Micah Richards on Fergie and United

Chabon

I think they went into a game where midfield was important with a midfield which included Gareth Barry and James Milner. Doesn't really work when the rest of the side isn't playing well enough to carry them.
All their bought English players are mediocrities, and I often find myself bemused by the presence of such blatant Everton and Villa players in a title-chasing team. Then I remember who their manager was when they signed them all...

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
So, from this article it 'really looks like the City players are loosing faith in Mancini' and shows no good light on him, but it's still a good interview? From who's perspective?
The reader. Neutrals or rivals in particular.

Anything that offers insight has to be considered interesting, although quite whether you classify it as 'good' depends on your allegiance.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It's important to remember that we didn't we our first one, when we looked clear ahead. On this day 1992 we where 1 point behind, with two games in hand... and it didn't happen. We came back stronger the next year. It may have also helped they we nicked Cantona and Leeds collapsed.

The Premier League isn't won in a year.

rcoobc

This guy often get to captain City.Pathetic, pussy like comments from him
Why, he sounds like every loss hurts him. That is the United way, players like Neville and Ferdinand have said that whenever they lost in training they would be in strops for ages. Ben Foster wasn't United quality because he didn't care when he lost.

The important thing is coming back from it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There is a difference between being affected by a loss and almost saying you were close to crying when your opponents win a key game.
Do you honestly picture G.Neville saying that sort of stuff ? Fans expect their homegrown players and vice-captains to display more balls than that.I know I would if I were a City fan.
I'm not asking him he should delude himself ala Liverpool style but at least show that you still believe in it

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
There is a difference between being affected by a loss and almost saying you were close to crying when your opponents win a key game.
Do you honestly picture G.Neville saying that sort of stuff ? Fans expect their homegrown players and vice-captains to display more balls than that.I know I would if I were a City fan.
I'm not asking him he should delude himself ala Liverpool style but at least show that you still believe in it
Precisely.

In this case, too much insight is not exactly a good thing.

Kelvin

strange comments, not good for the morale for shitty.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I think if all roles were reversed and he were a United player (or us City fans), we'd be applauding him for being a player who looks like they give a toss.

He also didn't say he cried, he said he wanted to. I see that as anger, hurt, frustration and a desire to succeed. Unlike a few from that squad.

I agree its bad timing from their point of view, because it's not over yet.

misterredmist

To be fair, regardless of the effect on the City squad, I thought it was a good read and he appears to have got his act together. He knows he got picked for England too early in his career for his mentality, as soon after, he thought he'd "made it" and it went to his head, which went massive.

After a season or so long dip in form, he's back to being a player again, and, he seems to have sussed what City need to win the League, and what they are deficient in too...and, you know what, he ain't bitter !

rcoobc

No I guess Neville would be saying he wanted to break something or someone when Arsenal over took us, but the difference is slight. Things that I can't see happening with United however is:

a) He wouldn't be criticising Fergie, or if he did it would be "and now I realise he was right". And
b) The interview would be done with retrospect. I think there is a time for this interview, but it's next season when City are (presumably) leading the League once more.

What is the point in saying how much you hurt when the season isn't over? Other than that I agree with Cling Bak

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Why, he sounds like every loss hurts him. That is the United way, players like Neville and Ferdinand have said that whenever they lost in training they would be in strops for ages. Ben Foster wasn't United quality because he didn't care when he lost.

The important thing is coming back from it.
The timing is key. Saying you want to cry because the opposition are winning is really really stupid. Saying you won't give up despite it being an uphilt battle is something Rio and Neville would say.

redevil2

I though City's attitude was pathetic at Arsenal, they basically gave up the title without a fight.
The better question though: Do they know how to fight at this stage of campaign?

The pressure is on, the gap is big, they have enjoyed being on top for so long, they have some disruptive figure in the team.. most importantly, they don't have a Fergie.

People who look at Ballotelli and said he's only 22. Say for example, DDG just turned 21 (he's 20 when first joined) and the pressure has been very much on him when it looked like he started to lose some confidence. Look how reliable he is now. Players need the guidance of their managers and encouragement of their peers and understanding.

United know how to cope with pressure. The team was taken to have golfing sessions to gel and bond some more.... SAF knows some players might be too complacent resting on their laurels with a few games to play. If they are not taken to golfing, they would have too much spare time to do some crazy things which is not good for preparing the crucial last few games.

SAF is the master of all masters in football.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
SAF said:
The world has changed and so have players' attitudes. I'm dealing with more fragile human beings than I used to be. They are cocooned by parents, agents, even their own image at times. They need to be seen with their tattoos and earrings. It's a different world for me so I have had to adapt.Some players even cry now in the dressing room - Bryan Robson never used to cry.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...sing-room-Bryan-Robson-cried-says-Fergie.html

Just saying like.

rcoobc

Micah said he felt like crying. I don't think there is anything wrong with what he said, other than the timing.

