g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

MEN banned from the press conference today | Some journalists banned for running articles without approaching United for comment first

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
But the press are total cnuts when it comes to United - someone above has said that it's changed and United need the press more than they need United. That's total bollocks, we are by far the biggest generator of engagement
The problem is that they obviously don't need to participate in press conferences to write stories, as they have sources inside the club (or at least convincingly claim so). Banning Luckhorst and others won't stop them from writing articles about United, so they won't have any less engagement by this decision.

On the contrary they have a field day now using this to shit on the club even more than before.

pascell

Doubling down on their story

"We have a responsibility to the readers who place such trust in us to faithfully report what we know and what we see," Manchester Evening News editor Sarah Lester writes
What they 'faithfully' report is pure fiction aimed at causing unrest and problems for the club, as it generates clicks for them.

They've gained their sources within the club for one sole reason, to paint a bad picture about the club.

I can't remember the last time they printed anything positive about the club, its always negative and Luckhurst is the main cheerleader who is also their senior writer on United matters. Maybe they should be the ones 'shooting the messenger', to help improve their relations with the club.

careca07

What they 'faithfully' report is pure fiction aimed at causing unrest and problems for the club, as it generates clicks for them.

They've gained their sources within the club for one sole reason, to paint a bad picture about the club.

I can't remember the last time they printed anything positive about the club, its always negative and Luckhurst is the main cheerleader who is also their senior writer on United matters. Maybe they should be the ones 'shooting the messenger', to help improve their relations with the club.
what positives are there about the club?

TheGame

At this rate ten hag will be banning any fans that boo at the ground, it's getting a tad silly now with all the falling out's with players and press.

lvg was the best with how he use to manage the press, some of his press conferences were legendary
Yeah sure because banning boo fans is a comparable situation. :rolleyes::houllier:

DavelinaJolie

I do think that MEN response is a bit, I don't know... Grotty?

A "concerned friend" would, with information about their friend, seek to verify and get the other side of a situation. It seems like they failed at that.

The references to the history of Utd just seem like sentimental pandering.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I do think that MEN response is a bit, I don't know... Grotty?

A "concerned friend" would, with information about their friend, seek to verify and get the other side of a situation. It seems like they failed at that.

The references to the history of Utd just seem like sentimental pandering.
Particularly this

Wing Attack Plan R

Why are you believing what’s being written? Luckhurst has history of writing complete bullshit. Who in the name of feck would be leaking to him?
It’s been this way for quite some time, since at least J Lingz and the Leak Express. This story isn’t about the veracity of claims but rather the lack of professionalism by the journalists.

90 + 5min

Not getting message? Ban then until next season.

They know how important ManUtd is. That is why this article is coming out now. They don't ask questions on behalf of the supporters. They are not concerned friend. They ask question so they can find something spicy and get some reaction from manager. So they can print it. We know how media works. We know how media have been towards ManUtd.

Wing Attack Plan R

It's 2023!

Journalists only report what they see and hear!

Is Ten Hag's next move to insist that every negative post on RedCafe or every angry tweet on whatever twitter is called now gets deleted?
I think you’re equating professional journalists with YouTube video bloggers - and lately that’s exactly what they have been, and that’s the problem.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Damage? Haven't anyone noticed how we have been portrayed in the shows when VAR, situations and referees were being discussed. It is like there have been agenda against us.

We should have done this long before.
Sky have a national TV show. They can use it for an untold amounts of hatchet jobs if they want and it’s direct visceral media with the greatest power of influence of all.

They might try and make amends or they can go into overdrive.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just heard about this. Great from United. They should have been doing this before ETH. Always so bloody passive and let all the negative nonsense get out there.
Plus, allowed players who want to have their own way a conduit to leak shit and get people sacked. Enough!

90 + 5min

Sky have a national TV show. They can use it for an untold amounts of hatchet jobs if they want and it’s direct visceral media with the greatest power of influence of all.

They might try and make amends or they can go into overdrive.
What I meant with that was that damage is already done. We know how we are being treated.

Jazz

MEN should reveal their 'sources' if they want to be invited back. These so called 'journalists' are always trashing the club no matter what, so I don't see why we need to entertain them and treat them well, when they still go off and write crap about us. Whether we win or lose, screw them. United need to stick to their guns here.

Jazz

Not getting message? Ban then until next season.

They know how important ManUtd is. That is why this article is coming out now. They don't ask questions on behalf of the supporters. They are not concerned friend. They ask question so they can find something spicy and get some reaction from manager. So they can print it. We know how media works. We know how media have been towards ManUtd.
All of this!

Oranges038

Look at how Luckhurst responded earlier.

Now they are reporting with their tail between their legs, basically pleading to be let back in.

I'd just tell them to reveal their sources and then they'll be allowed back in.

Spark

The problem is that they obviously don't need to participate in press conferences to write stories, as they have sources inside the club (or at least convincingly claim so). Banning Luckhorst and others won't stop them from writing articles about United, so they won't have any less engagement by this decision.

On the contrary they have a field day now using this to shit on the club even more than before.
If they didn’t need to go to press conferences they wouldn’t. But these same journalists write their bollocks then ask questions about that bollocks in the press conference, forcing United to engage with it. And so the cycle continues. This way, they can continue with their bollocks but United at least have a modicum of control over the narrative within the press conference proper.

Probably won’t kill the stories completely, but it’s a no brainer of a decision when put up against “do feck all”.

90 + 5min

Really haven’t seen anything yet, if they decide to go in.
I think they already shown what they are about when they constantly let strange decisions against ManUtd go by without notice. But when it is for us in few cases, they are making it 100 times bigger. Just look at how they talk about refs and VAR and decisions when it comes to us.

They need ManUtd more than ManUtd need them. Simply. ManUtd is a institution with 100s of millions supporters all over the world.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Those defending this tier of football journalism like it's an honourable profession whose rights must be respected can shite off.

These aren't hard-hitting investigative reporters unearthing corruption in governments or in the health service, or reporting on murder, rapes etc. What they do isn't journalism. It's gossip-mongering.

They don't speak for football fans because they've become detached from what being a football fan is. These twats get paid to attend top level Premier League and European football matches, whose expenses are covered for travelling to games, who laugh and joke on podcasts about how good or bad each club's hospitality is. All they're paid to do stoke controversy to create clicks, it's not a real job but they've convinced people they're vital to football. Feck them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Look at how Luckhurst responded earlier.

Now they are reporting with their tail between their legs, basically pleading to be let back in.

I'd just tell them to reveal their sources and then they'll be allowed back in.
What a bunch of epic wankers. They should stay banned.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Manchester derby - Abu Dhabi Oil Murderers vs North Korea United.

always_hoping

Not before time. A direct result of too many made up stories and pure speculation articles. If Ferguson was still manager they would be banned much sooner.