Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 101472

phenomenal goal. Is it just me or do Real always seem to be getting outplayed and then hit worldie's from no where. Tell you what though, this is phenomenal team. almost feel sorry for all the other players. At least when Barca where in there pomp the likes of Xavi and Iniesta and Busquets got recognized. The media recognizes no other Real player. Marcelo is the best left back i've ever seen. And Kroos And Modirc arent far behind Xavi and Iniesta. (i do loathe Casemiro though, never since Xabi Alonso have i seen a player get away with so many tactical fouls. I hate conspiracy theories. But there is something seriously wrong with how many tactical fouls he is aloud to get away with}
Depends on the media. The ones on Canadian tv (two English guys and Stephen caldwell) called Kroos and Modric two of the best midfielders in history and Marcelo the best left back in the world.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Is it just me or do Real always seem to be getting outplayed and then hit worldie's from no where.
That’s what happens when you have a world class midfield and forward line. Modric going there still haunts me as Fergie wanted him to replace Scholes first time round. As for Kroos, well, his form over the last 3/4 years has been outstanding.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Wasn’t Ronaldo supposed to be in the MLS starting last year? Weird.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
@VancouverUtdFan can you please stop using the term fanboi, let alone spelling it that way. You’re not a child.

And this thread must have added 5 pages between Sunday and yesterday, it doesn’t need ronaldo scoring a goal like that to catch fire.
It most certainly does and it's perfectly timed too after the amount of stupidity this thread reached in the past few days. The thing about Ronaldo is that there's no such thing as shutting up his critics anymore, it's good to know they're all still here with no shame at all.

Deleted member 101472

It most certainly does and it's perfectly times too after the amount of stupidity this thread rreached in the past few days. The thing about Ronaldo is that there's no such thing as shutting up his critics, it's good to know they're all still here with no shame at all.
I don’t see anyone criticising him here based on tonight. I think the only thing that goal goes tonight in terms of their rivalry is puts ronaldo at the top of the pile for best goal either of them have scored in their careers. Messi v Bilbao in the cup final and against real in the CL semi probably come closest but I like Ronnie’s tonight more.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
It most certainly does and it's perfectly timed too after the amount of stupidity this thread reached in the past few days. The thing about Ronaldo is that there's no such thing as shutting up his critics anymore, it's good to know they're all still here with no shame at all.
I’m telling you, they’re deluded and can’t accept the reality of it :lol:

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
If you don't think it's a contest at all then you haven't got a clue.
In terms of who's the better player I don't because Messi is better.

However don't infer from that I think Ronaldo isn't a great of the game as he obviously is. As I've said countless times already I place him in the top 10.

You seem to be under the impression that those who say Messi is better are also claiming Ronaldo is crap or something. :confused:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I don’t see anyone criticising him here based on tonight. I think the only thing that goal goes tonight in terms of their rivalry is puts ronaldo at the top of the pile for best goal either of them have scored in their careers. Messi v Bilbao in the cup final and against real in the CL semi probably come closest but I like Ronnie’s tonight more.
Give it a few months and we'll be arguing about it, that's always how it goes. After the game has just finished is not long enough to try and rewrite history. A few months from now he'll have done nothing other than score, Madrid's midfield dominated the match and he was just the finishing touch.

Deleted member 101472

What do people prefer? I think when you take everything into account that’s Messis best goal, 0-0 in a cup final and a more impressive dribble than the one versus Madrid in the CL semi final. Getafe are shite so that goal isn’t as impressive in an all time sense.

Undoubtedly Ronaldo’s best goal in his career.

I opt for CR7

El Che

Does Messi vs Getafe ring a bell?

We've seen bicycle kicks from time to time and although CR7s tonight was spectacular it's not unique. Hell, Mandzukic in the CL final last year was close. Messi vs. Getafe and vs. Bilbao in the CDR final were complete one man shows of destroying the entire defense by ones self.

GeorgieBoy

Penaldo...
Honestly, I get why Messi is considered the better of the two but I'd much rather have a peak Ronaldo in our team than Messi. That's probably my United bias but there's something special about Ronaldo which Messi doesn't quite have.
Love seeing him do well, but still slightly bitter it isn't with us. Like seeing your ex start hooking up with a 6 foot plus bodybuilder.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
My dream of Messi playing against Stoke on a wet windy cold Wednesday night at the Brittania is over once Stoke get relegated :(
True.

Cardiff will come up though. Do you think Messi could do it on a cold, wet and windy night in South Wales? I certainly don't!

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Which Mod changed 'Messi' to 'Not Messi' in the poll? :lol:

REVEAL YOURSELF!!!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
In terms of who's the better player I don't because Messi is better.

However don't infer from that I think Ronaldo isn't a great of the game as he obviously is. As I've said countless times already I place him in the top 10.

You seem to be under the impression that those who say Messi is better are also claiming Ronaldo is crap or something. :confused:
I like how you putting him as a top 10 player of all time is supposed to be a compliment :lol:

It's not 2014 for fecks sake. I'd be interested to see who the other 9 are then.

But let me guess this straight, you think they're 2 of the top 10 of all time and at the same time you believe there shouldn't even be a debate on who's better? How is that possible? I think I've repeated myself enough times in this thread and I'm over arguing about it but thinking it's not a contest at all is just idiotic. And that would be true wether he played the game he did or if he had played like crap.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Undoubtedly Ronaldo’s best goal in his career.
Not sure it even makes his top 10 best goals to be honest. If you take into account the importance of matches it's either this one, the Porto one or the Arsenal freekick.

MrBest

My best Ronaldo goal was the free kick against Portsmouth from.about 45 yards out. He created a new way of taking free kicks and many have tried to copy.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Critics? You and a few other stans seem to be taking people saying Messi is better as being a "critic".

I don't think anyone actually doubts Ronaldo or doesn't appreciate how good he is.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

My best Ronaldo goal was the free kick against Portsmouth from.about 45 yards out. He created a new way of taking free kicks and many have tried to copy.
Great goal but let’s not start to rewrite history. Juninho Pernambucano at Lyon was doing every free kick you could ever imagine including the so-called ‘knuckleball’ before Ronaldo.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
But let me guess this straight, you think they're 2 of the top 10 of all time and at the same time you believe there shouldn't even be a debate on who's better? How is that possible?
What kind of logic is this?

I think Messi and Maradona are 1 and 2 all time. I think Cruyff is also in the top 10. I don't think there should be any debate as to whether or not Cruyff is better than them (he clearly isn't).

MrBest

Great goal but let’s not start to rewrite history. Juninho Pernambucano at Lyon was doing every free kick you could ever imagine including the so-called ‘knuckleball’ before Ronaldo.
Lol forgot about him! Guess I have my to also tint3d glasses on!

Status
Not open for further replies.