Mental scenes at Nice vs Marseille as fans fight players!

Crazy. Reckless thing to do by Payet. Should walk off.. that type of reaction endangers himself, other players and club employees and innocent fans.

I’m not condoning the fan that threw the bottle.. but some time, no matter how justified, you have to think of the worse case consequences of your reaction.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Crazy. Reckless thing to do by Payet. Should walk off.. that type of reaction endangers himself, other players and club employees and innocent fans.

I’m not condoning the fan that threw the bottle.. but some time, no matter how justified, you have to think of the worse case consequences of your reaction.
Very true, apparently it had been happening all night, maybe Payet had had enough, he’s human after all, still reckless but he’s clearly fecked off if every time he went there he gets a bottle upside the head

GazTheLegend

How do you watch scenes like that and blame Payet????

The ultras were doing it all game and the referee did nothing. How can you play football when you're getting pelted all game by coins, bottles etc etc. Particularly at corners.

atkar83

How does an entire group of fans react that way? I can see a small group of idiots trying something but not like that. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Pickle85

Ugh... people can be so moronic. Imagine being a grown up, going to a game and pitching bottles at players. Pathetic. I agree that Payet shouldn't react like that and I bet if he could go back again he wouldn't but nobody should be expected to put up with missiles being lobbed at them in their place of work.

Ha ha, Payet at fault :lol:

He’s human, he’s reacted, knobheads throwing shit should be banned for life. Even worse are the ones who then think that throwing back a bottle is an invite to jump on the pitch and have a fight.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I blame the refs for letting the game to on under those conditions. Team should have to play with an empty stadium for a few months.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
The Nice Ultras and the ref should be banned from football. The ref was a joke restarting the game without the Marseille players on field.

Kelly15

This makes me so sad. I thought we were making progress as humans. But these people show how far we have to go yet. Those people need some mental help. How as a adult could you think that that behavior is acceptable? They obvious have alot they have to deal with if they are taking out their frustrations on football players like that. They should be banned for life. And how could you not be embarrassed with yourself for acting like that?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
And the fans got rewarded with a win. Brilliant by the ref.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The Nice Ultras and the ref should be banned from football. The ref was a joke restarting the game without the Marseille players on field.
Game was restarted on request by the local police actually. They were afraid of the ultras taking to the streets in that state

This makes me so sad. I thought we were making progress as humans.
Based on what exactly? :lol:

Because some knobheads like to cancel shit on tinternet and be offended by everything?

Humanity will always have it’s dickheads, bullies, dictators, selfish pricks etc etc etc. Take the UK for example, some draconian views for sure but in general much more respectful and better behaved as people 100 years ago.

Nero

Few things more cringey in football than "Ultras".

Joseunited

Well said from the comfort of your home,meanwhile a footballer trying to play a game of football has all sorts of crap thrown at him.feck those mindless wankers for finally getting to go to watch a game of football and ruining it for everybody.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It was the league's decision, not the ref's, he didn't want to restart. Once the league took the decision to restart, he had no choice but to do this, those are the rules, they had to resume the play in order to acknowledge the fact that Marseille wasn't on the pitch in order to terminate the game.

Ainu

I wouldn't have set a foot on the pitch again if I was a Marseille player either. You can debate the rights and wrongs of Payet's action but I fail to see why players should just accept that they're getting bottles thrown at them during corners. If this had been happening repeatedly leading up to this incident, as is reported, the ref should've stopped the match earlier.

They should just stop the match at the first occurrence, get the Nice players, staff and stadium speaker to calm the situation, restart and fully abandon the match if it happens again. There's no excuses for that behaviour.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Well said from the comfort of your home,meanwhile a footballer trying to play a game of football has all sorts of crap thrown at him.feck those mindless wankers for finally getting to go to watch a game of football and ruining it for everybody.
I understand the 1st bottle he throws, he's human, I'd probably have done the same thing in the heat of the moment.

The second bottle is a mistake though, and the worse might be Alvaro kicking a ball to the supporters, that's what really set things on fire. But Alvaro is a moron, it's no surprise.

Pavl3n

There are some unearthly morons on this forum judging by some of the opening posts and there were some on that pitch last night.
According to some of the mental posts on here Payet is at fault for throwing the bottle back. God forbid a human gets frustrated for getting his head struck by bottle every time he nears the byline.
Fans running onto the pitch and attacking players is unthinkable. Match should've been abandoned then and there. It's a bad decision by the referee. Basically the Ref's decision says: "It's OK to be attacked by 200 fans, but it's not OK to be afraid it will happen again."

If the French don't award this win to OM there'll be a lot of bad publicity directed at the league.

CloneMC16

Anybody that throws shit on to the pitch at players should be banned for life. Disgusting behaviour by any fans that do this. I don't blame Payet for getting angry and reacting to it.

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
I understand Payet is human.
And Nice fans throwing bottles are idiots that should be banned for life. And Nice should be punished as well.

But Payet is still at fault for me. He didn’t throw it back at the guy that sent it. He sent it to a whole crowd where most of them had done nothing.

Bulldog United

Great idea rewarding the home team with a 3-0 win after launching missiles at opposition players, and then invading the pitch and attacking players. That should serve as a proper deterrent. Maybe the manager could even sub them on next time without a missile being thrown?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Just wow.
Reminds me of a Chicago bulls game in the 90s with a fan player riot.

Disgusting.
Payet will be the scape goat here which is wrong.

Nice should be docked points and made play behind closed doors.

The other clubs that have to go there should make a stand.

It's a feckin match lads. Be loud and intimidating all night but who goes with a thought of throwing bottles trying to hurt people.
cnuts