Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

What? We are trying to sign Depay to allow them more leeway to register Frenkie? I’m not sure that’s going to be a wise move

Lyng

As a backup to Martial he would be a nice signing, especially if we could get him for free.

RoyH1

What? We are trying to sign Depay to allow them more leeway to register Frenkie? I’m not sure that’s going to be a wise move
It's safe to say at this point that Frenkie doesn't want to come.

Idxomer

Didn't his deal fall through with Juve because he didn't want to be a backup?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is sh1t
Clearly you're just thinking back to when he struggled at United the first time when he was 21.

He's very good as a false 9, and we clearly need rotation options with Martial at striker. Would you prefer Arnautovic or Depay? I know who i'm choosing.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Don't buy him, he's only good at a subtop team where he is the star and gets the freedom to just drift around the pitch, lose the ball 60 times a game, but also produce magic here and there.

Not PL material.

Giggsyking

Yeah but he really isn't shit though is he?

Good enough to be the talisman for a massive club? No. Shit? Obviously not.
He is sh1t enough to not play for united, maybe he is good enough for a mid table team. We should stay away from these stupid signings, specially for players who had their chance here.

Giggsyking

Clearly you're just thinking back to when he struggled at United the first time when he was 21.

He's very good as a false 9, and we clearly need rotation options with Martial at striker. Would you prefer Arnautovic or Depay? I know who i'm choosing.
You have to check why he did not want to go to Juventus, he does not want to be a rotation player. We should stay away.

Giggsyking

Not true, where have you read that?
I think it was Mateo Moretto who talked about his arrival would be an issue because he will not accept to be just a rotation in addition to the bad economic value of the deal. Juventus were also afraid of his attitude problems.
He is a player with attitude problem (he has proven that in united) had his chance here already and has not produced any outstanding season in his career. We should not waste time and money on such players. I would rather give his minutes and time to academy players.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it was Mateo Moretto who talked about his arrival would be an issue because he will not accept to be just a rotation in addition to the bad economic value of the deal. Juventus were also afraid of his attitude problems.
He is a player with attitude problem (he has proven that in united) had his chance here already and has not produced any outstanding season in his career. We should not waste time and money on such players. I would rather give his minutes and time to academy players.
so essentially juve are skint and making excuses. gotcha.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
well he hasn't done much to disprove it... talk about underwhelming at United and hasn't exactly set La Liga on fire
28 games and 12 goals. That’s not too far off a goal every other game. That’s a good return & more than what Rashford and Martial have done in the last couple seasons

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
28 games and 12 goals. That’s not too far off a goal every other game. That’s a good return & more than what Rashford and Martial have done in the last couple seasons
You don't get much argument from me regarding Rshford and, even more so, Martial but surely we an do better - and start by signing an actual centre forward

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
well he hasn't done much to disprove it... talk about underwhelming at United and hasn't exactly set La Liga on fire
75 goals in 167 league appearances in 2 of europe's top 5 leagues since leaving (almost 1 in 2) and 42 goals in 80 for Holland (slightly above 1 in 2).

He'd be a great option on a free

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The only forward academy player that is anywhere near ready is the Young Argentina lad who has already been in trouble this summer for coming late to training

OverratedOpinion

How did he prove his attitude problem at United?

redshaw

Lou Macari is probably saying who else is in for him

I do wonder though in this case where are the clubs if he's done well in France and Spain. I'm tempted as a good attacking option considering what I've seen of him in the last 3-4 years, has a pretty good scoring rate with goal nearly every other game.

Perhaps if those Juve stories are true then his real place needs to be a starter for a smaller club on a lower wage again like at Lyon. I'm sure ETH would like him to beef up the attacking squad but we tend to see some players in their peak years getting lost in loans after a big money move or a bit part player. If he looks back at his happiest then maybe being a starter at a club like Lyon is best.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He did not have an attitude problem here. He was only 21, he was just young and immature. Perfectly normal stuff. It's now 7 years later. By all accounts he's grown up now.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Plays false nine, already familiar with Ten Hag's football, consistently scores at a very good rate for The Netherlands. There are zero top strikers on the market to begin with, & we're looking to strengthen all other positions. If he's close to a free, he's a no brainer signing imo.

Renegade

Attitude problems? Swear only black players get this lazy accusation with no evidence.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He's much more mature nowadays and I'd like to think ETH can get the best out of him.

I'd be happy to get him back.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Attitude problems? Swear only black players get this lazy accusation with no evidence.
I don't remember a single problem with LVG even once. He never had an attitude problem here.

All i remember was him driving his Bentley to training, which the older players told him to stop which he did. The music videos too, but who cares. He was only 21, and a millionaire, how do people expect a young guy to behave?

Last edited:

OverratedOpinion

All i remember was him driving his Bentley to training, which the older players told him to stop which he did. The music videos too, but who cares. He was only 19, and a millionaire, how do people expect him to behave? Doesn't mean he had an attitude problem that's for sure.
I was curious what was meant by "attitude problems" I literally can't remember hearing one thing about him having a bad attitude when he was here.

He clearly backs his own ability but I would hope any attacking player that plays for clubs like Man Utd, Barcelona and starts for the Netherlands does.

Orange Tree

Depay and Herrera :drool:

Seriously I'd rather see younger players with potential being given the chance. We already have enough bench players starting for us.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Depay and Herrera :drool:

Seriously I'd rather see younger players with potential being given the chance. We already have enough bench players starting for us.
No we don't

Sancho/Rashford are not bench players by any means.

Why do we seriously undervalue our own players abilities.

De Gea

Malacia
Martinez
Varane
Dalot

Casemiro
Fred

Rashford
Bruno
Sancho

Martial

Only one out of those is probably Dalot who you could argue is a bench player. But still...we got a good team forming, now they're being coached better

SoCross

What’s this false 9 business? We aren’t looking for a false 9? I thought we are looking at someone who can lead the line.

Hows Depay’s level at holding the ball up?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I was curious what was meant by "attitude problems" I literally can't remember hearing one thing about him having a bad attitude when he was here.

He clearly backs his own ability but I would hope any attacking player that plays for clubs like Man Utd, Barcelona and starts for the Netherlands does.
Yeah i can't remember a single problem he ever had with LVG.

You said it best he backs his ability, every player needs to back their own ability at the highest level, nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.