Michael Carrick

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Am I the only one - aside from Mozza obviously - who thinks he was superb tonight

Excellent reading of the game, great interceptions, almost flawless passing

Only criticism is that he couldn't get a grip on the game once we let the goal in. Will he ever be the sort of player who can do that? Probably not...but he's a class act.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He was shit. We should sell him and replace him with Torres in January.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
For my liking, he still has not enough influence yet (in the final third of the pitch), and unlike Paul Scholes, should cover more ground.

pert

Glad we didn't get Hargreaves now, Carrick is much better. :)

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Plech, you know fairwell mozza wanted to make this thread. Shouldn't you be off posting your dutch winger transfer forum fantasies in the wrong forum somehwere?

By the way Carrick played well and its good to see hes already learned the 'Manchester United football 101'- if in doubt pass to scholes.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
absolutely agree.

i thought scholesy overshadowed him in the first half. but carrick, plugged along, kept the ball well and worked tirelessly defensively.

what was most pleasing was that against a combative combination of sno, gravesen and lennon - carrick and scholes not only coped, but out played and out muscled them.

as for getting a grip on the game - i see what you mean, but it's not as though there was like 20 mins to do this - the game had about 8 mins left to run and those were fragmented ones at that.

onlyoneunited

He did very well imho. Started to get stuck in a bit too, and started putting himself about when he was brought off, which i found an odd decision.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Plechazunga said:
Am I the only one - aside from Mozza obviously - who thinks he was superb tonight

Excellent reading of the game, great interceptions, almost flawless passing

Only criticism is that he couldn't get a grip on the game once we let the goal in. Will he ever be the sort of player who can do that? Probably not...but he's a class act.
Yay!

He was fecking class tonight, the first half was flawless, when they tried to burst out of the blocks in the second half he won anything that came near him to kill that pretty quick. With the amount of possession he gave them, the attack should have won the game

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He was class.

Why the feck was he substituted for O'freakin Shea??

pert

Spammy said:
You may still get him.

Carrick was playing well, so what is the obvious option? Bring on O'Shea :smirk:
Or don't take him off. ;)

O'Shea came on to give us some height in the box.

Mainoldo

Wibble said:
He was shit. We should sell him and replace him with Torres in January.
Some one should quote a Muppet picture on your irene;)

Red_Aaron

he was very good tonight, not as good as scholes though but the comparrison with scholes is probably unfair given that scholes is one of the worlds finest footballers

Carrick is still settling in to our style of play though imo but in recent games he's had a bigger and bigger influence in them. I'm expecting a lot more from him in the 2nd half of the season as he clearly has the ability.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I think tonight demonstrates why we signed Carrick.. excellent distribution, excellent reading of the game... him and scholes controlled the midfield without breaking sweat.. I would like to see him go forward a bit but I dont think thats his game really..

Celtics mistake was giving us too much space and time in the centre of the field which both scholes and carrick exploited excellently... good game for our MF..

Havent a clue why O'Shea was brought on, maybe seeing as we were one down Scholes was told to push up with Giggs and Ron and O'Shea was left as a defensive option maybe?

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Eyepopper said:
Celtics mistake was giving us too much space and time in the centre of the field which both scholes and carrick exploited excellently... good game for our MF..
That wasn't their mistake - they just couldn't get close to us because of our passing

Their mistake was not starting Maloney, giving them no width and no outlet, and allowing our full-backs to press right up

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
he is like air, you won´t notice it until you miss it

mjdj

He murdered Gravesen in one tackle which was particularly delightful.

Great signing.

I think he would be good at penalties too...