Gaming Metal Gear Solid

pert

It's bollocks, so no, it doesn't help.
Well that shows you know feck all

Yeah, you may have played the Xbox round your cousins house for about 5 minutes, but how the feck can you judge it without playing it properly?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Well that shows you know feck all

Yeah, you may have played the Xbox round your cousins house for about 5 minutes, but how the feck can you judge it without playing it properly?
Actually, I had a 360 for over a year, but once I got the RROD twice in as many months, I decided to trade it in for the PS3, which I happen to think is the better console, which many will see this year.

pert

Actually, I had a 360 for over a year, but once I got the RROD twice in as many months, I decided to trade it in for the PS3, which I happen to think is the better console, which many will see this year.
Xbox beats PS3 at this moment in time

So yeah, it will come out the better console but at the moment it's not

pert

Having plenty of decent games, having a decent online service, you get what you pay for at the end of the day

Xbox live is amzaing

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I see nothing wrong with PSN, never had a problem with it, and at the end of the day I don't have to pay £40 a year for it.

And the PS3 has plenty of good games to play on it.

And you're right, you do get what you pay for, that is why the PS3 is such good value for money at £299.

pert

I see nothing wrong with PSN, never had a problem with it, and at the end of the day I don't have to pay £40 a year for it.

And the PS3 has plenty of good games to play on it.

And you're right, you do get what you pay for, that is why the PS3 is such good value for money at £299.
The PSN is shit compared to Xbox live, I wouldn't mind paying if they had a decent service in place, but they don't, XBL pisses over it

RE: Games, I have 17 good games for my Xbox, 3 for the PS3 and 2 are shite, it has hardly any decent ones

And the Xbox 360 is cheaper at £250

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The PSN is shit compared to Xbox live, I wouldn't mind paying if they had a decent service in place, but they don't, XBL pisses over it

RE: Games, I have 17 good games for my Xbox, 3 for the PS3 and 2 are shite, it has hardly any decent ones

For your £250 you get feck all.

How many of your 17 are FPS?

And there are plenty of good games out for the PS3, DMC4, COD4, Warhawk, RSV, Resistance, UTIII, Uncharted to name a few.

Justin

Yes, not sure whether he will die or not, but it is definately the last Metal Gear game with Snake as the main protagonist.
I hope they won't be stupid and make Raiden (or some similar character) just to extend the game. That would be a tragedy.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I hope they won't be stupid and make Raiden (or some similar character) just to extend the game. That would be a tragedy.
Raiden is involved in this game, that is certain. Whether he will be playable or not we still don't know. He looks much better than he did in MGS2 though and seems to have more of an 'edge' about him.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Limited Edition MGS4 Playstation 3 Model in the Works?

Based on a few news stories that came rolling in today, it looks like we may be seeing a Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 Playstation 3 pretty soon. Say that ten times fast.

The picture above is from Dengeki Playstation magazine. The picture shows the upcoming PS3 bundle. The PS3 unit is blacked out with a question mark over it.

That, coupled with the information reported today that stated we’ll be seeing the “look” of the bundled PS3 on March 21st, I think there’s a good chance that a Limited Edition console is on the way.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/02/28/limited-edition-mgs4-playstation-3-in-the-works/

Justin

Raiden is involved in this game, that is certain. Whether he will be playable or not we still don't know. He looks much better than he did in MGS2 though and seems to have more of an 'edge' about him.
That's because he's supposed to be a cyborg now.

WeasteDevil

Let's get this right once and for all shall we? Once they get the XMB accessible in game, there will be no major differences between the base functionality of both networks. What's left, achievements? :lol: If that floats your boat, HOME supports achievements, as well as lots of stuff that XBox LIVE does not, and will be available this year. A possible taste of things to come? Well, just a few insights if you feel that HOME is nothing more than a poor man's Second Life:

One of the first games expected to shine in one of Home's series of game portals is Insomniac's Resistance: Fall of Man. Resistance is said to provide Home visitors with an interesting room to explore, one that will let PlayStation 3 owners visit unseen areas of the game and tap into bonus content in the form of "intercepted" radio communications between European and U.S. forces.

While Resistance: Fall of Man's integration with Home should have bonus content fans excited, old school run-and-gun shooter fans should be pretty pumped about what they may be getting with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune's contribution. We hear that the Home portal for Naughty Dog's PlayStation 3 adventure will follow in Resistance's footsteps, allowing Home avatars to explore the game's levels without the threat of being shot at, a nice feature. But it's the Uncharted mini-game that has us far more pumped. According to our sources, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune comes to Home armed with a side-scrolling 2D arcade game, described to us as reminiscent of both Contra and Out Of This World. Sounds kind of like Capcom's 2D remake of Bionic Commando in its execution, full of enemies and exploding barrels to shoot.

The Home lobby for the Incognito dogfighter WarHawk will serve as a "war room" where up to eight players can meet to discuss their strategy for an upcoming match. Sure, you could do that with text or voice chat, but it sounds like the developers have gone the extra mile to make planning your battles even cooler. Using a three-dimensional "sand table" replication of the level, Warhawk players are said to be able to lay out their strategies in a properly scaled space. They'll even be able to place little army men avatars around the map to envision their formations, something we hope they can also do with teeny tiny Warhawk planes, tanks and Jeeps.
And yes, HOME is going to be free.

