MERGED - The 2010/2011 ASHES tour thread...all Ashes related chat here please!

Sam

I'm confused...didn't the review say it was hitting..so why's he not out? :confused:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm confused...didn't the review say it was hitting..so why's he not out? :confused:
If your watching on Sky, they said the graphic was wrong. The original decision was not-out and as the ball was only clipping leg stump and not 'fully' hitting it, the decision stays as the on-field umpire called it - ie. not out.

Sam

It was wrong, it clearly showed the ball missing.
If your watching on Sky, they said the graphic was wrong. The original decision was not-out and as the ball was only clipping leg stump and not 'fully' hitting it, the decision stays as the on-field umpire called it - ie. not out.
Isn't it because Hawkeye isn't 100% accurate, so they give benefit of the doubt to the umpire's original decision
samabachan said:
The decision was so marginal that it falls within the statictical margin for error on hawkeye, and therefore the benefit of the doubt is given to the umpire's decision either way.
Ah cheers lads. I've got it on stream with the sound muted, all I saw was the graphic saying it was hitting, and got rather confused as to why he wasn't given out :lol:

ha_rooney

Edged by Trott, just short of slip. Siddle's been impressive so far

ha_rooney

Another edge, Trott looking nervous...

ha_rooney

Great shot by Trott. Warney already critical of the Australian tactics, what is his beef with Ponting?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Sad to see Trott go, he's entertaining to watch..come on KP

zing

Zingle balls
Why were the two threads merged? Bit silly.. one thread for 5 matches.. and considering that the moderators thought it prudent to have an entire forum for the previous Ashes..

Caught the last 10-12 overs of this session. Johnson's bowling a lot of rubbish, as is Watson. Doherty's OK, too flat and too fast through the air, though. Occasionally erring in line. Cook's playing really well.

zing

Zingle balls
I see the predictions thread has been merged into this one as well. Pretty idiotic.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
172-4 at tea, pretty even although id guess Australia will be slightly the happier side given the pitch isn't offering much, Cooks played very well just hope he can go on he has a habit of getting out in the 60's ive noticed and England really need a big score from him, Bell looks a man in form but again needs to go on and build this partnership up with Cook.

Crucial last season coming up, if England can at most lose 1 wicket and end the day somewhere around 270-4/5 then they'll be pretty happy especially after losing the skipper so early.

Not been very impressed with the ozzie attack, looks pretty pedestrian, not much pace Johnson looks his usual shite whenever ive seen him, Siddle looks the main threat for them, Doherty looks steady without looking overly threatening.

zing

Zingle balls
England are batting the game away from the Aussies right now.

Australia bowling quite horribly..

MUFC1902

For those following at home, England have gone from looking quite comfortable at 4/197 to 7/197 in the past five minutes. A lot of responsibility resting on Bell now.

Matt23v2

Lol @ England, Australia picks a deadset average team, and they still manage to feck it up, Siddle gets a hattrick, I rest my case.

Neutral

BTV
not sure England were that comfortable at 4/197...it was a good recovery by Bell and Cook from their 4/125.

Australia were never going to simply roll over.