Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Eric

Wonder what Van der Vaart is going to do now. This clearly means he's not going to play. They now have Kaka, Ozil, VDV, Canales and also Granero for the same position now.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
That's 2 in 2 I have for Madrid in 2 years. If I was on a madrid forum I'd be their best ITK.

I'd say we expressed an interest but got told he would only sign for one club. The feckers who play in white.

Bit like Benzema really.

When SAF said "there are lots of clubs interested" a couple of weeks back I'm sure knew the move to Madrid was all but done and dusted.
Probably, and I guess this comes back to your (?) thread about our transfer policy changing, we just won't compete with the mega money at the moment

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
R.I.P Mesut Ozil's Career. 2006 - 2010.

Showed so much promise :(

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Thank feck for Bebe! Might save some muppet lives!

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Unless he's given permission by Werder to talk to other clubs. How else would a deal ever be struck if he couldn't talk to other clubs full-stop?
The same way all deals are theoretically done - you agree a fee with the club and get permission to speak to the player.

In practice, of course, agents hawk their players around everyone.

It sounds very much like Real didn't bother getting Bremen's permission.

It also sounds like they sorted out in the end, so not a lot will happen.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
I wonder if all the resident Ronaldo fanbois (yes that means you, Lailani and Cal) are going to keep up their ridiculous charade about Madrid being exempt from the criticism aimed at Barca in their pursuit of Fabregas?

I know that all big clubs are guilty of tapping up, to an extent, but these Spanish feckers really take the piss.
I never said Real were angels, quite the opposite. Still their pursuit of Özil is hardly comparable to Barcelona's pursuit of Fabregas. I dislike both clubs, for your information.

All Ozil fanbois who didn't even know who he was before the world cup....

You shall not be missed!
Exactly. It's funny how I was accused of reverse muppetry when I said he wouldn't come to United and would either stay for a year or go to Spain.

As for his father and agent, it's known in Bremen that they have a bad influence on Özil and the claim that Real were the only club where Özil ever wanted to play is simply not true. He's a Barcelona childhood fan, have said so himself several times over the years and would have also gone to them.

Ruud_boy_10

That's supposed to happen after the two clubs agree a fee.

Which clearly didn't happen here.
Not really. It would be pointless spending weeks negotiating a deal with the club only for the player to say he isn't interested. Unless Bremen had a problem with ozil talking to madrid then it isn't tapping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.