MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

Lance Uppercut

So after 6 years of unprecidented success, finishing second last year by a point wasn't good enough for him and he needs to move to a club that are going to win the title instantly ....

Hmmm...nah, not having that.
Sssssshh, we are finished. No one wants to play for us. We can't match his "ambitions."

:lol:

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Rooney officialy said he wants to leave

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex has had to say yesterday, and surprised by some of it.
It is absolutley true, my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract.
During those meetings in August, I asked for assurances that the club continued to seek to attract the top players in the world.
I never had anything but complete respect for Manchester United football club.
How could I not have done, given its fantastic history, especially its last 6 years, which I've been lucky to play a part.
For me, it's always about winning trophies, as the club has always done under Sir Alex Ferguson, because of that, I think the questions I ask were justified.
However, when I met with David Gill last week, he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him I would not be signing a new contract despite recent difficulties.
I know I will always owe Sir Alex a huge debt, he is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was 18.
For Manchester United's sake, I wish he could go on forever because he is a genius."

Mainoldo

You spoke to Gill last week Wayne? you told us you wanted out over 2 months ago back on August 14th, stop lying to yourself and us, City have offered you double money and youve seen nothing but ££££ ever since, feck off you greedy cnut.
I have no doubt Rooney is being offered bigger money else where... However you can't tell me that a player like Rooney wouldn't have asked whats the latest project for the club? Are we looking to attract the top world talents? To which the reply was probably No Wayne we are trying to invest in what we see as potential youth and we want you to be the focal point on this new team...

If i was Rooney i would be asking well what youth players are these?? Not the Smallings and Bebe you've just brought?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I need to go over this, with Wayne we have arguably one of the best strike forces in the league, same goes for defence imo. Fair enough we lack depth in the middle but that's a bullshit excuse.

From another perspecvtive its surprising enough he talked to Gill about the future of the squad, yet Fergie is the one who doesn't see value in the market.

Member 5225

So after 6 years of unprecidented success, finishing second last year by a point wasn't good enough for him and he needs to move to a club that are going to win the title instantly ....

Hmmm...nah, not having that.
6 years of history

1 pt away cos of a monumentally bad start by Chelski...he is at the club everyday and if he sees Ronaldo et all moving on only to be replaced by 'value' and buying Bebe for £7.4 but not Van Der Vaart for £8m - then to be perfectly honest, I too, would have questions

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Hmmm...nah, not having that
Inability to attract the top signings.

What like Valencia, who not only was specifically bought for us to build the team around you but laid on a significant proportion of your goals last season?

Miserable twat.
Exactly. BS.

Mojo_pin

I hope this motivates and unites the current MUFC players he is besmirching.

Ekeke

Is he right?
He would seem to be right about us not attracting top players. But that doesnt make it his reason for leaving. Its just an easy excuse to make and more than likely a seperate issue altogther.

But at the same time it sheds light on all the talk Sir Alex was talking in the summer about not needing big name players or to spend much money.

We do need to.

Whether its an honest reason from Rooney or not, other players will think that way at some point in the future especially the foreign players.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
You spoke to Gill last week Wayne? you told us you wanted out over 2 months ago back on August 14th, stop lying to yourself and us, City have offered you double money and youve seen nothing but ££££ ever since, feck off you greedy cnut.
Exactly and like Gill would ever disclose our future plans to a player, we're not Chelsea Wayne, now there's a club that would suit you just fine. I genuinely hope he never players for us again, good riddance, let's hope that Hernandez steps up in that time and establishes a partnership with Berbatov that's worthy of being first choice for us for years to come.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I hope that our current squad takes this as a challenge, and win the league this season.
and oh and a great way to pay Sir Alex back Rooney, by openly contradicting him in publically and making him look like a fool.

Seveneric

:lol: Really what else do people expect him to say? The "ambition" card is really only the only one he has left that helps him save face a little, and surprise, surprise, he plays it.

