Michael Olise

Gerald G

This kid looks pretty great from what I've seen from him. I remember he played vs our U23s last year (was 17 at the time) and was outstanding.

He's an attacking midfielder, recently turned 19 but looks like he could go right to the top. He would genuinely be a player that I think we should look at purchasing in the summer if he continues this development. He's got 4 goals and 7 assists so far in the Championship - looks the total part. He probably needs to develop physically but he's so creative and is technically so gifted.

Yes, obviously we have Bruno and VdB but I think Olise is still a player we should be looking to pursue. He can technically play out-wide too although he's best in the #10 role. Ideally, I'd have him backup Bruno.

Anyone seen much of him?

TheReligion

Abusive
This kid looks pretty great from what I've seen from him. I remember he played vs our U23s last year (was 17 at the time) and was outstanding.

He's an attacking midfielder, recently turned 19 but looks like he could go right to the top. He would genuinely be a player that I think we should look at purchasing in the summer if he continues this development. He's got 4 goals and 7 assists so far in the Championship - looks the total part. He probably needs to develop physically but he's so creative and is technically so gifted.

Yes, obviously we have Bruno and VdB but I think Olise is still a player we should be looking to pursue. He can technically play out-wide too although he's best in the #10 role. Ideally, I'd have him backup Bruno.

Anyone seen much of him?
I've not seen much of him but I'm aware he's having a very good season for Reading. I assume he's replaced Eze for them? I thought he played more wide than central.

Does he have an £8m release clause by the way?

I like Josh DaSilva and would like to see us get him and let Pogba go. Big claim I know.

SambaBoy

I've not seen much of him but I'm aware he's having a very good season for Reading. I assume he's replaced Eze for them? I thought he played more wide than central.

Does he have an £8m release clause by the way?

I like Josh DaSilva and would like to see us get him and let Pogba go. Big claim I know.
Eze was at QPR wasn't he?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

I'm not sure what Premiership club wouldn't activate his rumored £8m release clause if given the chance. I guess he'll pick his next destination.

Bulldog United

Ed has already plugged his details into the TAS (transfer assistance system) and determined he doesn't fit the profile of a United player. Let him go somewhere else, and if he plays well, we can sign him later for £80m.

passing-wind

Supposedly one of the most talented in championship. I've not seen anything of him but hear him pop up in a few prospect conversations.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
We have some great attacking talent at the moment but Olise has the highest ceiling of the lot. His technique at 19 is ridiculous, best first touch I’ve seen in a Palace shirt since Lombardo and if an attacker is in space, he’ll find them. Very glad we were the club he chose to join for that fee.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC

Thought he was very good again yesterday, technique for his age is mad. Would have had a goal and a couple more assists on another day.

pascell

Was jealous when Palace got him, he looked a sure thing to make it when he played United u23s last season.

How's Eze getting on after his injury?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Whenever I've seen him I've been impressed. He has 5 G/A's in 486 minutes in the league which is a goal or an assist every 97.5 minutes. Pretty good stuff.

Though that begs the question - why so few minutes?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Whenever I've seen him I've been impressed. He has 5 G/A's in 486 minutes in the league which is a goal or an assist every 97.5 minutes. Pretty good stuff.

He doesn't seem very conservative as a player, very exciting though. Perhaps Vieira is being a bit cautious.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Injured at the start of the season so missed a lot of pre season and was therefore brought in slowly. Viera has used Jordan Ayew as the start on the right, which is a little baffling given how average he is. But perhaps Viera doesn't want to upset the senior players initially. Either way Olise will be getting plenty of minutes in the 2nd half of the season, he oozes quality.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Injured at the start of the season so missed a lot of pre season and was therefore brought in slowly. Viera has used Jordan Ayew as the start on the right, which is a little baffling given how average he is. But perhaps Viera doesn't want to upset the senior players initially. Either way Olise will be getting plenty of minutes in the 2nd half of the season, he oozes quality.
Jordan's been our best player in quite a few games this season to be fair to him, he's not a MOTD player but he gets through an extraordinary amount of work, carries the ball well and is very good in tight spaces which is quite important for the way we're trying to play. That said, no doubt Olise will be (and is) in a totally different league, say it quietly but he reminds me of Mo Salah in that you know he's going to come in on his left foot but stopping him is a totally different matter. The end product already looks to be there as well, really should have at least two assists yesterday with the ball in behind for Mateta and the cross for the Schlupp header/Edouard back-heel.

