Men are doomed though women will be fine

Withnail

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Is it really evolution if the % of female elephants without tusks increases in a species where the ones with tusks are being killed?

I mean if you had 2 tuskless elephant out of 10 and you get rid of 5 of the tusked ones suddenly the % has increased from 20% to 40%.
Don't try to reason your way out of this one. We're going to survive. Everyone kinda already knew that. :)

Tarrou

Is it really evolution if the % of female elephants without tusks increases in a species where the ones with tusks are being killed?

I mean if you had 2 tuskless elephant out of 10 and you get rid of 5 of the tusked ones suddenly the % has increased from 20% to 40%.
they are monitoring the young to see if they develop tusks

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
they are monitoring the young to see if they develop tusks
sensible. i do it with my kids too. i always tell them “if i see either of you coming back home with a tusk you’ll be straight out on the streets!” all these hippies nowadays covering their skin in tusks. do they not think how bad it will look when they’re in their 70s? most of the time it’s just a tusk in a foreign language, they’ve got no idea if it even says what they think it does. “check my instagram and see my latest sleeve tusk” no thank you.

Conor

sensible. i do it with my kids too. i always tell them “if i see either of you coming back home with a tusk you’ll be straight out on the streets!” all these hippies nowadays covering their skin in tusks. do they not think how bad it will look when they’re in their 70s? most of the time it’s just a tusk in a foreign language, they’ve got no idea if it even says what they think it does. “check my instagram and see my latest sleeve tusk” no thank you.
I hope they never find that tusk you have in the bedroom, and I certainly hope they never smell it.

Eriku

Sure it is. It’s just artificial selection, not natural.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
When will humans start being born without foreskin then ?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yes. Selection pressure is selection pressure. Genes don't know or care about the source of the pressure.