Michael Olise

Righteous Steps

He's older and already had a chance but flopped at Chelsea. And Man City actually (although Palmer also couldn't make it there).
He’s older by 7 months...

Also how did he flop at Chelsea? Did he get released he left at 14, and went to City and left within a year, he didn’t fail at senior level at any of these clubs.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Most of them made sense at the time (or.at.least, you could see the reasonong) Losing Guehi and Tomori looks ridiculous given what.we paid on centre backs since the but we the club didn't plan on the sanctions and not being able to keep Rudiger and Christensen.

Mount rejected a big contract so we cashed in.

Livramemto rejected a contract extension because he didn't want to be stuck behind Reece James (same with Tariq Lamptey). The choice was to cash in or lose them for peanuts. All 3 seem like sick notes to be honest. Maybe if we kept all 3 we could stagger their long term injuries and be set at left back.

Obviously there are lots of horrible decisions but they're not all super dumb.
I don't even buy there are that many dumb ones to be fair. The club modus operanandi is to make good money from talent developed to always keep ffp at bay. I'd say only losing the likes of say Livramento on frees is what is dumb.

Marwood

I don't even buy there are that many dumb ones to be fair. The club modus operanandi is to make good money from talent developed to always keep ffp at bay. I'd say only losing the likes of say Livramento on frees is what is dumb.
Or keep your young talent, develop them and don't spend fortunes on transfers. Another way of keeping FFP at bay.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
He's very inconsistent imo.
Was third in the league for assists last season and people said he didn’t score enough goals, has now scored 5 goals in 9 games for a depleted Palace side this season. He’s not the finished article of course but statistically he’s right up there already.

I think he’ll go to City and be bloody brilliant.

Robbie Boy

Was third in the league for assists last season and people said he didn’t score enough goals, has now scored 5 goals in 9 games for a depleted Palace side this season. He’s not the finished article of course but statistically he’s right up there already.

I think he’ll go to City and be bloody brilliant.
Yeah. When I've seen him, he's always been hit-and-miss. But, I wouldn't catch many Palace games unless they're on TV and I have time.

Don't think he's shown enough to warrant a big money move, personally.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
because Boehly preferred engaging in a dick measuring contest with John Henry and spending £170m on two defensive midfielders one of whom has yet to play rather than addressing his glaring deficiencies upfront after nkunku got injured.
Who is the 70m guy?

A 270m midfield 3 would be unreal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We’ve made about £40m on Livramento.

El Jefe

He's very inconsistent imo.
I don't think I've ever seen him have a game where he impressed me through the whole match. I've only seen moments of class.

I can't say I watch Palace that much but I've seen them enough that I should be able to see where a lot of the hype comes from but if I'm honest I can't see it, especially at the crazy prices being mentioned in here.

Robbie Boy

I don't think I've ever seen him have a game where he impressed me through the whole match. I've only seen moments of class.

I can't say I watch Palace that much but I've seen them enough that I should be able to see where a lot of the hype comes from but if I'm honest I can't see it, especially at the crazy prices being mentioned in here.
Exactly my sentiments.

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
Or keep your young talent, develop them and don't spend fortunes on transfers. Another way of keeping FFP at bay.
Would be good, but the club isn't just one single entity making every decision.

Lampard liked Tomori so sent Guehi out on loan as he would have been sixth choice CB, but then Lampard didn't like Tomori anymore and got rid of him. But Lampard liked Billy Gilmour and Tammy Abraham and made them part of his plans but wasn't keen on Chalobah, but then Thomas Tuchel came in and wasn't keen on Gilmour and Abraham, but liked Chalobah, so Guehi headed for the exit as he would have been sixth choice CB. Tuchel wasn't keen on Colwill but the new owners were and went above and beyond to stop him leaving the club, but they want to cash in on Chalobah as neither Potter or Pochettino had him in their plans, and they see the pound signs.

Everyone was keen on Reece James except the old owners who initially wanted to cash in on him (to Crystal Palace) before he'd even made his debut, but Lampard stopped them, even if he did get rid of Tomori. But by keeping Reece James, it meant both Livramento and Lamptey weren't keen on staying, so headed for the exit with the club powerless to do much about it as both chose to run down their contracts.

Should we have cashed in on Broja when there was £30m on the table, or Hudson Odoi when there was £70m? We've arguably cost ourselves a fortunes in sales in both cases. Was it a mistake cashing in on Tammy Abraham when he scored 27 in 53 for Roma? Probably. Was it a mistake cashing in on Tammy Abraham when he then scored 9 in 54 the season after. Probably not.

Righteous Steps

His inconsistency is partly down to playing for a low block side who mostly don’t control possession, therefore he’s left to moments to work his magic because it’s not like Palace have territorial control in most games.

But if you watch him against any of the big teams he is more often than not the best Palace player and equal to the other sides best players, against City Liverpool I think Chelsea last he’s had big performances, he’s a big talent.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m assuming it’s a grade 3 hamstring tear the way Hodgson has described it?

That would possibly be surgery and 2-3 months out if so.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Always a damn shame to see young players get struck with multiple injuries. He was playing so well since he came back from his previous injury too.

Two serious hamstring issues within a year will probably make some of the top clubs interested in signing him to make some serious risk assessments and might end up dropping their interest.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Awful management from Hodgson to bring him on when he clearly wasn't ready.
Kinda shitty to say this as well...

"It's not easy when you've got a player like Olise on the bench to turn around and say 'just sit there'.

"Michael is a quiet guy and that's another part of this situation. Another player might have come up and said, 'Look, I don't think it's worth it. I need a bit more time.'

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

"It's not easy when you've got a player like Olise on the bench to turn around and say 'just sit there'.

"Michael is a quiet guy and that's another part of this situation. Another player might have come up and said, 'Look, I don't think it's worth it. I need a bit more time.'
He won’t play for Hodgson again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Old man who can't cut it anymore vibes right there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Not only is he victim blaming the player for getting injured, chances are if Olise did say that he wasn’t fully fit and needed more time, Hodgson very well could have said after that he’s got a player who isn’t up for it when it’s tough and would rather sit on the bench.

Damned if you do…