Eze is working his way back in but still a bit rusty at the moment. Bit of a conundrum as to where he fits in really, he's not a left winger and Gallagher is playing in the most advanced midfield role. Can only think that when CG goes back to Chelsea we'll have to rejig the midfield slightly and Eze will be furthest forwards, and a more defensively minded midfielder will come in for CG.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was the first time I watched him play yesterday and his touch and technique was instantly identifiable. His weight of pass was also very good, and he's someone that looks a talent.

TheReligion

Abusive
He looks a very good technician. The way he brings the ball down when balls are pinged over to him is high level mixed with the composure to then make the right choices to progress play.

Palace have a pair of gems with him and Eze.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Slower less explosive Sane he reminds me of. Fantastic talent.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Don't know why no one else went for him. It was he was a talent in the championship.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Another Chelsea product. We're just too good at this.

We let him go when he was an 11 year kid in year 7 or something but that's not important.

Sea-Cow

Very good left foot on him, but I don't see much pace. Maybe it will improve slightly as he gets older and develops a bit more.

GledTheRed

We should buy him in the summer and concentrate Greenwood on CF, don't bother with a traditional 9 and have a fluid attack.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Very good left foot on him, but I don't see much pace. Maybe it will improve slightly as he gets older and develops a bit more.
He doesn't need blistering pace.

He actually has the natural ability to beat a man rather than rely on pace like a lot of players.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He doesn't need blistering pace.

He actually has the natural ability to beat a man rather than rely on pace like a lot of players.
Agreed. I also don't think he's really slow anyway. Is he much slower than Sancho for example?

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Agreed. I also don't think he's really slow anyway. Is he much slower than Sancho for example?
I don't think so.

He has a very similar style of play to Sancho tbf. Both are very good in tight spaces and have great playmaking qualities that you don't often see in wide men.

Vapor trail

Had a good performance today. Think Viera made mistake taking him off think it lost them the lead. He's outstanding in tight spaces, like Eze he's not fast but very nimble always two steps ahead of his marker.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bizarre celebration, scores a goal late on like that and just jogs back to halfway line?!

Red Star One

Great player, excellent with both feet, the free kick today was 10/10 - what a fecking shame it had to happen against us. Bright future ahead of him - I think he also has a rather low release clause, if it wasn't for the fact we've spent billions on the wide players already I'd fancy him here

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Thought he was poor today compared to what he's capable of. Him, Eze and Zaha all have the similar issue of lacking consistency. On their day they are really dangerous, but it's not often enough. And when they're off their game they are pretty useless.

Today I thought they were all off their games (Eze probably best when he came on). But obviously Olise scored a good goal in the end. Him and Eze really need to work on their end product and consistency or else they'll end up like Zaha, having their best years at Palace.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought he was poor today compared to what he's capable of. Him, Eze and Zaha all have the similar issue of lacking consistency. On their day they are really dangerous, but it's not often enough. And when they're off their game they are pretty useless.

Today I thought they were all off their games (Eze probably best when he came on). But obviously Olise scored a good goal in the end. Him and Eze really need to work on their end product and consistency or else they'll end up like Zaha, having their best years at Palace.
This for me. All talented players in their own rights and when they're on it they're a joy to watch but thought Palace as they have been last few weeks are just a very toothless team with little cutting edge and it all feels a bit samey in final third. Them all trying to cut inside on their favoured foot to get shots away and mediocre crosses.

However this is way Palace need to play to get 40 points and they're back on track now.