ArmchairCritic

Shouldn't even feel that way, he's paid obscene amounts of money to do something he enjoys. The same applies to our players because SAF says they've cried too in the dressing room but I don't think it's something SAF expects, as he says players are more fragile now.

ArmchairCritic

Last time I cried or even felt like crying over football was when we lost to Arsenal in the FA Cup in 2005, I was 12 and convinced the Glazer's were going to feck up the club and that it was the end of an era. Keep in mind that I was 12. When we lost 6-1 I just went out for a bit and was quiet for the rest of the day, that's it I just go quiet for a bit and get on with life.

No.8

They're cracking up, they're cracking up. Now they're crying too!

SAF's the master alright. Keegan, Rafa, Viera now Richards, Mourinho never really fell for the mind games but then he always gave Fergie the respect he deserves.

Hats off the SAF, psychological warfare genius.

Sam

Mancini's defeatist negativity is clearly filtering down to the players.

Commadus

City and Mancini are mentally weak. The players know they are mercenaries collecting hefty salaries that no one else would ever pay so their only salvation is to win something and prove their worth.

Hellboy

What is this myth about City playing beautiful football ? They played well for 3 months max. They're as shit as Chelsea now.

Will Absolute

If I were a City player I'd look at things differently.

I'd say 'If we can beat these guys at home, they have to win 4 out of 5 of their other games to be sure of the title. There's a chance.'

AKDevil

Full interview in the Daily Mail........

When United pulled clear of City I wanted to cry....Micah Richards reveals torment

A interview like this one at this stage of the season is maybe wrong.

But i still think it's a good interview.

No good light on Mancini........it really looks like that the City players are loosing faith in Mancini.

Overall it's a good interview?
From who's perspective? As a reader and football fans who would rather hear players speak the truth rather than all the diluted bullshit which means nothing but tends to be in the papers every day.**
From a City perspective it is perhaps a concern as mathematically title race is not over.
But if you read the whole piece he is just being honest about things they need to learn and any realistic City fan will admit he is talking sense about their shortcomings and what they need to learn.
**On that note, I interviewed Ben Foster briefly yesterday. Had some very interesting things to say about how he felt and his mental state towards the end of his time at United compared to now.

Neo_Mufc

Through out a title race there's a lot of fight/potty talk which is as expected but it's not even over. The interview just cements the fact that City's players have no experience when it comes to a title run in and they've practically run a bit lost in the latter part of the stages. I'm not saying they've lost it but next season will be a big test of character whether they take this year's experience on board and win it next year or just blow another 100m on players who have no experience and repeat the present.

Really weird that. Wenger's usually the worst with his "Mathematically possible".

This got me to wondering what's the smallest number of title-winning players we've had in a squad since 93. I think it's almost certainly 2006-7 where we had a huge number of players without league medals, but we still had Neville, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, Silvestre, Solskjaer, O'Shea and Brown. Larsson and Van Der Sar had also won plenty in their careers.

Obviously you can win a title without a load of players who've already done it, but it's happened all of twice since 1995, and those two teams (Arsenal 1998 and Chelsea 2005) were utterly exceptional.
2006/07 was special because there was no stand out player when we started the league. Everyone chipped in with the goals apart from the obvious Ronaldo and Rooney combo who notched up 23 goals each.

This was the essence of my Arsenal Transition thread, and why they've won so little for so long.

They've removed all the players with experience of success, and the effect that has had on the future team is devestating. Compare that with United, and how we operate could not be further away.
We have a proven formula. A core of experienced/oldies who have been there done it. Players that have been at Utd for 5 years + and have developed fully as Utd players and then you have the youngsters. Everyone learns of each other, you bring in the fresh blood once a few leave and you try to maintain that winning spirit that's required to win the league.

Wenger took it a step too far, he lost a lot of experienced players around 05/06 and went for a youth only policy. It's yet to work but he's keeping the board happy with the financial figures.

rcoobc

What is this myth about City playing beautiful football ? They played well for 3 months max. They're as shit as Chelsea now.
Is that because Chelsea are playing well?

Ludens the Red

Yeah that's what I though cos he then sort of whispers it when the camera turns on him. Must've heard it in the stands at Old Trafford when we let them beat us and he liked it. Or he's a closet rag.

LR7

:lol:

From the comments:

You seriously think Micah Is a Rag fan, Just because he sang one of your songs as a joke, He's been at the club all his life, Just because he's better than your Right back stop claiming him as one of yours.
:lol: paranoid much?!