Gaming Metal Gear Solid

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
since I picked up a PS3 I have had a policy of renting games prior to buying them so I don't get any duds.

Will probably rent MGS, too.

I have already purchased GTA IV, mind you.

Dolphgb

MGS4 is awesome. We've played it and it is truly amazing. We had some people at the Destination Playstation event that told us about the launch date, so we were one of the sites that announced it.

GTA: IV is incredible too. It is being released on 29th April worldwide (a Tuesday, just to screw with UK retailers!) and is a lot deeper than you might think.

For the PS3, there's a whole slew of great games coming. LittleBigPlanet will sneak up on everyone and make them think twice about the 'Game of the Year' awards - it's not in the same mould as MGS or GTA - it couldn't be more different - but I predict it'll be one of the biggest games of the year on any platform.

Look out for Killzone 2, Resistance 2 (60-player online!) as well as GT5 Prologue and Wipeout HD (from the PS Store). All of these will rock your world...

FYI - I own and am the Editor-in-Chief at PS3 Attitude - and you can always keep up to date on release dates using the PS3 Events Calendar (in the left sidebar of the site; uses Google Calendar so you can subscribe to it)...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
These are all the exclusives I am looking forward to:

SOCOM: Confrontation
Socom
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
God Of War III
Wipeout HD
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Resistance Fall Of Man 2
Tekken 6
The Getaway
Haze
LittleBigPlanet

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
People who pre-order Metal Gear Solid 4 will be given guaranteed access to a beta test of Metal Gear Online, the forth coming multiplayer spin off in the MGS series, Sony has revealed. The beta is currently scheduled to open in late April.

It’s already a slightly confusing situation – Metal Gear Online is in fact a standalone game in its own right, but MGS4 will still come with an MGO ‘Starter Pack’ that will offer a scaled down version of the full MGO experience.

Sounds like there’s a potential mine field to navigate with this model; too generous an offering won’t really inspire people to upgrade to a full version, but making the Starter Pack too restricted could really put off players and not give them a good taster of what’s really on offer. It’s a problem faced by pretty much every demo, but is especially tricky when it comes to online games. Which is probably why Warhawk never had a demo.

Still, having access to the beta should give serious MGS fans an idea of what the online version would be like. There’s no word on whether this offer will be open to those outside the US. Given what we’ve since learned about the possibility of a European MGS4 / PS3 bundle pack, I’m guessing not. Boo.

http://www.pspsps.tv/2008/02/preorder_mgs4_get_beta_pass_to.html

Dolphgb

There’s no word on whether this offer will be open to those outside the US. Given what we’ve since learned about the possibility of a European MGS4 / PS3 bundle pack, I’m guessing not. Boo.
We've already asked SCEE to comment on whether the beta access plan is coming to Europe and we're waiting for them to answer. When they do, we'll let you know (and no doubt tell everyone via PS3 Attitude)...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
We've already asked SCEE to comment on whether the beta access plan is coming to Europe and we're waiting for them to answer. When they do, we'll let you know (and no doubt tell everyone via PS3 Attitude)...
Doubt it will come to Europe, we're always the last to get anything.

Dolphgb

We're always the last to get anything from Sony, particularly the UK. Japan have 3 colours to choose from for their PS3, they have had GT5 Prologue for god knows how long, and have had Dual Shock 3 for about the same time aswell.

We get NOTHING!
I feel your PAIN (spot the pun - it's fully intended) but we have had a couple of breaks over Japan and US.

PlayTV is UK and Europe only - I know it's not out just yet, but that little puppy is making the US very jealous of us.

There have been three or four PS Store updates where we've got something before the US and I know you won't care but we got all the extra PS Eye content way before them.

There are probably other examples but it's been a long day and I have a headache!

Mostly, I agree with you. We get a raw deal over here. And it's the only thing left that Sony need to deal with. If they can get everything sorted out so that they do the same things across the world at the same time (bundles, accessories and PS Store updates), we won't have anything left to bitch about.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
These are all the exclusives I am looking forward to:

SOCOM: Confrontation
Socom
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
God Of War III
Wipeout HD
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Resistance Fall Of Man 2
Tekken 6
The Getaway
Haze
LittleBigPlanet
Some awesome games coming out for the PS3, it leaves the 360 for dead imho.

Ronaldo No.9

Redcafe FIFA Champion 2010
''Ronaldo was the attacker more difficult to tackl
Been waiting months and months for the official release date of this game, and now we finally have it.

What a game this is gonna be, after playing a completing the first 3...up to now I'd have to say this finest gaming franchise I have had the pleasure of playing.

Roll on June 12th.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It is more or less finished now, but they are just scoruing the game for potential bugs and putting the finishing touches to it.

Will be well worth the wait, going to be immense.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Bollocks

I've got both, and I had the Playstation 1&2 never had the original Xbox so the fanboy argument doesn't really apply

If I had to choose a console it would be the Xbox

Hope this helps

Spastics
It's bollocks, so no, it doesn't help.