Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipo

In La Liga you can compare Messi with Ronaldo. But when its come to UCL and the national team, then Messi is nowhere close to Ronaldo.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I leave this link

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2017/227/en/

Messi First
CR 16th

And I leave it to it guys as non biased football connoisseurs to discuss
These statistics are not important because they involve all games. The only facts that matter are those that address a extremely specific set of very few games in which absolutely coincidentally Ronaldo outperformed Messi. And with "outperformed" I mean he scored more goals because this is obviously the single most important thing in football and should determine who the greatest is. I always have had this understanding of football and definitely didn't change my criteria in order to favor Cristiano. Ah and by the way, we all know that in "all time" greatest discussions, the last few years are the most important ones. Let's just not include what happened before this period of.. let's just say the last four years :)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
These statistics are not important because they involve all games. The only facts that matter are those that address a extremely specific set of very few games in which absolutely coincidentally Ronaldo outperformed Messi. And with "outperformed" I mean he scored more goals because this is obviously the single most important thing in football and should determine who the greatest is. I always have had this understanding of football and definitely didn't change my criteria in order to favor Cristiano. Ah and by the way, we all know that in "all time" greatest discussions, the last few years are the most important ones. Let's just not include what happened before this period of.. let's just say the last four years :)
Let’s rather misrepresent everything that’s been said and pretend others are changing their arguments rather than argue why those arguments don't make sense. Then let's focus on a list that puts David Silva as the second best player in the world by focusing on nonsensical stats similar to these.

Who cares about winning and a player's contribution to that if he didn't contribute by playing the exact way I want football to be played, right?

You could watch Ronaldo walk on water and you’d argue it’s because he can’t swim.

AgentP

Last chance for either of these players to end the debate once and for all by winning the World Cup.

Pass and Move

In La Liga you can compare Messi with Ronaldo. But when its come to UCL and the national team, then Messi is nowhere close to Ronaldo.
In La Liga you can compare their numbers. Ronaldo's all round game is clearly not as good as Messi's.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Might want to throw trainings, squad travels and team bbq's there too, if you're going to assess them unfairly then you can add as many aspects as you want to make Ronaldo look better.

Ahsan_6386

Ah this is the ultimate comparison and rivalry . I think its fair to say every stats and points have been discussed and debated here on this topic already . I will just add a little something to it . I personally feel Ronaldo is Batman compared to Messi's Superman . One was born for greatness and fulfilled every expectation of him . The other reached to the top on the back of his hardwork and sheer determination while proving everyone wrong at every point of his career . Messi is extraordinary in every sense the great he is talked about but Ronaldo is no less and he is a match to him .

We should enjoy them as football fans and not as Messi fan boys or Ronaldo fan boys . They deserve all the respect and attention garnered upon them . I doubt we will ever see another football rivalry as good as this anytime soon .

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
If anyone can watch both of them and come to the conclusion Ronaldo is better I have lost hope in humanity

Cal?

CR7 fan
If anyone can watch both of them and come to the conclusion Ronaldo is better I have lost hope in humanity
You have expressed this absurd view many times, nothing is added to the debate by reminding us. :houllier:

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
When people started respecting and understanding other people’s opinions, my faith will be restored in humanity :)
Well, the common behaviour from both sides is the thread is basically this

So, you're not looking in the best place to restore your faith :lol:

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
80+ pages since I last checked this thread.

Ronaldo most CL wins by a player. More than Barca has as a club.

GOAT GOAT GOAT !!!!!!!

Make it 6-5 Ballon d’Ors babbbbyyyyyy the legend continues !

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football

GOAT GOAT GOAT !!!!!!!

A 2000'er for sure. Twitter and the internet era have alot to answer for producing stuff like this.

In Rainbows

GOAT GOAT GOAT !!!!!!!

Only you would celebrate this like Ronaldo actually won his team the finals.

:lol:

Embarrassing.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He couldn't even score or dribble past player even when they stopped playing during that fan cameo. :lol:

I wouldn't probably bump this thread if I was Ronaldo fanboy.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

GOAT GOAT GOAT !!!!!!!

Oh God, I thought this thread wasn't going to be bumped tonight. Ronaldo was poor by his standards, should've had couple of goals but missed both of them.

Still an incredible CL campaign mind you, think he's again finished as top scorer for 6 seasons running.

He couldn't even score or dribble past player even when they stopped playing during that fan cameo. :lol:

I wouldn't probably bump this thread if I was Ronaldo fanboy.
Think he's only played 60 mins of football in 3 weeks due to an ankle injury, so don't think it's wise to judge him based on his performance today. Even though his final performance is nothing home to write about it has still been an incredible campaign for him.

Ronnie was poor today. He isn't a front runner for Ballon d'Or.
World Cup will have a big say in that but at the moment he is, a lackluster performance in the final doesn't take away everything he's done prior to that.

Last edited:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

GOAT GOAT GOAT !!!!!!!

:lol: I was wondering whether it would be you or Cal that bumped this thread first.

Isn't that his 5th CL though? Gento won 6, and Barca as a club have won 5.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're purposefully excluding the old European Cup

Zen

The Ballon d'Or is going to whoever shows up at the World Cup..since neither Salah or Ronaldo confirmed it today.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Still an incredible CL campaign mind you, think he's again finished as top scorer for 6 seasons running.
Yup good campaign but for this match alone he hasn't stand out. Okayish game for him and incredible achievment how he has lead the club in all this campaigns but, again, in this match the standout players were Bale and Karius.

marktan

Ronaldo was very poor today, I'm a fan of his but he's lost a lot of sharpness in his game and it'll only get worse.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
:lol: I was wondering whether it would be you or Cal that bumped this thread first.

Isn't that his 5th CL though? Gento won 6, and Barca as a club have won 5.
@ the latter, yes.

And yea he either has more or the same amount as Barca can’t remember which

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Ronnie was poor today. He isn't a front runner for Ballon d'Or.
He was poor but he will win BDR. If Salah stayed on and Liverpool won then he might've won it but that's all if's now. Unless someone like Neymar or Messi win the WC, that is.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I can see this meaning Messi and Salah still having a chance with a decent world cup and performances of the 18/19 season being taken into account. Didn't expect that at the time when he hit that overhead kick.

AndyJ1985

He contributes almost nothing outside of scoring goals. That's why it's utter nonsense to consider him the best ever

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Don't think he should win it, only turned up vs Psg and Juve, apart for that he hasn't done much at all this season.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Lot depends on the world cup now.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Today was not his best game but he's definitely among the favorites to win Ballon d'Or leading his club to their 3rd consecutive UCL trophy. :drool:

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Don't think he should win it, only turned up vs Psg and Juve, apart for that he hasn't done much at all this season.
He was MIA for first 2 months of the league year and still ended up with most goals in Europe with 10 less games played.

Same amount or 1 less goal (can’t remember) in the CL than Barca had as a squad.

...behave yourself.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
@ the latter, yes.

And yea he either has more or the same amount as Barca can’t remember which
One of Barca's titles is the old European Cup, so if you've decided against all evidence to the contrary that football only started in August 1992 then Ronaldo has indeed won one more CL than Barca ;).

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He was MIA for first 2 months of the league year and still ended up with most goals in Europe with 10 less games played.

Same amount or 1 less goal (can’t remember) in the CL than Barca had as a squad.

...behave yourself.
Nah mate more about performances , pummelling poor la liga sides shouldn't mean too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.