MEN banned from the press conference today | Some journalists banned for running articles without approaching United for comment first

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Basically the players hate Martial, they’re starting to hate Rashford, they think Amrabat, Antony, Hojlund, Mount and Weghorst are shit and don’t rate ETH or his tactics.
But aside from that, vibes are pretty good?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yep. I'm absolutely fine with ripping "the people in front of me" a new one like SAF did in that clip, but preventing the press to join a press conference just isn't right. What do you expect happens? They'll just write angry stuff and you open up the new angle that you aren't dealing with the press in the right way.
SAF banned lot of journalists, about time club did this.

cyberman

Basically the players hate Martial, they’re starting to hate Rashford, they think Amrabat, Antony, Hojlund, Mount and Weghorst are shit and don’t rate ETH or his tactics.
No wonder were taking a stand

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Average redcafe poster

Slevs

likes to play with penises
:lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Luckhursts sub headline :

Man United have reacted to 10 defeats from 21 games by banning journalists from attending Erik ten Hag's press conference.

What a thundercnut

didz

The three named there are bloody terrible, and pretty much make a living off hatchet jobs against the club. I imagine they've been on a watchlist, with the club waiting for them to slip up and, in not giving the club the opportunity to respond, they've done it.

Martin(6)Buchan

About time the club grew some, 'journalists' and I use that term loosely are only there to stir the shit nothing more

Cloud7

Good. Fed up of these journalists and feeding these player leaks

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Really hope the fans can get behind this and EtH. This is classic us vs them. And that has been an issue for a long time.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Stories were true but the club didn't like they weren't asked for a comment before publishing them?

or

The stories were not true and they should have confirmed before publishing them?

Which one is it?

tomaldinho1

Stories were true but the club didn't like they weren't asked for a comment before publishing them?

or

The stories were not true and they should have confirmed before publishing them?

Which one is it?
It's more that the reason is we don't like it but we can't just say that. Media know exactly what they are doing - united make them ££££ when things go badly - United also know this and are finally looking to try and stop the onslaught.

saivet

A valid reason I suppose, but the club's PR would always 'contextualise' a situation to be better than what it actually is. I think this move probably draws more attention to the journalists and ETH may get even worse press from those involved or other journalists that think it's over the top.

The only way out of this snowballing is for the team and ETH to show some promise on the pitch.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It's more that the reason is we don't like it but we can't just say that. Media know exactly what they are doing - united make them ££££ when things go badly - United also know this and are finally looking to try and stop the onslaught.
No.
I think the recent stories of player unrest towards EtH are true and they’re getting ahead of it.

It’s no surprise that every journalist that reported on it are banned.

sugar_kane

Fair play to the club for having the balls to do this. I feared with many of them uncertain about their future we wouldn't be getting much in the way of leadership for the next couple of months.

Things are going to get really ugly now, I bet they're all onto Sancho (how buzzing must they be to have an inside source with nothing to lose??) to see what other dirt they can spin.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not saying what this person says is factually correct but lists past player issues and there’s definitely a theme regarding players thinking they’re in charge. Changing managers hasn’t worked.. hopefully club/SJR can make some tough decisions (well I say tough, seem pretty easy to me)

https://x.com/AliceTalksFooty/status/1731805924514247044?s=20

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I have no problem with it. In fact, I find the whole press conference exercise excruciating. The managers don't want to do it and the journos ask nonsensical questions geared more towards stiring the pot than getting any actual information about players or tactics.

However, I don't get how this will help anything. I rather see ETH humiliating them in the press conference rather than stopping them from attending it and giving more fuel to the fire.

GueRed

The football media have been having a field day (as always) with the negativity surrounding United.

Glad the club has made a stand banning some of those shit stirring journalists

Seems like a desperate move from United. Don't like what they write? Deal with it, make your arguments against their writings- don't ban the press. Pretty low from the club and i think it will backfire.

Surprised by the massive support this silly move is getting from the fans.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Oh for the days of proper journalists, rather than todays hacks who just want to write sensationalism for the social media generation.
Fergie called and says British sports journalists were always prats

saik

No.
I think the recent stories of player unrest towards EtH are true and they’re getting ahead of it.

If the players have already turned against ETH just after the season they had last year, they need to be the first ones to leave.

We have been here in this situation with too many managers for it to be a coincidence. Get rid of the lot and reset.

didz

Fully expect Luckhurst to rehash this piece he did on SAF years ago.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sa...guson-bans-journalists-reports_b_1832503.html
Christ, how has Luckhurst survived this long? He's an absolute doom mongering idiot.

Yep. I'm absolutely fine with ripping "the people in front of me" a new one like SAF did in that clip, but preventing the press to join a press conference just isn't right. What do you expect happens? They'll just write angry stuff and you open up the new angle that you aren't dealing with the press in the right way.
Their access to press conferences is a media privilege given to them for their work in journalism. We shouldn't let them abuse that privilege to the detriment of the team. They can still write whatever they want, we just have no obligation to lend them the credibility of being a first hand source.

You are right that the coverage from these will likely get worse, but the stance from the club is justified. Unfortunately how we're covered does affect players, but hopefully in the dressing room we're taking steps to turn it into an "us and against them" situation.

saik

Seems like a desperate move from United. Don't like what they write? Deal with it, make your arguments against their writings- don't ban the press. Pretty low from the club and i think it will backfire.

Surprised by the massive support this silly move is getting from the fans.
Luckhurst's reaction to being banned should let you know it isn't silly. They write make up stories without contacting the club, the shit stirrers. Good on the club for finally taking some action.

cyberman

No.

What makes you think it’s true?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Banning the media because you don't like what they write is silly.
Agreed.

A United spokesperson claims the ban has been imposed as the club was not approached for comment on a multiply-sourced story that Ten Hag is losing the confidence of some players over his tactics and signings. United insist they "regret" the ban.

United did not impose bans following last month's story that some United players were starting to doubt Ten Hag.
Incredibly small time if true.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’m fully on board with banning anyone tbh. Our house our rules.

There’s gonna be a fair bit of boiled piss in the weeks that follow though, especially with the run we’ve got coming up. Fergie could do these things and it didn’t matter because we’d win, whereas you know the narrative now will be “Ten Hag has lost the plot!”.