Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Righteous Steps

I am sorry no. This isn't worth even debating.
The thing is you couldn’t put up a good argument if you tried, it’s very clear cut, Ronaldo has never averaged more than 3 dribbles per game in his life, the closer he came was 09/10 season with 2.9 dribbles per game, Hazard has 3.4 this season and that’s not even his best.

MJJ

The thing is you couldn’t put up a good argument if you tried, it’s very clear cut, Ronaldo has never averaged more than 3 dribbles per game in his life, the closer he came was 09/10 season with 2.9 dribbles per game, Hazard has 3.4 this season and that’s not even his best.
Just because a player dribbles more it doesn't make him a better dribbler.

Pocho

The only funny thing is your unintelligent one-liners.
And the guy who brings onze d'ors into picture to prove messi's supposed "supremacy".
It's only football, don't take it so personal.

zkap

Supports
Barça
Ronaldo is apparently a better dribbler than Neymar and Hazard.

Is Ronaldo a better freestyler than Ronaldinho? Can't wait to find out, I bet he is.

Rito

Supports
Chelsea
Ronaldo is apparently a better dribbler than Neymar and Hazard.

Is Ronaldo a better freestyler than Ronaldinho? Can't wait to find out, I bet he is.
Anything is possible in a world where ronaldo's bicycle kick was assisted. I mean, he only had one thing to do, right?

zkap

Supports
Barça
Anything is possible in a world where ronaldo's bicycle kick was assisted. I mean, he only had one thing to do, right?
I read that argument, didn't reply.

That was no assist. Carvajal misplaced that cross, it was all Ronaldo. Brilliant goal. I said as much when he scored it. I was in awe, just like I am whenever I see the replay of that masterpiece.

Pocho

I read that argument, didn't reply.

That was no assist. Carvajal misplaced that cross, it was all Ronaldo. Brilliant goal. I said as much when he scored it. I was in awe, just like I am whenever I see the replay of that masterpiece.
I think that Bale's in the final was better though and in a more important stage.

MrEleson

Where are you getting these stats may I ask? Because I saw stats that he had over 3-4 dribbles per game in 09/10.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yeah, just like you messi fans think his 2011 version was the best even, by the way Ronaldo won the league and copa del rey that period...so it wasn't like he was trophy less; the major difference is that this present Ronaldo is the most decisive and clutch player in history
Can't have both. Which one is better, the younger who was a better dribbler, faster, etc. or the older one that won more and was more "clutch"?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Can't have both. Which one is better, the younger who was a better dribbler, faster, etc. or the older one that won more and was more "clutch"?
Don't think the question about the "better version" is that significant. He has been both versions (perhaps more) in one player, in one career. That's pretty huge.

Steele

Just because a player dribbles more it doesn't make him a better dribbler.

So what would make him a better dribbler? I guess we could also say Ronaldo is not a better goal scorer than Hazard.

IFC 1905

Aguero, Di Maria, Mascherano, Higuain..They are all old now but what a fantastic group of players it was. There is no excuse. If you are Brazilian, Argentinian or German, in order to be considered the goat you need to lead your NT in a major title.

Such a ridiculous statement which always gets repeated

zkap

Supports
Barça
Don't think the question about the "better version" is that significant. He has been both versions (perhaps more) in one player, in one career. That's pretty huge.
How is it not significant? If we are choosing between these two players, I think their best versions logically come into play.

For me, the current Messi is the best Messi, while the current Ronaldo is not the best Ronaldo, as I prefer him from his early Madrid days.

How can Ronaldo be better than Messi if his current version is inferior to the one that won less? You can see how this makes the Ronaldo argument problematic, as his advocates will always turn to the champions league titles as evidence of his superiority, though it seems a younger version of him was better without all that success.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
How is it not significant? If we are choosing between these two players, I think their best versions logically come into play.

For me, the current Messi is the best Messi, while the current Ronaldo is not the best Ronaldo, as I prefer him from his early Madrid days.

How can Ronaldo be better than Messi if his current version is inferior to the one that won less? You can see how this makes the Ronaldo argument problematic, as his advocates will always turn to the champions league titles as evidence of his superiority, though it seems a younger version of him was better without all that success.
I'm not making "the Ronaldo argument". Messi is the better player for me hands down.

All I'm saying is that Ronaldo's earlier prowess and his second peak both highlight his outstanding quality, as it's the same player who achieved both.

zkap

Supports
Barça
I'm not making "the Ronaldo argument". Messi is the better player for me hands down.

All I'm saying is that Ronaldo's earlier prowess and his second peak both highlight his outstanding quality, as it's the same player who achieved both.
That's fine, I wasn't assuming you were on one side or the other, just making a general statement that Ronaldo fans preferring the younger versions of him are essentially contradicting most of the pro-Ronaldo arguments in this thread.

And for the record, I agree with you, Ronaldo has changed his game and it's quite a feat. I prefer the Ronaldo from the beginning of his Madrid spell, that was a beast of a player, but later in his career he made adjustments to make the most of his surroundings and avoid ceding ground due to physical decline. It's truly impressive, credit to him for finding his place in any situation he was in. There are too many extremely talented footballers who cannot do that.

Tostao_80

They are wrong about him.
A minute ago you were saying we should take the Argentine medias word. Then when i alluded that they didnt like Higuain, you decided to change tac and say they were wrong. Damn, your cohorts here will be disappointed.:nono::nono:

Charles Miller

A minute ago you were saying we should take the Argentine medias word. Then when i alluded that they didnt like Higuain, you decided to change tac and say they were wrong. Damn, your cohorts here will be disappointed.:nono::nono:
It will not change the fact i'm right when i agree with them in the first case and disagree in the second subject. They are right everytime we share the same opinion.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That's fine, I wasn't assuming you were on one side or the other, just making a general statement that Ronaldo fans preferring the younger versions of him are essentially contradicting most of the pro-Ronaldo arguments in this thread.
That's what I was aiming for.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
But they have the ucl GOAT, most clutch player ever?
They'd not be in the quarters if not for him & Simeone's disgusting tactics in Turin. Ronaldo has been given one good chance tonight, and he took it. Ronaldo has had a decent tournament, but his team just ran into a better one.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Ronaldo really disappointing in defence today, where he has had a major edge over Messi these last few years. Completely undone by the ajax attack.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Maybe @Cal? will finally admit it's a team game?
When have I ever denied that? It's the other side who seem to think Messi wins everything all by himself and whenever he doesn't, it's the manager/Higuain/etc's fault.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Bye bye Ronaldo. Shame for him because he literally invests his entire season for CL final stages because that's all that matters for Ballon d'Or, but it's good to see Juventus fail. Bring on another Ballon d'Or for Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.