail.

Drizzle

I'm not against this at all. He's not a tricky pacy winger (a role he failed at at United) but he is an experienced right-sided attacker who can also fill in competently as striker. Consistently decent goal stats at all levels.

While not elite level, he's a better player than Gakpo and could immediately start games for us if required, at probably half the price.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he comes I hope he doesn't get demoted to the reserves and rolls up to training in a Bentley, wearing an expensive fur coat.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He'd be a great backup to Martial as a false 9 that can hold the ball up well.

Let Ronaldo leave, everybody happy.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If Ten Hag wanted him, he'd have been here long ago, considering he's Dutch, Barcelona want him out and he doesn't have another club. I don't dislike the idea of having him as a back up to Rashford and Martial, he's quite good and a lot more mature these days.

OverratedOpinion

To me it all depends if he is going to have a good attitude about being a rotation option here.

If he does then his ability as a player would mean he is a really solid backup option for a good price.

Rolaholic

He's a United fan to boot, would be a much better buy short term than Gakpo and his game and mentality has matured so much more now compared to when he left us at 23.

Would offer us a very versatile array of depth in attack if we got him and Antony

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Barca felt the need to upgrade the CF position with Auba and soon after with Lewy. He is a decent player, but he is neither a winger nor a #9, who can play up top alone for a top team. Regardless where he appears on the team sheet, he plays like he has a free role where he is allowed to float around. Unless you build the team around him, he always looks a bit out of place.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: we literally need depth and squad players but people are turning their nose up to a very cheap deal for the Dutch record goal scorer.

Wtf is wrong with people?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
:lol: we literally need depth and squad players but people are turning their nose up to a very cheap deal for the Dutch record goal scorer.

Wtf is wrong with people?
People want messi/ronaldo level of signings for rory delap prices

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm not against this at all. He's not a tricky pacy winger (a role he failed at at United) but he is an experienced right-sided attacker who can also fill in competently as striker. Consistently decent goal stats at all levels.

While not elite level, he's a better player than Gakpo and could immediately start games for us if required, at probably half the price.
Pacy? I don’t remember him being oacy

Status
Not open for further replies.