As for your second point, the XBox obviously provides games that suit your specific mentality (Wii does the same for Wii owners, nothing wrong with that apart from the fact that you don't get Wii owners strutting around talking bollocks). To say the PS3 has no decent games is a joke. Maybe you should rephrase that to say "it hardly has any decent ones I would normally play". Coming from someone that owns the same third party game (COD4) on both systems (WTF!), that is very odd.

Your final statement is also very very silly. Unless you want games like MGS4 and FFXIII to come to the XBox 360 and don't mind them being on 8 to 15 discs. What do you get for your £250? A technically less powerful console with a silly failure rate that sounds like a hoover, a gimped optical drive that will likely start to scratch your discs at some point and also sounds like a hoover, no Wi-Fi, a non-standard 20Gb HDD that will cost your around £120+ to upgrade, it goes on. The XBox 360 is a poorly designed low quality machine rushed to market in an attempt to gain a respectable foothold in the console business from a company whose last effort cost them over 4 billion in losses - if that has been any other company they would have gone out of business, but again Microsoft can get away with acting in this type of way. Believe it or not Pert, to Microsoft, this is not about games.

WeasteDevil

Limited Edition MGS4 Playstation 3 Model in the Works?

Based on a few news stories that came rolling in today, it looks like we may be seeing a Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 Playstation 3 pretty soon. Say that ten times fast.

The picture above is from Dengeki Playstation magazine. The picture shows the upcoming PS3 bundle. The PS3 unit is blacked out with a question mark over it.

That, coupled with the information reported today that stated we’ll be seeing the “look” of the bundled PS3 on March 21st, I think there’s a good chance that a Limited Edition console is on the way.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/02/28/limited-edition-mgs4-playstation-3-in-the-works/
Looks like some nerd simply photoshopped that on to be honest.

We know that they have a MG4S bundle in the US without any limited edition PS3 in it. If there is one, I'd expect it will be for Japan only. We'll see though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Let's get this right once and for all shall we? Once they get the XMB accessible in game, there will be no major differences between the base functionality of both networks. What's left, achievements? :lol: If that floats your boat, HOME supports achievements, as well as lots of stuff that XBox LIVE does not, and will be available this year. A possible taste of things to come? Well, just a few insights if you feel that HOME is nothing more than a poor man's Second Life:

And yes, HOME is going to be free.

As for your second point, the XBox obviously provides games that suit your specific mentality (Wii does the same for Wii owners, nothing wrong with that apart from the fact that you don't get Wii owners strutting around talking bollocks). To say the PS3 has no decent games is a joke. Maybe you should rephrase that to say "it hardly has any decent ones I would normally play". Coming from someone that owns the same third party game (COD4) on both systems (WTF!), that is very odd.

Your final statement is also very very silly. Unless you want games like MGS4 and FFXIII to come to the XBox 360 and don't mind them being on 8 to 15 discs. What do you get for your £250? A technically less powerful console with a silly failure rate that sounds like a hoover, a gimped optical drive that will likely start to scratch your discs at some point and also sounds like a hoover, no Wi-Fi, a non-standard 20Gb HDD that will cost your around £120+ to upgrade, it goes on. The XBox 360 is a poorly designed low quality machine rushed to market in an attempt to gain a respectable foothold in the console business from a company whose last effort cost them over 4 billion in losses - if that has been any other company they would have gone out of business, but again Microsoft can get away with acting in this type of way. Believe it or not Pert, to Microsoft, this is not about games.
Amen brother!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X are the only two games I've ever really gotten into. MGS2 ventured a little too far into weirdsville in the end, but was still great, I thought. FFX was only let down by the fact that you happened to be the most pathetic character in the game. Also, the invinsible guy with the blue hair was very annoying.

COD4 is amazing visually, but it's all about going around killing stuff. Good fun, but nothing to really pull you into the game. I became bored.

X-Box fanboys are worse than Mac users.

air_mood

Should try and play Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, noods. It's excellent. Excellent gameplay, excellent storyline. The sniper boss battle was very, very well done and creative IMO.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What kind of spastic pays £40 a year for the right to play their X-Box online, when they already pay for their internet, the x-box, the games, the controllers, the batteries for the controllers, etc?

It's like having to pay money every time you want to eat something from your own fridge....feck off. If it wasn't for all these X-Box warriors, Microsoft wouldn't be able to get away with treating people like chumps

WeasteDevil

you are saying xbox live isnt better than PSN, so what is so good about PSN?
I think that I have pointed out in this thread (if you can be bothered to read) several things that LIVE currently has that the PSN does not. I'm asking those that repeatedly tell us why LIVE is superior to PSN what makes that form such an opinion.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Well, for me it's the overall look of it and the friends system. I can have a chat with my mate via headset while we're playing two different games, this makes a big difference to me.
That's pretty much it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Talking on the Kojima Productions Report Session 081, the regular podcast by Metal Gear Solid 4 developer Kojima Productions, producer Ryan Payton has revealed that the highly anticipated stealth game won't include voice over tracks from other territories. So if you're a UK gamer hoping to play the game through with the Japanese language track you're out of luck.

"Unfortunately because of disc space, we don't have the space to include other languages, other voice over files for the respective versions," stated Payton. "So the Japanese version's not gonna have English VO, and the North American and European versions won't have Japanese VO."

It seems that even with the huge amount of storage space Blu-ray offers, there simply isn't enough room for the multiple languages and all the game data. There is still a way to play the game with Japanese voices though; seeing as all PS3 games are region free you could just import a copy from Japan.

Bloody hell, this game must be huge.