Mainoldo

I need to go over this, with Wayne we have arguably one of the best strike forces in the league, same goes for defence imo. Fair enough we lack depth in the middle but that's a bullshit excuse.

From another perspecvtive its surprising enough he talked to Gill about the future of the squad, yet Fergie is the one who doesn't see value in the market.
Do you know what goes on behind the the close doors of United?

wr8_utd

:'(
Wayne Rooney has confirmed he wants to leave Manchester United.

Here is his statement in full:

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one off and a genius."

Chabon

So Rooney has effectively walked out on the club two months into a season, that's utterly without precedent. Can you think of any other first choice player in world football who, in October, has announced he can never play for his club again? It's beyond disgraceful.

As for his lies, we've never "attracted the top players in the world" you stupid, greedy, selfish, short-sighted, deceitful little cnut. We make them, and he was the latest. And we finished 1 fecking point off the title, did Chelsea's big names throw tantrums after they finished no way near the title and their only signing was a reserve left-back? Did they feck, they buckled down and won the double, Rooney is utterly full of shit. This isn't personal reasons after all, and that was the only possible excuse. It's money, clear as day.

EricaNo7

Exactly and like Gill would ever disclose our future plans to a player, we're not Chelsea Wayne, now there's a club that would suit you just fine. I genuinely hope he never players for us again, good riddance, let's hope that Hernandez steps up in that time and establishes a partnership with Berbatov that's worthy of being first choice for us for years to come.

i would love that!

i never felt happy trying to idolize a scouser anyway!

Mainoldo

:lol: Really what else do people expect him to say? The "ambition" card is really only the only one he has left that helps him save face a little, and surprise, surprise, he plays it.
Of course it is... However we can only see the truth when the Rooney money arrives and what we do with it.

Saq

nice at least i can now sell him on fifa and pes...

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Really hope the team goes out there tonight and proves something. Dont want to hear any more bullshit from him. I want him out in january.

MJLD

Horrible little cnut, can feck right off. Never thought I'd say that about 'our Wayne'.

Untied

Wayne Rooney has confirmed he wants to leave Manchester United.

Here is his statement in full:

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one off and a genius."
So what about August 14th?

Hmm, what's that smell?

MacMUFC

Rooney officialy said he wants to leave

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex has had to say yesterday, and surprised by some of it. It is absolutley true, my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August, I asked for assurances that the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.(?) I never had anything but complete respect for Manchester United football club . How could I not have done, given its fantastic history, especially its last 6 years, which I've been lucky to play a part. For me, it's always about winning trophies, as the club has always done under Sir Alex Ferguson. Because of that, I think the questions I ask were justified. However, when I met with David Gill last week, he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him I would not be signing a new contract despite recent dificulties. I know I will always how Sir Alex a huge debt, he is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was 18. For Manchester United's sake, I wish he could go on forever because he is a genius."
feck me, did he write that?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Also...where did the "breakdown with the manager/frozen out" stuff come from then?

Didn't work did it, so they had to change tac

Complete an utter bollocks.

But that wont stop MUST an the gimpoids using this prick of a player as their standard barer for the G&G movement....which is actually going to put me right off it.

Using the movement to try and curry some favour with the fans after he's basically sacking the club off after one non league winning (but cup winning) season in 4 years is disgusting.

Red_Aaron

So Rooney has effectively walked out on the club two months into a season, that's utterly without precedent. Can you think of any other first choice player in world football who, in October, has announced he can never play for his club again? It's beyond disgraceful.

As for his lies, we've never "attracted the top players in the world" you stupid, greedy, selfish, short-sighted, deceitful little cnut. We make them, and he was the latest. And we finished 1 fecking point off the title, did Chelsea's big names throw tantrums after they finished no way near the title and their only signing was a reserve left-back? Did they feck, they buckled down and won the double, Rooney is utterly full of shit. This isn't personal reasons after all, and that was the only possible excuse. It's money, clear as day.
testify!