Gaming Metal Gear Solid

Tyeza

Look forward to playing this game. If this one lives up to the quality standards the other three did, then this game will leave you wetting yourself! Can't see it coming out on PS3 myself. Like Halo really. We'll never see that on any of the PS consoles.

pert

GTAIV will be nothing compared to this. MGS has a deep story, meaningful characters and you can never bored of it. GTA gets tedious and repetitive after a while, for me anyway.
Yes all very well but it won't be the biggest game of 2008

GTA will run away with that award

Tyeza

I doubt that very much pert. I could sit on MGS for hours and not get bored. When I played San Andreas I would kill some people having a giggle, do a few missions and get bored after half hour. It's not all that great.

pert

Well I could play GTA for hours on end, and did so as a kid

Plus it's online, which makes it even more depth to it

Played MGS on the PS2, bored the life out of me, sold it after a week

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
They're also adapting a movie of it aswell, so that should be something to look forward to. Hope it isn't the last in the series, this game deserves to go on and on. (Like FF)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Enjoy shooting people and sneaking about for the 900000000000th time.
It's a stealth game, not a kill as many as you can in as many minutes game!

:lol:

I expect it to be a good game but game of the year? no way.

If story line and history are to go by, then its resident evil when it comes :)
Agree with you on that, not out till 2009 though, so we have a while to wait.

redmanc

It's a stealth game, not a kill as many as you can in as many minutes game!

Agree with you on that, not out till 2009 though, so we have a while to wait.
feck, last time i checked on play.com it was due in April 2008, its been put back? criminal!!!

Ekeke

:lol:

I expect it to be a good game but game of the year? no way.

If story line and history are to go by, then its resident evil when it comes :)
Resident Evil is a great series but it comes nowhere near MGS with its story. Thats partly to do with having so many 'main' characters - but also because MGS has always been far more immersive.

redmanc

Resident Evil is a great series but it comes nowhere near MGS with its story. Thats partly to do with having so many 'main' characters - but also because MGS has always been far more immersive.
Well, thats your opinion, which we know doesn't really hold much weight on the caf.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Metal Gear 4 looks solid.

Some of the screens reminds me of 1st episode in Call Of Duty 4.

It will be a massive hit but I don't think it will win with popularity of GTA.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The only reason GTA may win is due to the fact it is being released on both the 360 and PS3, that is a potential 29m, whereas MGS4 is only being released on PS3, which is a potential 11m sales. (Based on Sales of the consoles so far)

Ekeke

Well, thats your opinion, which we know doesn't really hold much weight on the caf.
Prove that there's a more immersive action game series than Metal Gear Solid.

You didn't even know when the game you're lauding is coming out, I highly doubt you have a shred of a clue as to anything else to do with it. :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Play.com said they had it in on April 08 originally, which is what prompted me to buy the PS3 when i saw it, shame its delayed as its a brilliant series of games.
Agreed, glad Redfield is back, and I hope Wesker plays a bigger part in this game, brilliant character.

redmanc

Prove that there's a more immersive action game series than Metal Gear Solid.

You didn't even know when the game you're lauding is coming out, I highly doubt you have a shred of a clue as to anything else to do with it. :lol:
The game date got pushed back so i dont know anything? Probably the weakest statement you've come out with yet, in just about any of the threads you've been spreading you retardism in.

Ekeke

The game date got pushed back so i dont know anything? Probably the weakest statement you've come out with yet, in just about any of the threads you've been spreading you retardism in.
play.com always make guesses. You should always do proper research shitfringe.

redmanc

Agreed, glad Redfield is back, and I hope Wesker plays a bigger part in this game, brilliant character.
I'll never forget walking through the library on res evil two and falling through the floor (i was about 14) fecking shit myself, that and the first encounter with the mutated thing on the ceiling in the police station, oh the memories :)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'll never forget walking through the library on res evil two and falling through the floor (i was about 14) fecking shit myself, that and the first encounter with the mutated thing on the ceiling in the police station, oh the memories :)
Scariest moment has to be when you're walking through one of the corridors on Res1, and the dogs jump through the windows. Scary stuff!